IGNORED

Derby County away match thread

Jerseybean

Well, it’s a cold shower of a sense check this one. Can always lose however well you play of course, but second half we have just got overrun. Did not expect that. Have to get some steel in to our defensive shape quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

In fairness, this is a pretty accurate summary of how it feels to support City 😂

Yea and trust me, tomorrow I get calm and I talk to myself in my head, "Eh, just 4 games, 5 points ain't that bad, we can make it with some luck and better teamwork". Till next week...and repeat. But usually in February everything is concluded and I lost my drive totally and I just start to check the scores if we are safe from relegation and far from playoffs.

I don't learn my lesson, it is been like that for 17 years already, even if I have never been to Bristol, I am still here. My web browser is full of news about Bristol City. My dad says I am crazy to be a fan of a team from the lower divisions in England. He said, "at least you could support Liverpool or something else haha".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 3

2 minutes ago, !james said:

How does one manage a paper bag?

You bring him on when we’re 2-0 down and hope he’ll sort things out. 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yu looks sharp 

Just need to get through the game without getting injured because that’d be the icing. 

Edited by Fordy62

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

Yea and trust me, tomorrow I get calm and I talk to myself in my head, "Eh, just 4 games, 5 points ain't that bad, we can make it with some luck and better teamwork". Till next week...and repeat. But usually in February everything is concluded and I lost my drive totally and I just start to check the scores if we are safe from relegation and far from playoffs.

I don't learn my lesson, it is been like that for 17 years already, even if I have never been to Bristol, I am still here. My web browser is full of news about Bristol City. My dad says I am crazy to be a fan of a team from the lower divisions in England. He said, "at least you could support Liverpool or something else haha".

I accepted long ago that this club is never going to amount to anything; I just treat it as something to do on a Saturday these days, plus a topic to talk about with friends and colleagues. It’s nice when we win but there’s no point in getting too invested.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Well, it’s a cold shower of a sense check this one. Can always lose however well you play of course, but second half we have just got overrun. Did not expect that. Have to get some steel in to our defensive shape quickly.

Considering it happened against Coventry twice and hull it's not a suprise at all,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

There is only one other option , Oxfords 7th choice 

Or believe it or not there’s other formations. Or play Bird in his actual position .Every change Manning makes is too late and like for like. 

• Like 1

If he's not careful players will start to get disillusioned & rightly so. Players like Roberts who was great end if last season & shouldve started ahead of naismith on the evidence of naismith's performances at CB. Fally who must think he's the no.9 back up even though he's scored more than Armstrong. McGuane big early but surely today must question why not introduced. Twine not in his natural position. 

To me the jury is massively out & we're doing OK because the base uncoached quality is there.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Considering it happened against Coventry twice and hull it's not a suprise at all,

And Millwall.

The exception with the latter is we somehow rescued it last 15.

well 3-0 and it could easiy have been 6. Sorry, yes we can lose games, we are bound to. But today, against a very very average Derby squad, we have been totally out played. Theyhave done a number on us and found huge holes in our approach and set up. Manning has had lots of time on the training ground, been given all the players and some he wanted, but that performance, not the result, is sub standard. This is down to Manning and his inability at this level. 

• Like 5

Our forwards can press, why can’t our defenders? Reminds me of the days when we played with Smith and Gavin on the wings - when it came off it was great but the rest of the time we were just bullied.

Seems to me that we start with a shape and strategy, but if that doesn’t work, we’ve had it, never a plan B I’m afraid.

On the positive side, once he has more time with the players on the grass plus a pre-season, we will come good 😎

• Hmmm 1

I can understand Mcnally not starting, but why are we playing midfielders out of position, why do we wait for the game to be lost to make changes and why do we only have plan A

Not good enough

• Like 2

Absolute rubbish.

For all the “we’ve had a great window” stuff, we’re starting with a centre forward who runs his socks off but can’t finish to save his life & a side that looks totally devoid of goals.

Lots of pretty passing that goes absolutely nowhere.

If it wasn’t for Max we’d have lost by 5.

• Like 5

might be the worst we've played and the worst we've been tactically since the infamous Birmingham away game. Absolutely woeful in every single department. 

If we play with a 4 we need a pivot player away from home. 

If we play with a 3 we can carry the two 8's.

Better learn up fast Liam, my guy. 

• Like 1