IGNORED

Derby County away match thread

Jerseybean

Well, that was utter shit. Another game where we've looked better and not taken advantage only for the opposition to get the goal.

O'Leary is going to be made out to be to blame but we had almost every player between him and the ball there, too many players between the ball for him to be able to see and not a single one blocked the shot

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

How the **** are we losing 🤣

They are awfullll

Agreed. Max didn't handle the ball in the first 20 mins. When the goal did come it appeared to take the Derby players and fans by surprise; "Ere we've scored". Only now after thirty mins can the home fans be heard.

1 minute ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

Armstrong needs to play on the wing like Semenyo did for us.

We need a goalscorer up front like Fally

Been saying this since day one! QPR fans I know all say he’s better out wide as hopeless in the middle! I fear Manning is another LJ. Very rigid. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1

Got to say, having missed the first few games, these last couple have given me absolutely zero to get excited about Armstrong. Looks a Bas Savage level finisher from what I’ve seen. Please reassure me he’s better than that. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Got to say, having missed the first few games, these last couple have given me absolutely zero to get excited about Armstrong. Looks a Bas Savage level finisher from what I’ve seen. Please reassure me he’s better than that. 

No i cant

Amazing build up but HAVE to be finishing opportunities like that! Costing ourselves points by not converting good chances and it's becoming a real issue as we're giving cheap goals away.

• Like 1

Just now, collier said:

Guess Twine is shit as well seeing he hit the target but didn't score huh??

Assume you're not referring to my post simply highlighting that Armstrong failed to score his last four 1on1s?

• Like 1

Just now, TammyAB said:

Assume you're not referring to my post simply highlighting that Armstrong failed to score his last four 1on1s?

No just an observation that all players when presented with a good chance must score apparently, keepers are not allowed to make saves either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Abingdon Red said:

I'm surprised Manning didn't go with Roberts over Naismith. He finished last season very well 

Things like that plus game management worry me about LM

He's had the evidence of naismith's vulnerability but not taken heed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAWS said:

Things like that plus game management worry me about LM

He's had the evidence of naismith's vulnerability but not taken heed

He said himself last season he doesn’t do that though, frustratingly. He has a plan pre game and seems to stick with it regardless.

Just now, kidjupiter said:

You're just saying that because of the goal he scored today - no one ever brought up Weimann or minding his departure before that.

Nope. Said it before when he was here & we (including N didn't utilise him through the middle after that top scoring season he had. Just didn't make sense. 

And then when he did get another chance he did well ie. Watford away, but for some reason it was short lived. 

Wasted