IGNORED

Derby County away match thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, RedReg said:

Manning out

Ridiculous that people are calling for Manning’s head already. 

Give him £50m more to spend and a new contract and then call for his head FFS. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 12
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

I did say in the summer give Manning 10 games. Then if we are not in the the top 10, he goes. But what is really need is that some rich American or anybody takes pity on us and buys the club. It is our only hope.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That Manning needs to sort it out!

That said, I thought we were taking Derby a bit lightly as fans, tricky but winnable I thought. This is dreadful however, post half time.

It was until we let them score.

Game over for me then against a Warne side tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, 2015 said:

This Derby side is absolutely awful as well and this isn't being bitter either, player for player we're better

Plays to its strengths though & has more points than us.

• Like 3

We really are a bit sh*t aren’t we. 

Losing dickie is a huge blow as Naismith should be nowhere near starting as a defender for us and is a huge downgrade, hopefully Mcnally can hit the ground running and not get injured…..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, !james said:

Manning out

Lansdown out

Tinnion out

Subs before 60 mins

Armstrong is useless……in front of goal

Max is league one level…….no one has said that for a while. 

other than that pretty spot on 

Did I miss anything?

1 minute ago, !james said:

Manning out

Lansdown out

Tinnion out

Subs before 60 mins

Armstrong is useless 

Max is league one level

Did I miss anything?

Appreciate the sarcasm but what have you actually got to say? This thread is literally the match day thread, and that was as bad as you could wish to see. 

• Like 1

Just now, BetterRedthanBlue said:

One of the best defences in the league last season to this... what has happened to them.

Open style - and only that style.

No Plan B - as Oxford warned us. Need to see how they react to today.

• Like 2

Just now, Roadrunner said:

I did say in the summer give Manning 10 games. Then if we are not in the the top 10, he goes. But what is really need is that some rich American or anybody takes pity on us and buys the club. It is our only hope.

That wouldn't change anything, the Lansdown family is putting in the maximum allowed under FFP.

• Like 3

5 points from 4 games, exactly the same as last year. Except these 5 points have cost a manager his job and we've spent a large chunk of the Scott money. Happy days in the board room.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, !james said:

Manning out

Lansdown out

Tinnion out

Subs before 60 mins

Armstrong is useless 

Max is league one level

Did I miss anything?

Im his biggest critic, but point 6 isn’t a good one. The rest seem reasonable mind. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Appreciate the sarcasm but what have you actually got to say? This thread is literally the match day thread, and that was as bad as you could wish to see. 

Oh yes it's bad but the overreaction in this thread is hilarious. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

5 points from 4 games, exactly the same as last year. Except these 5 points have cost a manager his job and we've spent a large chunk of the Scott money. Happy days in the board room.

Against pretty poor teams in my book too. 

• Like 1

Well at the risk of being called a bed wetter that was funking awful. Last 20 mins of the 1st half we were gifting them space and time and yet at half time no changes. In some way I wish we'd been shit from the start, but to capitulate in that fashion to a team as average as that is beyond embarrassing. That is on the coach. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ridiculous that people are calling for Manning’s head already. 

Give him £50m more to spend and a new contract and then call for his head FFS. 

Yep, that’s what happened with the last chancer we had. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

It won't change much financially, maybe a bit more under FFP can be put in but not a huge amount more.

I think we have headroom.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

You know as well as I do that that won't be happening.

A defeat is a defeat - it happens.  But I am getting really really really ****** off with these programmed ******* sub on or about the 60th minute.   It’s so robotic and just shows a lack of ability to manage a game.  

• Like 15

Well I’m afraid that was poor.

We had no answer to the physicality of Derby and by then end they appeared to be superior in their fitness also.

It’s been said before but I don’t ever see much from LM to change the course of a game in match.

subs pretty much like for like although with Mehmeti and Yu we did keep a bit more width to try and vary the play but generally we just kept going trying to do the same thing that wasn’t working for the whole game.

we started brightly but very quickly Derby had our number.

Max our best performer today.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Shows how much we miss Dickie?

Only upside of today’s performance will be reading @Olé’s away match report, which should be suitably scathing, and dripping with sarcasm!

Don’t think he would have made much difference. We got out fought all over the pitch

That really was weak as piss. 

Well, that was very disappointing.

Few immediate thoughts:

If you don’t take your chances, you aren’t going to win football matches.

In the end we were fortunate it was only three

Please, please, please can we learn how to take a throw in, and how to defend from throw ins. It’s schoolboy stuff. I counted at least five occasions when we lost the ball from our throw and their second goal came from them having a throw in and having rehearsed what to with it!

• Like 2

Just now, pillred said:

There are 42 games left ffs.

but it's hard to be positive when one of the teams we should be easily beating have just tanked us 3-0, especially when we dominated the first half, had better opportunities and wasted them all.

A lot of people talking about attractive football and it looked great until we conceded but at that point we just kept trying the same thing over and over until half time. At that point Manning needs to understand they get 15 minutes with their coach who has been assessing the game, he sent his team out having sussed us out and we made no changes so the result was we got picked apart as we refused to adapt and change. 

Warne just schooled Manning in that second half, he identified our weaknesses, I clearly felt he said "takes shots from outside the box if you have to" because they did and it caused so many problems. Meanwhile we made no changes at all, not just subs but literally came out and did the same thing before the break as if Warne was going to do the same. Very poor planning from Manning which is a shame when he seemed to have found a style for us, the issue is the same as Pearsons undoing though, no back up plan, no ability to change on the fly. Where Pearson would struggle to deviate from counter football under Manning we seem to struggle to deviate from the passing patterns he's coaching. If your plan A fails then you need a good plan B, Warne had a plan B, we had nothing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

might be the worst we've played and the worst we've been tactically since the infamous Birmingham away game. Absolutely woeful in every single department. 

If we play with a 4 we need a pivot player away from home. 

If we play with a 3 we can carry the two 8's.

Better learn up fast Liam, my guy. 

Surely the 4-0 at Stoke in May?

Anyone get the feeling we’re just going to be stuck in this lower to mid table void for infinity 😂. No matter who we sign, who is managing, who owns the club and the plans they have, it’s always the same result come the end of may the majority of the time.

my first season was 92-93 and I believe we finished something like 15th that year in this league? 30 plus years later and that’s pretty much where we are now :laugh:.

Its pretty soul destroying this football thing sometimes!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenred said:

A defeat is a defeat - it happens.  But I am getting really really really ****** off with these programmed ******* sub on or about the 60th minute.   It’s so robotic and just shows a lack of ability to manage a game.  

Absolutely agreed, if a player is playing bad or strategically not matching the opposition you know they're on for atleast 60 minutes.

Don't think he would hook anyone after 20 minutes

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Had we equalised perhaps, but yeah vs a Warne side when you concede first it can be very difficult away from home.

Warne = experienced and successful manager who has achieved promotions and is straight-talking.

Manning = an inexperienced coach who has achieved no promotions and is prone to talking BS.

The problem is we spaffed the cash on someone like Manning in the past and then needed someone like Warne to get us out of that mess, only to go back to the previous model that didn’t work and put the club at risk off FFP sanctions. Brilliant!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

We really are a bit sh*t aren’t we. 

Losing dickie is a huge blow as Naismith should be nowhere near starting as a defender for us and is a huge downgrade, hopefully Mcnally can hit the ground running and not get injured…..

Can you honestly say that Naismith was the reason for that awful last hour performance? There were a lot more issues that had nothing to do with him.

Just now, Eddie Hitler said:

That wouldn't change anything, the Lansdown family is putting in the maximum allowed under FFP.

I don’t think there is any argument Manning has been backed. The question is whether SL is backing the right manager…as always.

Need some care as lots of new players, take time to click etc etc, but gut feel we have lots of interesting new players, but have stripped ourselves of old hairy experienced players who can organise the rest when it’s going a bit pair shaped. Our team is less than the sum of its parts. Will give it ten games, but first and foremost need to learn again to defend as a unit. At the risk of ‘going there’, NP would be head butting the lot of them after that.

Could always be an Everton fan I suppose.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Unfortunately always backing the wrong person 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Just now, Slack said:

Absolutely agreed, if a player is playing bad or strategically not matching the opposition you know they're on for atleast 60 minutes.

Don't think he would hook anyone after 20 minutes

It happens regardless of how we are doing in the game. It’s a shit show mate and been going on far too long now. 

• Like 1

Horrific game and could have been much worse if not for Max who had a great game, that double save was brilliant.

Earlier season optimism destroyed, theres some comfort in familiarity I suppose.

I await with great ennui the post match interview from Manning.

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Can you honestly say that Naismith was the reason for that awful last hour performance? There were a lot more issues that had nothing to do with him.

Absolutely not. I can’t think of one player out there today who came out of that with any credit 

Bunch of gutless pussies 

• Like 1