IGNORED

Derby County away match thread

Jerseybean

Just now, JAWS said:

Nope. Said it before when he was here & we (including N didn't utilise him through the middle after that top scoring season he had. Just didn't make sense. 

And then when he did get another chance he did well ie. Watford away, but for some reason it was short lived. 

Wasted 

NP 

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well, that was utter shit. Another game where we've looked better and not taken advantage only for the opposition to get the goal.

O'Leary is going to be made out to be to blame but we had almost every player between him and the ball there, too many players between the ball for him to be able to see and not a single one blocked the shot

Only clowns would blame Max for that goal 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

An absolute mint. Hence the signing of Armstrong and the lowering of my expectations. 

How much do you think they cost?

There are a lot of commenters on here already saying it's a failure if we don't make playoffs, so you'll forgive me for taking your first post that way. Meltdown season no matter what we do, it often feels.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Nope. Said it before when he was here & we (including N didn't utilise him through the middle after that top scoring season he had. Just didn't make sense. 

And then when he did get another chance he did well ie. Watford away, but for some reason it was short lived. 

Wasted 

His time had just run its course here, it happens 

We have moved on from the ‘we need to create more chances’ to ‘we need to finish those chances’ which is some kind of progress I suppose. Also look some way off from being able to bring home clean sheets, but not a game we should be losing at all.

Still a half to go, so fingers crossed we find our shooting boots. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Wasted 

He's also 33, and throughout his time at City he consistently missed chances too.

Just now, kidjupiter said:

He's also 33, and throughout his time at City he consistently missed chances 

I'd say he's a better option than Cornick or Wells if played through the middle 

Well we’re not particularly enjoying the physicality of Derby, to me that’s really the only advantage they have over us.

Pring up and down the left on his own again.

But why oh why are our throw ins so bad ???? Been asking this question for seasons now.

Got to believe that we will score here though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

His time had just run its course here, it happens 

Disagree. Only because we didn't utilise him correctly. He had an amazing season and for some reason after that we disregarded him as a central striker

Frustrating second half incoming. They’ll time waste. Armstrong can’t finish. I want my striker to score goals. Shame as he has so much going for him. 
Pring has nowhere to go as Twine is so infield. Get Twine at 10 and Bird next to Knight or Williams. And some width will come. 

Why do we always struggle against these dog shit teams. 

Edited by Jose

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Played well, couple of massive misses.

As for Derby, the sort of side that if you score first again things can become so much easier. You concede first however...well Derby funnel back into position very well, they defend their goal strongly etc.

Massive Attacks needed! 😀

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Got to say, having missed the first few games, these last couple have given me absolutely zero to get excited about Armstrong. Looks a Bas Savage level finisher from what I’ve seen. Please reassure me he’s better than that. 

Not in front of goal, everywhere else yes

A half of two halves really - il caveat my thoughts by saying the view down the front here is crap. Away ticketing at football is a joke, if you’re going to enforce people sit in their seats, let them pick their damn seats FFS.

first 20 we were pretty good, final ball / finish missing.

then a combination of derby fans waking up, ours falling asleep and then getting more into the game and they get a goal.

Sat right behind that shot and no idea how it’s got through so many red shirts to be honest, but hesitant to blame Max must have seen it late - and he was in credit for the one on one save just prior.

From what I can see (not a lot) our left side is suffering like England did in the summer. Twine isn’t a winger (despite the badly worded song) and he’s going very central ala Foden. Good when it worked early on, not so good now. That right back won’t have an easier afternoon all season if this carries on.

Pring getting forward but turns back every time the RB engages, never takes him on and no one is running ahead in the channel.

I was really hopeful after 10-15 minutes but we’ve fallen apart quite dramatically, Knight seems to be having a bit of a stinker (again from the little I can see) and our back 2 looking shaky. Vyner been done a few times, he’s not the same alongside Naismith as he is Dickie.

And as for Naismith less said the better. I liked him when we didn’t have many players comfortable on the ball, now he’s a weak link.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Created enough excellent chances to be out of sight. SA sadly had both chances on his weaker left foot but ST should have buried his.

Our throw ins are bloody awful and Naismith frightens me to death when he plays the casual pass.

We're going to get more chances but need to clinical in the box.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I don't know why he's started today over Roberts, I think Hayden's a much better defender.  Poor IMO we should be taking max points at Derby.

It's not over yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Frustrating second half incoming. They’ll time waste. Armstrong can’t finish. I want my striker to score goals. Shame as he has so much going for him. 
Pring has nowhere to go as Twine is so infield. Get Twine at 10 and Bird next to Knight or Williams. And some width will come. 

Why do we always struggle against these god shit teams. 

Agree take Williams off play bird and knight CM, Twine where he should be. Move Armstrong to LW, Fally CF. Yu for Sykes.

• Like 2

Just now, BCFC31 said:

Same old story all well and good looking neat and tidy but we look powder puff armstrong isn't a striker btw lookd awful infront of goal.

Everyone keeps saying this but if you look at those chances he missed, who else in our squad has the power and the pace to get into those positions? I agree that his finishing isn't as clinical as it needs to be and Mayulu may put those chances in the net but he's not as strong and fast to get into them in the first place so his finishing becomes moot when the chances only come with Armstrong.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Mayulu for Armstrong is the obvious change for me.

Armstrong been causing them all sorts of problems, being wrestled every time the ball goes near him. A penalty / foul waiting to happen IMO I’d keep him on if he’s ok fitness wise

• Like 1

I'm just a supporter., and your the coach?..........but LM, might it Not be an idea to swap your preferences?    Fally is more of a fox in the box, and is more likely to fashion a goal out of nothing......whereas Armstrong is all about power and pace, which i would suggest would be more effective against a tiring opposition defence in the second half?  As the defenders against us are beginning to be stretched, surely that is the time to introduce the strength and strong running of Armstrong........................worth a try in the future.........because too many first half chances are being squandered, regularly?

Too many chances gone begging again, Twine should have scored, just put yer laces through it.

Armstrong needs to calm down in front of goal, he does everything right then fluffs it. It'll come but I hope he hurries up !

Defence looks a bit shaky without Dickie which is a concern.

Naismith got away with giving them a 2-0 lead, sorry to say but sometimes he's just a liability at the back, a weak link.

Throw ins are abysmal, take too long and are parks standard.

Really need to regroup and get their game going again, can win this comfortably if so.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Mayulu for Armstrong is the obvious change for me.

That's a lazy sub in all honesty it needs more than that!

Put players in their favoured (best) positions, twine 10, bird move back to replace Williams, since out wide, fally up top.

And replace calamity with the new bloke

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

No changes

So predictable. He only ever makes a double sub on 60 mins. 

Just now, frenchred said:

That's a lazy sub in all honesty it needs more than that!

Put players in their favoured (best) positions, twine 10, bird move back to replace Williams, since out wide, fally up top.

And replace calamity with the new bloke

Why on why chase twine all summer and play him left wing. Bonkers! Bird was best 6 in League 1! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I don't know why he's started today over Roberts, I think Hayden's a much better defender.  Poor IMO we should be taking max points at Derby.

So should Boro yet they completely outplayed Derby but lost 1-0.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Same old story all well and good looking neat and tidy but we look powder puff armstrong isn't a striker btw looks awful infront of goal.

He stats proved that so why are we relying on him as our one & only striker! Either play him & Fally or just Fally. The worry is Wells & Cornick are the back up.

Another striker was needed in the window in my book

19 minutes ago, kidjupiter said:

He's also 33, and throughout his time at City he consistently missed chances too.

ALL strikers miss chances, one of the worse was Andy Cole. As long as they are getting chances one will go in.