IGNORED

Clapping an opponents goal.

The turtle

13 minutes ago, roadyred said:

I came here for this. I seem to remember most clapping the Cisse goal. I don’t think so much that it was spectacular but it was the most dominant performances for 60 mins I’d ever seen. Absolute men against boys. Seem to recall Jimmy Kebe was unplayable that day and we could have been 8-0 down at half time. Reading had just been relegated so had a formidable team, and ours had lost the playoff final and never recovered. 

Here’s the goal if anyone is interested. Just before 2 mins. Sent LJ for a hot dog. 

• Haha 1

I remember getting our pants well and truly taken down and spanked by Ajax a few years ago in a pre season friendly. They had Suarez and Vertongen and a certain Evander Sno playing for them in central midfield who was so technically gifted we just couldn't get the ball off him. Suffice to say their goals, all 5, were roundly clapped. Sno was so impressed with the reaction that he came on loan only for GJ to play him out of position out wide, astonishing!

It was truly a pleasure to witness it.

I also remember Glen Hoddle's Swindle with Micky Hazard wiping the floor with us at Ashton Gate with their continual movement & whilst there wasn't exactly the same appreciation there was begrudging respect.

• Like 1

Ruud Gullit in a friendly v Chelsea. Played deep (late in his career) but sprayed 50 yard passes straight to team mates all over the pitch like it was the easiest thing in the world. Class. And I think he got an ovation….or have I just dreamt all that?