IGNORED

Utter disgrace Manning (LJ) - you’ve been backed and you serve up that?

• The title was changed to Utter disgrace Manning (LJ) - you’ve been backed and you serve up that?
1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s a young manager learning the ropes with us but if we could all see that needed changing at half time and he couldn’t then it is a hell of a worry,when it’s going well everything is easy but he literally looks lost when making substitutes and when to make them 

It’s a big worry. I’ve met the guy and I like him, but I do worry he’s out of his depth at times. Strang decisions again today. He’s overcomplicating it. The fans never warmed to him after the Nige sacking and if he doesn’t get this to click he’s under massive pressure. 

There’s no point using the second person pronoun, Manning wont read your post and doesn’t care anyway.

So good in the first half last week, so weak in the second half today. Nothing has really changed, despite all the optimism. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Five points from 4 games, exactly the same as his predecessor except that he has been backed heavily and had a slightly easier set of fixtures.

Yep, only 42 games left now..

Just now, Wanderingred said:

There’s no point using the second person pronoun, Manning wont read your post and doesn’t care anyway.

So good in the first half last week, so weak in the second half today. Nothing has really changed, despite all the optimism. 

So what is he doing at HT? Challenge is he never blames himself or is constructive. When Piercy questioned him on second half performances he got very defensive. 

Just now, EmersonsKev said:

11th place incoming! 

Well we are back in 13th so at least standard! 

2 minutes ago, PortInTheMorning said:

"Start by playing your number 10 you chased for 3 months in his number 10 role. Play Bird as a 6, drop Williams or Knight, one or other, start Yu and Armstrong wide and Fally in the middle. Stop pushing our left back forward as a left winger, it’s clear teams are targeting us here, come on, you’ve got a strong squad here and we should not be being thrashed at newly promoted sides!"

Agree with most of this

I am not wrong! 

• Like 1

After the first 20 minutes City looked like a miscellaneous selection of random players running around in random positions. Manning didn’t have a clue about how to react and change things as Derby began to come into the game. 

• Like 3

It’s been pretty obvious for a while. The squad clear out and transfer revenue Manning’s predecessor delivered made this season the season when City should be pressing for promotion. It’s too early to say if we will or not. But if we do not, the board should take responsibility for their decisions and go. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Five points from 4 games, exactly the same as his predecessor except that he has been backed heavily and had a slightly easier set of fixtures.

After we conceded it was utterly awful. 

We missed five decent chances before then. 

Fell apart like they did for fifty minutes against Millwall. 

We were completely out muscled in midfield, because we are lightweight with only Williams prepared to tackle. 

We are not resilient and today didn’t look like scoring despite the chances. 

Like for like changes. When we needed a goal but a refusal to play Mayulu and Sinclair 

Manning owns that one for sure!!

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm not Manning out by any means but it was a total joke he came in last season and focused on trying to improve our already great defence. One whole summer of him and its gone to total shit at the back.

The whole mantra from him and Tinnion was we have the 4th best defence, so let’s sort the forward line and we will click. We’ve literally changed the way we defend! Why? It was solid! So frustrated but after close to 40 years of it I don’t know why I’m surprised! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

At least under lj the football was at a level not seen for yonks.... 

For a time.

His final season at his highest budget was just awful and there was some fairly turgid stuff in the first few months of 2018-19 and for periods of 2016-17.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It’s a big worry. I’ve met the guy and I like him, but I do worry he’s out of his depth at times. Strang decisions again today. He’s overcomplicating it. The fans never warmed to him after the Nige sacking and if he doesn’t get this to click he’s under massive pressure. 

What big Nige has to do with anything I don’t know,if we win games then it doesn’t matter who is in charge and let’s not start the myth that he got all decisions right 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s a young manager learning the ropes with us but if we could all see that needed changing at half time and he couldn’t then it is a hell of a worry,when it’s going well everything is easy but he literally looks lost when making substitutes and when to make them 

How the hell could we dump the last guy after starving him of cash to tell everyone fron foot blah blah new ideas blah blah chuck money at him and now we are saying young manager learning the ropes. 

We have taken a lot of risks. Today Manning et al can own it. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

Gotta love this place.

Knee jerk in the extreme.

Should have been 2-0 up and out of sight.

Have started the season well, with most issues stemming from individual mistakes. The first 2 Derby goals were poor, and yes, Manning should take some responsibility, but that was down to individuals not doing the basics.

I'm not saying Manning is exempt from criticism, but a little sense of realism from the negative posters on here, wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 1

I thought the players let everyone down today.

Naismith was poor

Pring is terrible

Twine was moaning at everything

Bird trying to do flicks all the time

Armstrong out-muscled

Sykes not direct enough

Vyner lost his head

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Lack of leadership on the pitch mirrors what happens off the pitch.

Always said it. A teams personality will always be a reflection of the manager’s personality 

We got a wet flannel for a manager - and seeing us out fought and bullied comes as absolutely no surprise 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 3

Just now, grifty said:

I thought the players let everyone down today.

Naismith was poor

Pring is terrible

Twine was moaning at everything

Bird trying to do flicks all the time

Armstrong out-muscled

Sykes not direct enough

Vyner lost his head

After we went 1.0 down we looked disjointed and heads dropped. But the second half, it was like we were a non league outfit, certainly at the back. I could not believe what I was seeing. Worst we’ve been for some time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

How the hell could we dump the last guy after starving him of cash to tell everyone fron foot blah blah new ideas blah blah chuck money at him and now we are saying young manager learning the ropes. 

We have taken a lot of risks. Today Manning et al can own it. 

Correct in your last sentence but 1 defeat and my criticism of his tactics and substitutions(if you read above)doesn’t mean he should be bloody sacked,hopefully he learns 

I think he got every in game decision wrong today; second half it was crying out for a change in shape. We either needed to go three at the back or play with a pivot in midfield. He took the wrong players off, I thought Knight was shocking, Can't for the life of me understand taking Twine off in the 81st minute. Tanner and Sykes as a combo gives me nightmares.

Derby won 3-0, hit the woodwork and Max made 3 or 4 top class saves. And they barely had to work for it; just played really basic, tactically adept second tier football. (Granted I'd not like to watch a Paul Warne side week in week out). That's the biggest worry; Derby weren't great and absolutely battered us. 

What a rubbish day. 

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

We take a couple of our good chances  at the start and we probably win. That’s the concern for me at the moment; every game this season you could argue we should’ve killed off before the Opposition came back into it.

Then why are we betting the house on a striker that has scored 3 in 63 matches ? He's not going to suddenly become a 15/20 goal striker.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

So what is he doing at HT? Challenge is he never blames himself or is constructive. When Piercy questioned him on second half performances he got very defensive. 

Well we are back in 13th so at least standard! 

I am not wrong! 

Bird was awful today in the 10 - Bird and Twine kept running into each other!

Thought Mehmeti looked decent when he came on.

But as you said: should be Knight and Bird or Williams as 6. I'd personally keep Armstrong up front and play Mehmeti on the left...probably not a popular opinion though.

3 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Gotta love this place.

Have started the season well, with most issues stemming from individual mistakes. The first 2 Derby goals were poor, and yes, Manning should take some responsibility, but that was down to individuals not doing the basics.

I'm not saying Manning is exempt from criticism, but a little sense of realism from the negative posters on here, wouldn't go amiss.

But it ended up 3-0 and should have been more? Quite a difference mate

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Gotta love this place.

We were not two nil and out of sight because we spent millions on a bloke who has scored 3 goals up to this season. Just totally idiotic borderline arrogant to have him as our main striker. That's on Manning , Tinnion and Lansdown.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Gotta love this place.

I disagree - I think it’s been a below average start 

One win and that was almost a capitulation 

This manager has been backed to the hilt and I’ve not seen anything to suggest we will finish any higher then last season

Certain players are really regressing under Manning to 

• Like 3

I’ll caveat this with I’m not Manning out. And I suspect a few who are won’t be tomorrow, people are rightly angry this afternoon after that shower of **** we just paid to watch.

But the Club couldn’t really sack him if they wanted to. They threw a 3.5 year contract his way, so would have to cough up 2.5 years salary to him and Hogg. After a pricey summer, not really an option. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

But it ended up 3-0 and should have been more? Quite a difference mate

We lost the plot - not going to pretend that.

But we take our chances in the first 20 mins and it is a completely different game.

The concern for me was how we capitulated in that 20 mins spell when they added their 2nd goal. That is not acceptable, but I still put it on the players today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sure but I'm just saying LJ final season for the money spent, was often an incoherent mess.

2017-18 was magic in a bottle for a few months especially, best I've seen from us.

Yeh agree with first bit but sometimes you got to be careful what you wish for....... 

13 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

At least under lj the football was at a level not seen for yonks.... 

*for his first two seasons in charge.

Then he thought he was Mourinho after the cup run and it all went tits up as he though he could tactically outthink the opposition.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sure but I'm just saying LJ final season for the money spent, was often an incoherent mess.

2017-18 was magic in a bottle for a few months especially, best I've seen from us.

Yep top at Christmas, we were ******* brilliant early that season 

• Like 1

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I've said this a million times, we should not be a training ground for people to learn on the job. I wish this club had a bit more self respect and actually treat the managers job at this fine club with the respect it deserves. 

I agree but you wouldn’t get proven managers down here with the owners and little tinnion showing them about 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We are all fuming at that limp wristed performance tbh but to bring up Pearson and then LJ,just let it go let it go :laugh:

Not gonna happen. The board martyrd Pearson by the way they sacked him.

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

I wasnt there today and am by no means a happy Clapper but let's see where we are after 10 games. 

There are a lot of new signings and it will take time to gel.

I expect top 10 minimum with a proper play off challenge so thats the standard for me. 

Obviously results like today wont get us there but let's not knee jerk only 4 games in. 

8 minutes ago, PortInTheMorning said:

Bird was awful today in the 10 - Bird and Twine kept running into each other!

Thought Mehmeti looked decent when he came on.

But as you said: should be Knight and Bird or Williams as 6. I'd personally keep Armstrong up front and play Mehmeti on the left...probably not a popular opinion though.

Yes Mehmeti on the left, he goes forward and try.

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Yep top at Christmas, we were ******* brilliant early that season 

2nd on Boxing Day, and who knows had we beaten Wolves.

Confidence would've gone through the roof and dragged them right back into the increasing scrap- could see how much that win meant to them, how hard earned and vital by their celebrations at the end. We should've IMO made the playoffs that year from where we were a Goal and man up v Wolves.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

With respect to comments regarding crap second halves etc this is actually a common theme since manning arrived so I do think it has validity when people are very concerned now.

It’s not just a couple of games and I don’t think he should have a free pass for last seasons half season of turgid sh*t and should not be dismissed out of hand.

The pre mediated 60 minute like for like subs has also been a recurring theme right out of the Southgate coaching manual.

If after ten games there’s no real improvement or consistency then I think there is a debate to be had and a decision to be made, not that I think it will come to that with our leadership 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’ll caveat this with I’m not Manning out. And I suspect a few who are won’t be tomorrow, people are rightly angry this afternoon after that shower of **** we just paid to watch.

But the Club couldn’t really sack him if they wanted to. They threw a 3.5 year contract his way, so would have to cough up 2.5 years salary to him and Hogg. After a pricey summer, not really an option. 

For me it’s not about Manning. The board should have seen that the club had great potential last season. The squad clear out had been achieved, there was money from the sale of academy players bought through the first team by a talented bunch of coaches. The board decided that they wanted to gamble that good position on a young manager rather than sticking to their previous plan. That gamble pays off, the board are heroes. But if that gamble fails the board have squandered three years of hard work seemingly for no better reason than a personal vendetta. I suggest if Manning does not get the club into the playoffs, this season, the board should go. I accept they are probably too spineless to take responsibility, but that is clearly where responsibility rests. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Correct in your last sentence but 1 defeat and my criticism of his tactics and substitutions(if you read above)doesn’t mean he should be bloody sacked,hopefully he learns 

Did someone say he should be “bloody sacked”. Not me. But he owns that. Didn’t change a bloody thing, like for changes at the same time

Throws Yu on for seven minutes, refuses to look for a goal in a different way. 

I can see that’s learning the game if you’re 19 managing the dog n duck. But this fella is a top coach? Not a kid learning! He wants to win one way, his way. Those making LJ comparisons are not far off. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

We lost the plot - not going to pretend that.

But we take our chances in the first 20 mins and it is a completely different game.

The concern for me was how we capitulated in that 20 mins spell when they added their 2nd goal. That is not acceptable, but I still put it on the players today. 

We seem quite a fragile side. Again I don’t see where the leaders are? Dickie is one and is a miss but some of the others? They go hiding. Knight has been poor this season and whilst I am not a Williams fan he deserves to start over Jason at present. Albeit neither for me are strong enough defensively. Oh for Matty James. 

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Did someone say he should be “bloody sacked”. Not me. But he owns that. Didn’t change a bloody thing, like for changes at the same time

Throws Yu on for seven minutes, refuses to look for a goal in a different way. 

I can see that’s learning the game if you’re 19 managing the dog n duck. But this fella is a top coach? Not a kid learning! He wants to win one way, his way. Those making LJ comparisons are not far off. 

Totally deserves what we got today Manning. That defeat is down to his selection, tactics and in game management. Stand up and take it on the chin and don’t throw the players under the bus. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We seem quite a fragile side. Again I don’t see where the leaders are? Dickie is one and is a miss but some of the others? They go hiding. Knight has been poor this season and whilst I am not a Williams fan he deserves to start over Jason at present. Albeit neither for me are strong enough defensively. Oh for Matty James. 

Totally deserves what we got today Manning. That defeat is down to his selection, tactics and in game management. Stand up and take it on the chin and don’t throw the players under the bus. 

I don’t give out a lot of Spot Ons. But Spot On!

I didn’t see that coming. Loosing 3:0 is a poor result whoever you play but especially against a team that will most probably finish in the bottom half of the table. 
let’s hope it was a bad day at the office and a wake up call!

5 minutes ago, Capman said:

For me it’s not about Manning. The board should have seen that the club had great potential last season. The squad clear out had been achieved, there was money from the sale of academy players bought through the first team by a talented bunch of coaches. The board decided that they wanted to gamble that good position on a young manager rather than sticking to their previous plan. That gamble pays off, the board are heroes. But if that gamble fails the board have squandered three years of hard work seemingly for no better reason than a personal vendetta. I suggest if Manning does not get the club into the playoffs, this season, the board should go. I accept they are probably too spineless to take responsibility, but that is clearly where responsibility rests. 

No arguments from me. I’ve had no good will for the ownership of this club for some time now.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Players more at blame than Manning today for me, yes I would have made subs earlier but the desire to win second balls and having the composure to finish is something you’d expect from professional footballers at a minimum. Not saying he’s not at fault but I still think we played good football in spells and the players let him down today

• Like 1

Far, far too early to read too much into one result but today was utterly unacceptable.

The manager has been backed with the squad he wants and has to be under pressure to deliver. I am certainly not going to panic about the first defeat of the season but we need to significantly improve on today. And quickly.

• Like 2