IGNORED

Coventry City at home matchday thread

Jerseybean

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I said on Twitter that I was looking forward to seeing what McCrorie could in this team..... never mind. Tanners strike was unreal!

Not a chance. Tanner twice the player McCrorie is im afraid. 

• Like 3

Thoroughly enjoyed that 1st half. Capped of with a wonderful goal.

Hopefully we can do the same in the 2nd and put in a quality full game performance.

Earthy and Fally to come on and give them something else to worry about.....

I'm enjoying this 

COYR 

• Like 1

Superb half…. and George, what a hit lad. Top drawer. 

3-0 wouldn’t flatter us.

Just hope we can keep our foot on their throats and stop them playing as they’re a decent side in possession. 

• Like 1

Two quality teams, but we've looked very much the home side trying to apply pressure and break them down. Quality finish. 

City look great, but the second half will be a different challenge altogether.

Really strong half where I thought we deserved to be going in ahead…and Tanner delivered. Good shot from him earlier on too. But that was a superbly controlled volley.

Some lovely football, and we’ve out-muscled them all over the pitch too.

Cmon. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Cracking goal. 

I do think had Fally been up front he would have taken one of the few chances Armstrong has had.

I know what your saying but would he have the pace to get there , apples and oranges and all that 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Two quality teams, but we've looked very much the home side trying to apply pressure and break them down. Quality finish. 

City look great, but the second half will be a different challenge altogether.

In this game? They’ve been far from quality in my opinion 

I’ve got to say that was one of the best halves of football that I have seen in a long time from City.

Finally, we are moving the ball quicker, we’re working hard in the press and dominating the midfield which is something I haven’t seen for some time.

Deserved the goal as we have created more and lovey to see Tanner on the scoresheet as he’s really beginning to look like an accomplished defender.

Coventry are a dangerous team on the break and get the balls into dangerous areas, but we are making them scratch their heads when it comes to ideas.

It’s also clear that the turnaround last week has given the team confidence to play with more freedom.

We look a powerful and physically strong team. Very promising indeed for City.

The midfield have been superb. Great stuff. Let’s hope we don’t lose momentum following the break. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, east sussex red said:

Tbh, the keeper didn't even try to save that one...not sure our guy on the ground affected the outcome

Dickie wasn’t in his line of sight and the keeper just watched it fly past him so I don’t see how it would have been disallowed even with VAR

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Dickie wasn’t in his line of sight and the keeper just watched it fly past him so I don’t see how it would have been disallowed even with VAR

From what I could see Rob thought about getting up, realised he might be offside if he did, and went back down. Hardly interfering with play IMO.

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

I’ve got to say that was one of the best halves of football that I have seen in a long time from City.

Finally, we are moving the ball quicker, we’re working hard in the press and dominating the midfield which is something I haven’t seen for some time.

Deserved the goal as we have created more and lovey to see Tanner on the scoresheet as he’s really beginning to look like an accomplished defender.

Coventry are a dangerous team on the break and get the balls into dangerous areas, but we are making them scratch their heads when it comes to ideas.

It’s also clear that the turnaround last week has given the team confidence to play with more freedom.

The midfield have been superb. Great stuff. Let’s hope we don’t lose momentum following the break. 

Excellent first half and again Bird has been very good playing just off of Armstrong 

Would like to see Twine a bit more involved but not going to complain too much as the team as a whole have been very good but second half we need to keep at it and not let them back into the game like we did last week with Millwall 

6 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Agree with all of this. It's been a long time since i've seen such a dominant and controlled display by a City team both in and out of possession, credit where its due early days of course but Manning seems to be really stamping his mark on this team now.