IGNORED

Coventry City at home matchday thread

Jerseybean

On 25/08/2024 at 15:03, Red-Robbo said:

Coventry fans:  "He left 'cause you're shit" may be more catchy - but "he left because you sold him because he wasn't providing value-for-money" is more accurate. 

Palmer.?.......we spend a weighty amount of our transfer budget on him, which admittedly is not down to him, but the "who ever" was the stupid moron who Ok'ed the deal?   He then goes through the motions, playing  some vaguely   half decent games per season?  He is then off loaded to Coventry for nothing?   He returns, comes off the bench, (remembering to remove the splinters from his ass?} as he spends the majority of his career there ?............and scores an equaliser, to rob us off of 3 points, and as a final flourish crocks our young West Ham lad ( Who will be twice the player Palmer will ever be?)   with an   "Out of Order" foul.   Am i being unreasonable?  Do I hate him?...................Yes I do.   As he has talent, but seems to be happy to steal a living from those stupid enough to sign him IMHO.     Am I being unfair?

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Palmer.?.......we spend a weighty amount of our transfer budget on him, which admittedly is not down to him, but the "who ever" was the stupid moron who Ok'ed the deal?   He then goes through the motions, playing  some vaguely   half decent games per season?  He is then off loaded to Coventry for nothing?   He returns, comes off the bench, (remembering to remove the splinters from his ass?} as he spends the majority of his career there ?............and scores an equaliser, to rob us off of 3 points, and as a final flourish crocks our young West Ham lad ( Who will be twice the player Palmer will ever be?)   with an   "Out of Order" foul.   Am i being unreasonable?  Do I hate him?...................Yes I do.   As he has talent, but seems to be happy to steal a living from those stupid enough to sign him IMHO.     Am I being unfair?

Certainly got a lot to dislike about the guy. I understood we got an "undisclosed fee" for him?  anyone able to confirm?

• Like 1

On 24/08/2024 at 13:13, Porto Red said:

Ironically I can barely drink vinho do Porto at all as it gives me a banging headache, let alone in the morning. 

Sorry for the late reply! Not sure if you're aware, but this is a quote from Larkin: he was giving advice to his friend who was suffering from depression.

He mumbled the following: "I don't suppose you've tried drinking Port in the morning?"

I never forgot this excellent advice.  

• Haha 1