IGNORED

Derby County away match thread

Jerseybean

I’m going an away win and 3 points. What a side we’ve got and we’ll only get better as the season goes on. It’s Friday night and I’m sat in the garden drinking wine. 
The eggs and bacon are going to taste real good this Sunday morning while reading about how we took them apart 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

Who's out?

The long terms IE Yu, McCorrie from the first team squad plus Dickie and Tanner?

Earthy which I’m really disappointed with.

Tanners injured? 

Edited by Jose

3 hours ago, Derby_Ram said:

Great intro Jersey but to correct one point from our end Cashin should have recovered from concussion and is expected to be available.

Despite promotion things are a bit glum up in Derby with big questions about the season and grumblings about Warne and his style of play which is turgid. Brilliant football/success = everyone happy, poor football/success = acceptable, brilliant football/no success = just about acceptable, poor football/no success = where's the number for the Samaritans?

With a few hours left the transfer window hasn't been great and the signings don't seem to fit what Warne does. Fees paid for 3 players - £1m on a goalkeeper, Adams who was the difference maker that got us promotion when joining on loan in Jan, and Goudmijn a technical midfielder from the Netherlands who must be questioning what he's done given we bypass the midfield.

Boro still can't believe they lost at our place and although the performance at Watford last week was better defensively they still dominated the game. If things don't start we'll tomorrow then despite it still being August the natives could get restless.

Max and Knight guaranteed good receptions before and after the game although I've money on both scoring.

It's excellent to see so many tickets sold by you. Save travels but I hope you leave empty handed.

+  Correction - The Navigation Pub is currently closed 

7 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Cracking pub, Gold on tap... but since our last trip replaced with Inchs for a bit and now with Aspall, the sort of decline that in football terms is often described as freefall. Strongbow next season and Old Mout in the fridge and they'll have completed the same collapse as us and Wolverhampton ******* Wanderers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wondering who is gonna get the 20th spot in the squad?

Squad wise:

McNally replaces Dickie

Who replaces Earthy?

Elijah Morrison?

• Like 1

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/43314-bristol-city-h-match-thread/  When reading their posts, remember COYR to them mean Come On You Rams.

Bristol City are a bang average mid-table team that won’t be promotion chasing . At home , we should not be expecting a backs-to-the-wall , Alamo type performance . COYR 

Horrible game this. Horrible. I don’t want to see us go up against Bird and Knight. They should be here, with us

I imagine this is a fixture they were hoping they'd never have to play again, as some of their fans seemed to be of the opinion that we should have been liquidated. Anyhow, **** 'em, we're still here and we intend to stay here. Otherwise, certainly a tough game again. Strong in attack but perhaps with a slightly shaky defence, especially as Rob Dickie is expected to miss the game. Certainly, we must get after them and test that theory whilst guarding the back door. We know what Birdy and Knighty can do but they won't be the only ones we need to stop playing.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Olé said:

Cracking pub, Gold on tap... but since our last trip replaced with Inchs for a bit and now with Aspall, the sort of decline that in football terms is often described as freefall. Strongbow next season and Old Mout in the fridge and they'll have completed the same collapse as us and Wolverhampton ******* Wanderers.

Appall is far better then Gold so definitely not free fall 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is Kane Wilson still injured @Derby_Ram? He went off with what sounded a bad injury a game or two ago didn`t he? We had high hopes for him when we got him from FGR but it never really worked out for some reason.

Yep he's out with a hamstring injury.

He's definitely one of the fan favourites when he plays but sadly injury prone. When he came back in preseason he'd lost weight, crushed everyone in the bleep test, and had clearly put the effort in himself. A shame as when he has the ball he's like an old-school winger but fear he's destined to have a 'what might have been' career through no fault of his own.

• Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, 22A said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/43314-bristol-city-h-match-thread/  When reading their posts, remember COYR to them mean Come On You Rams.

Bristol City are a bang average mid-table team that won’t be promotion chasing . At home , we should not be expecting a backs-to-the-wall , Alamo type performance . COYR 

Horrible game this. Horrible. I don’t want to see us go up against Bird and Knight. They should be here, with us

I imagine this is a fixture they were hoping they'd never have to play again, as some of their fans seemed to be of the opinion that we should have been liquidated. Anyhow, **** 'em, we're still here and we intend to stay here. Otherwise, certainly a tough game again. Strong in attack but perhaps with a slightly shaky defence, especially as Rob Dickie is expected to miss the game. Certainly, we must get after them and test that theory whilst guarding the back door. We know what Birdy and Knighty can do but they won't be the only ones we need to stop playing.

There are quite a few parallels for their fanbase and ours. Both clubs have been overtaken by others that have historically been smaller. You can understand a certain amount of bitterness and frustration. At least we don't have to contend with our rivals playing in the Premier League. That said whilst we might be perceived by their fans as a lesser club historically, the reality is that we're a stronger club now and this is a game where we should be looking for three points. Given our amazing away following today, if we get the first goal we could really put a lot of pressure on Derby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

I see they still have the strops with Mr P. A clue Rams fans....it wasnt him that put you in the financial mire. Maybe look closer to home?

5 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I see they still have the strops with Mr P. A clue Rams fans....it wasnt him that put you in the financial mire. Maybe look closer to home?

To be fair to them. Talk about kicking someone when they are down!

12 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Gotta laugh tbh. :sub:

I used to get ratty about it but there are a few 🤡 on that site.

They caused some of it, I caused some of it the bad blood. Different club now but I'm far from the only one..they didn't like Kieran Maguire or Matt Hughes either iirc. To name 2.

Forest Forum had a hilarious Blame List during their travails.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Remind me to call you when I need a confidence booster.  

it’s called SUPPORT 

Sorry pal, your hair is looking amazing today and you have a winning smile. 

• Haha 10

Just now, JAWS said:

It's not harsh as you've highlighted why he's a liability?

In the two games he's played CB he got done by Ellis Sims for the Coventry winner in the cup & then in the league by Asante which could've led to a late winner. So two games & two fundamental errors. It's not harsh, it's concenr with good reason.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, !james said:

Shame McNally didn't start ahead of liability Naismith. Strong bench

I'd be a bit concerned if he did, he'll need a few sessions to learn the defensive set piece routines for starters.

• Like 4

Afternoon all!   Great to see that this EFL contract with Sky is now not allowing anyone to listen live to the Sports pre match on the website of RB, was working last week, not now.  The audio on the OS doesn't start ubtil 1630 here, so can't listen to any opinions from Gary Owers etc. Anyway, hoping all goes well today and we win by 2 clear goals. Come On You Reds!

• Robin 1

8 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Great to see Yu fit for the bench, wasn't expecting to see him until September 

I was looking and couldn't see him. Then realised his name is Hirakawa. Not that he's ever going to be known by that.

Hope he's actually fit enough to come on at some point.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yu on the bench is a pleasant surprise.

When we use him, he must be fit and match fit though, not merely technically fit..I envisage an interesting game today, hopefully we see him properly at Blackburn.

I’m not on the bench

Hahahahhahahahahahaha

• Sad 1

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

I was looking and couldn't see him. Then realised his name is Hirakawa. Not that he's ever going to be known by that.

IMO only really risk him coming on if we are a couple ahead with 15-20 to play.

Beyond that? If in the balance, if an intense game dunno.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He is on the bench, so I would hope fit.

• Like 1