IGNORED

Derby County away match thread

Jerseybean

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yu on the bench is a pleasant surprise.

When we use him, he must be fit and match fit though, not merely technically fit..I envisage an interesting game today, hopefully we see him properly at Blackburn.

He has played most of the season in Japan so he is fit. 

Disappointed again with the 11. Do we really think this is our best starting 11? I’m so bored of Bird in the 10. If I was SL I would be questioning why the big summer signing I’ve invested in is constantly pushed out to the left! Madness. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Disappointed again with the 11. Do we really think this is our best starting 11? I’m so bored of Bird in the 10. If I was SL I would be questioning why the big summer signing I’ve invested in is constantly pushed out to the left! Madness. 

Bird has been fantastic, easily a consistent performer too and with Twine on the left we've had some great deliveries, not to mention when we attack he often comes inside and plays like a second AM anyway so I don't see any issue there. If Twine wasn't playing that role what would you do with Bird? Drop him? Put him back and replace Knight who battles hard and closes down very well? Replace Williams I would expect would be the answer but then you're replacing the only player who does the dirty work and off-the-ball lane cutting. I think at this point we need to trust LM knows what he's doing with his own formation/tactics. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The only madness is your comment. It's safe to say Bird is one of our best players at this very early stage. I would have no qualms building the team around him in that central attacking position. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

My thoughts too. It`s presented a good opportunity to get him involved in an away match day squad. I doubt he`ll come on unless we`re three up with five minutes left.

He's presumably been excited about seeing the bright lights of Derby ever since he arrived on these shores.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

had to revert back to this as RTV froze again, why do I even pay for it?

That's why I just have audio.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

My normal feeds are not having it so thankful mate even if it’s a awful picture coyr 

Mines good.

2 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Armstrong has failed to score four 1on1s in a row now, in the last two games.

He made both chances himself with his pace. Any other player wouldn't have been a 1 on 1 

Just now, Pugofwar said:

He made both chances himself with his pace. Any other player wouldn't have been a 1 on 1 

I agree

2 minutes ago, collier said:

TBF he hit the target with both 1v1s today, keeper saved it what can you do??

Fantastic logic

Armstrong's value comes from his ability to get these chances, with his strength, power and game-reading ability. If he was also a top level finisher at his young age, he would not be in the Championship.

You have to be patient with him, he's effective and will continue to generate a lot of opportunities. Yes, he'll obviously miss some. That will be annoying. But he's a nightmare to play against.

Just now, Super said:

Score? Not give him a chance to save it!

This makes no sense, his jobs to hit the target with the shot. Of course he wants to score but he isn't clairvoyant and the keeper has rushed out and made the saves. Be worried if he is hitting shots in row Z but I can't criticize a striker that hits the target.

• Confused 1

Just now, collier said:

This makes no sense, his jobs to hit the target with the shot. Of course he wants to score but he isn't clairvoyant and the keeper has rushed out and made the saves. Be worried if he is hitting shots in row Z but I can't criticize a striker that hits the target.

His job is to score.