IGNORED

Wake Up Call

Numero Uno

Going off that performance we are no where near a top 6 side. We always struggle against the big physical sides who win there 1st and 2nd balls hunt for the ball and defend in packs, we let them suck us into there game today fair play to the there manager done a terrific job on us.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would like to see how the likes of Ian Gay, Rob Skeates and he who shall not be named try and spin this one.

Today was crap and needs to be called out as such.

One of the points I'm making is that we aren't a top 6 squad ANYWAY regardless of the expectations from some fans. We are a lot of hard work away from being near it whatever people think about the money spent. Performances like today put it in red bold capitals. My view is we will see a lot of ups and downs but not much in the way of consistency, results wise, for a good while. If Liam wins the next 6 or even 4 of the next 6 people are free to tell me I got it wrong...................

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Going off that performance we are no where near a top 6 side. We always struggle against the big physical sides who win there 1st and 2nd balls hunt for the ball and defend in packs, we let them suck us into there game today fair play to the there manager done a terrific job on us.

Score first very different game tbh but I get that, the collapse was really worrying.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Today was crap and needs to be called out as such.

One of the points I'm making is that we aren't a top 6 squad ANYWAY regardless of the expectations from some fans. We are a lot of hard work away from being near it whatever people think about the money spent. Performances like today put it in red bold capitals. My view is we will see a lot of ups and downs but not much in the way of consistency, results wise, for a good while. If Liam wins the next 6 or even 4 of the next 6 people are free to tell me I got it wrong...................

Yes agreed.

Part of me is thinking top 10, but not after today and that was contingent on the O'Leary; Vyner-Dickie..Knight too maybe structurally.

Take Dickie out and the whole dynamic can change.

3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Couldn’t agree more, they made it a scrappy game which they were always going to win. Thought we played some nice football at times but pointless when we don’t take those chances

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes agreed.

Part of me is thinking top 10, but not after today and that was contingent on the O'Leary; Vyner-Dickie..Knight too maybe structurally.

I'm not going to predict where we finish because my view of what will happen is it will take us three or four months to pull together any type of consistency in the way we play and there are a lot of variables in terms of how many points we scramble together in that period and how strong we finish. I do expect to see us tighten up a bit and consign these poor second half performances to the now and again dustbin not the every sodding week one!! Scoring goals when we are on top is the difficult one to solve because we are a bit raw up top and that's why I think it will take a few months to sort us out with very frustrating highs and lows in between.

Whether that's good enough is a matter for each fan individually but I reckon that's where we are travelling.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Couldn’t agree more, they made it a scrappy game which they were always going to win. Thought we played some nice football at times but pointless when we don’t take those chances

Not really good enough. We should be capable of standing up to it and imposing some of our own. You appear to have just accepted a loss??

Of course take a chance or 2 at 0-0, as we perhaps should, and it's a different game.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes agreed.

We have to finish top ten and no excuses. Last year we were 11th and we have spent heavily. 11th or below has to be significantly short of expectations. One player injured should not cause a collapse on this scale nor provide any excuse whatsoever for that happening.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

We have to finish top ten and no excuses. Last year we were 11th and we have spent heavily. 11th or below has to be significantly short of expectations. One player injured should not cause a collapse on this scale and provide any other excuse whatsoever for that happening.

This is it. Bare minimum is improvement in last year, that’s why we changed manager and we’ve had a summer to improve the squad. You don’t bring in as many players as we have with so few leaving, to just stay the same.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would like to see how the likes of Ian Gay, Rob Skeates and he who shall not be named try and spin this game today and possibly some of the patterns.

Matt Withers too, who claimed last week we were playing the “best football in years” & he was enjoying it more than in the previous era.

I have watched us a very long time but can definitely remember performances last season (Plymouth) the year before (Cardiff, Preston & Blackburn away) easily as good.

Today was crap, wonder if he’ll say so?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Matt Withers too, who claimed last week we were playing the “best football in years” & he was enjoying it more than in the previous era.

I have watched us a very long time but can definitely remember performances last season (Plymouth) the year before (Cardiff, Preston & Blackburn away) easily as good.

Matt Withers, yes well remembered. His piece Monday will be interesting.

There are a few who have a big (loud?) voice among our fan base, who aren't necessarily the best Reps unfortunately.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not really good enough. We should be capable of standing up to it and imposing some of our own. You appear to have just accepted a loss??

Of course take a chance or 2 at 0-0, as we perhaps should, and it's a different game.

Just because I pointed out it was a scrappy game doesn’t mean I’m happy. I was there today and the first 20 minutes we battered them, I’d even say there were a couple of really good 5 minute spells just after half time and just after Mehmeti (thought he did well today) and Fally came on where their keeper made some excellent saves. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

This is it. Bare minimum is improvement in last year, that’s why we changed manager and we’ve had a summer to improve the squad. You don’t bring in as many players as we have with so few leaving, to just stay the same.

I agree with that. However I’m not looking at a squad that will be around top 6 (that seems to be the expectation of quite a few tbh) all season. I can see a period of inconsistency around results for quite a while and where we finish will be determined by how the players have adapted to Liams methods by Christmas time. Finish well and a high placing is possible but that works both ways.

Today showed that the usual BCFC failings are not yet behind us imo.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree with that. However I’m not looking at a squad that will be around top 6 (that seems to be the expectation of quite a few tbh) all season. I can see a period of inconsistency around results for quite a while and where we finish will be determined by how the players have adapted to Liams methods by Christmas time. Finish well and a high placing is possible but that works both ways.

I’m sorry but for me that absolutely misses the point. We had a top half squad last season, built on a shoestring while sorting out the FFP problems left by Covid and the previous management. Not only had we turned that corner the sale of academy players had generated a very large income for the club. To say we have made huge changes to that squad, spent a significant chunk of the windfall but are not sure yet if we have got better or worse is breathtaking. If it turns out we have stood still or gone backwards heads much higher than Manning’s must roll. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

We have to finish top ten and no excuses. Last year we were 11th and we have spent heavily. 11th or below has to be significantly short of expectations. One player injured should not cause a collapse on this scale nor provide any excuse whatsoever for that happening.

I agree with @Davefevs on this that position in the table is not a good measure.

We could finish 11th, one or two points off the play-offs, and on a high number of points. 

We could finish 7th, nine points off the play-offs.

All depends on how the season pans out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capman said:

I’m sorry but for me that absolutely misses the point. We had a top half squad last season, built on a shoestring while sorting out the FFP problems left by Covid and the previous management. Not only had we turned that corner the sale of academy players had generated a very large income for the club. To say we have made huge changes to that squad, spent a significant chunk of the windfall but are not sure yet if we have got better or worse is breathtaking. If it turns out we have stood still or gone backwards heads much higher than Manning’s must roll. 

I’m not missing the point. We’ve brought players in, a few very raw, and are changing the style of football. I’ve said it will take a while before we see any consistency and I stand by that. Whether that translates into a significantly better league position this season or next is open to debate imo.

I never mentioned being a better or worse team. I would expect us to be better, obviously, the question is how quickly that materialises. Using words like breathtaking to describe my missing of the point when you are not comprehending my post is er……………breathtaking.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Interesting to read threads about top 6 being the minimum expectation plus a few of the usual suspects starting to believe "it's all coming together" and throwing their weight around the last couple of days proclaiming that we are lucky to have the Hierarchy, taking the piss out of certain posters blah blah blah.

I thought reading it all that Top 6 "expectation" is being a just a "bit" generous to the squad we have. The facts are we have a youngish squad, a lad up front who is clearly raw and is very much a lengthy work in progress, a manager who is inexperienced at the level and trying to completely change the way we play and, as a result of that, a number of concerning patterns emerging that I mentioned in another thread. If we needed a reminder that we aren't close to arriving just yet then today gave us a very clear message.

That second half was garbage today, just like the first 25 minutes of the second half at home to Millwall was garbage, the last 25 minutes at Hull was mediocre and the second half performance last week didn't match the first half. Generally we aren't scoring enough goals (bar one game) and we are obviously conceding too many (9 in 5 now). There is nothing we are doing that screams "top 6" right now and I think Liam has a number of things to "put right" before that even comes into the conversation.

Very much a wake-up call today.

Defensively we have been definitively awful thus far- 

It feels as though we've torn up the solid foundation laid & are in the process off pissing it up the wall.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I agree with @Davefevs on this that position in the table is not a good measure.

We could finish 11th, one or two points off the play-offs, and on a high number of points. 

This is true and ironically I made the exact same point in the “expectations” thread yesterday.

I suppose my point really is we cannot accept a backwards step this season. But I do agree that 12th and 3 points off the play-offs would be progress more so than 8th and 9 points off.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Defensively we have been definitively awful thus far- 

It feels as though we've torn up the solid foundation laid & are in the process off pissing it up the wall.

He’s obviously changing the style, we’ve dominated possession in every game, but there are clearly early issues currently. He’s got a couple of weeks now to sort a few things out. However we play we must return to being difficult to score against. The one thing he can’t control is players not burying chances they should do on a Saturday or Tuesday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Achieving league positions the last two managers haven't managed?

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm confused... Is position in the table something to measure by or not...? 

22/23, we finished 14th and 10 points off the playoffs. Last season we finished 11th under Manning and 11 points off. 

Consistency is key....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

This is true and ironically I made the exact same point in the “expectations” thread yesterday.

I suppose my point really is we cannot accept a backwards step this season. But I do agree that 12th and 3 points off the play-offs would be progress more so than 8th and 9 points off.

Agree with that, mate. I could see the top 5-12 being very tight this season. But let's see. 

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Matt Withers, yes well remembered. His piece Monday will be interesting.

There are a few who have a big (loud?) voice among our fan base, who aren't necessarily the best Reps unfortunately.

Super fans who can never see anything wrong about Bristol City. They’d eat dog shit sandwiches in the Heineken lounge if the club served it on a red and white plate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Super fans who can never see anything wrong about Bristol City. They’d eat dog shit sandwiches in the Heineken lounge if the club served it on a red and white plate. 

…..and give it an 8/10 (season average 7.13).

• Haha 3

Imagine a fully fit squad and all playing to their full potential ,what line up would of been out there today? Atkinson,Dickie McCrorie would of given the management increased back line options.

If Armstrong was on the bench for the first half one on ones would Mayulu OR Wells scored?

Hull, Coventry and today their goalkeeper has made many fine saves OUR 5 POINTS COULD OF BEEN 10/12 

Over the last few seasons a team has got promoted or top 6 from a slow start and hopefully the break will see changes after todays result and will be the wake up call to improve performances for the whole game.

As good as it is having a strong bench and squad just hope we do not have too many clubs for the bag

• Robin 1

27 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I haven’t seen today’s game, and am therefore refraining from posting tonight until I watch the full 90 at midnight.  But I had to break my self-imposed posting “ban” and say how much I laughed out loud to this.  The friends I’m with think I’m being antisocial on my phone but now want to know what I’m laughing at. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I missed this, very well put. Plus funny.

I think of the 4, one is just a pillock full stop but yeah agreed.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, glynriley said:

As long as they cut the crusts off first

• Haha 1

He needs to sort problems in second half out sharpish. Feel like it happens basically every game now. That genuinely could’ve been 5-0 against a pretty crap side all things considered.

Subs, again far far too late. Fally was warming up with one of the medical team by himself at HT, doing proper drills and sprints at pace. Was clear as day it was to get him ready to come on. Then he sits down on the bench again? And low & behold, he only comes on when we concede again. 

9 goals conceded in 4 games, 1 win from the first 4, shouts of “international break coming at a good time”….certainly not good or what was expected was it. People will say “that’s what happens with no Dickie” as if we didn’t capitulate & concede 3 against Millwall with him in it. 

Worst thing for me, we lost every individual battle. Literally every 50/50 or physical battle went their way. We spent years trying to tip the balance in our favour with positive outcome on that. 

Two really big games back to back after the break now. Certainly need at least 1 win from them. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

FWIW my expectations aren’t based on the quality of the squad, partly because I didn’t know half of these players before we signed them.

From what I’ve seen before today, I was hopeful but you could make an argument for inexperienced players and gambling on “unknowns”

I was going to do my own post along the lines of “Reality check or bad day at the office”

I guess we need to re-assess in a couple of weeks, but very deflated after that today, particularly the second half (again).

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He needs to sort problems in second half out sharpish. Feel like it happens basically every game now. That genuinely could’ve been 5-0 against a pretty crap side all things considered.

Subs, again far far too late. Fally was warming up with one of the medical team by himself at HT, doing proper drills and sprints at pace. Was clear as day it was to get him ready to come on. Then he sits down on the bench again? And low & behold, he only comes on when we concede again. 

9 goals conceded in 4 games, 1 win from the first 4, shouts of “international break coming at a good time”….certainly not good or what was expected was it. People will say “that’s what happens with no Dickie” as if we didn’t capitulate & concede 3 against Millwall with him in it. 

Worst thing for me, we lost every individual battle. Literally every 50/50 or physical battle went their way. We spent years trying to tip the balance in our favour with positive outcome on that. 

Two really big games back to back after the break now. Certainly need at least 1 win from them. 

Oxford at home is a must win for Manning 

• Like 1

Huge wake up call which also confirmed two points

1- Naismith just can’t cut it at CB and fully expect McNally and Vyner to be the 1st choice pairing going forward 

2- We can’t play Twine on the left. He basically decided he was gonna do what he felt comfortable doing which was cutting inside every time . This left Pring totally unprotected . Twine should either play in a central position or not at all ! 

• Like 2

We have largely brought in, inexpierenced, in the Championship, players and manager, that in some eyes means we have a top 6 squad/team....no.

It does mean however this seasons hopes are built on just that hope and little else.

The manager is going to need a couple more months at least to even know his first team, buying 2nd class tickets wont get you a seat in first class.

So bring on another season of hope and little else....sorry round and around we go to....no-where.....we are already at our destination.

Edited by temp
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Bottom dwellers, drunk on the club wine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redhed123 said:

Oxford at home is a must win for Manning 

A lot of people will agree with you but it’s pretty bad when a match in September is a must win match for the manager 

• Like 1

Where do we start !!Armstrong won't score the necessary goals being fast and strong don't make you a footballer Fally whilst scoring 2good goals looks really nieve Twine overrated ,I hope im wrong but we are not going to score enough to even threaten the top six Get Mcnaully into the team asap Naismith whilst a good player is no defender Feel sorry for Pring got nowhere to go keeps getting forward only to pass it 30 yards back !! If Roberts can't get into that team ahead of Naismith he must still be carrying an injury Time to earn your money Liam

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Hi Graham, were you, Mr Populopodous and Graham 76 at the game today? What I said after the Coventry game was “Absolutely I was smiling and clapping at the end and long may it continue. I’ve watched too much boring football since the Steve Cotterill promotion side and I’m loving this at the moment.” 

Was I clapping today? No  

Did I want Nigel Pearson sacked? No but do I think some of the football under Nigel, Dean and Lee was boring? Absolutely I do. 

Do I think today was crap? Absolutely I do. It was dreadful after the first 20 minutes and getting home at 8:30pm having watched it did not make a great day. 

Will I be at Blackburn Rovers away? Yes I will because this is the team I’ve supported for nearly 50 years. Through lots of ups and downs. 

I will always call it how I see it. My opinion and it’s just that, my opinion. It’s no more right or wrong than any other City fan. Up until today the football this season has in the main been good and I’ve enjoyed it. You may not have. Today was anything but enjoyable. I rated the game a 3.5 out of 10 and the players mostly scored a 4. Mannings also got a 4. He has to make changes earlier and changes that are not like for like. I think he should be starting Twine as the 10 and I would try Armstrong wide. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Interesting to read threads about top 6 being the minimum expectation plus a few of the usual suspects starting to believe "it's all coming together" and throwing their weight around the last couple of days proclaiming that we are lucky to have the Hierarchy, taking the piss out of certain posters blah blah blah.

I thought reading it all that Top 6 "expectation" is being a just a "bit" generous to the squad we have. The facts are we have a youngish squad, a lad up front who is clearly raw and is very much a lengthy work in progress, a manager who is inexperienced at the level and trying to completely change the way we play and, as a result of that, a number of concerning patterns emerging that I mentioned in another thread. If we needed a reminder that we aren't close to arriving just yet then today gave us a very clear message.

That second half was garbage today, just like the first 25 minutes of the second half at home to Millwall was garbage, the last 25 minutes at Hull was mediocre and the second half performance last week didn't match the first half. Generally we aren't scoring enough goals (bar one game) and we are obviously conceding too many (9 in 5 now). There is nothing we are doing that screams "top 6" right now and I think Liam has a number of things to "put right" before that even comes into the conversation.

Very much a wake-up call today.

I’m not sure what throwing their weight around means. I do my posting on an iPhone. 

But the garbage after they scored and the total bollox v Millwall for 70 minutes I can get behind. 

10 hours ago, temp said:

round and around we go to....no-where.....we are already at our destination.

Captures it perfectly. Could almost be the club motto...printed on the back of the collar.

And if you accept that as a City fan the whole experience is a lot more enjoyable!

• Robin 1

8 hours ago, Wivs7 said:

Hi Graham, were you, Mr Populopodous and Graham 76 at the game today? What I said after the Coventry game was “Absolutely I was smiling and clapping at the end and long may it continue. I’ve watched too much boring football since the Steve Cotterill promotion side and I’m loving this at the moment.” 

Was I clapping today? No  

Did I want Nigel Pearson sacked? No but do I think some of the football under Nigel, Dean and Lee was boring? Absolutely I do. 

Do I think today was crap? Absolutely I do. It was dreadful after the first 20 minutes and getting home at 8:30pm having watched it did not make a great day. 

Will I be at Blackburn Rovers away? Yes I will because this is the team I’ve supported for nearly 50 years. Through lots of ups and downs. 

I will always call it how I see it. My opinion and it’s just that, my opinion. It’s no more right or wrong than any other City fan. Up until today the football this season has in the main been good and I’ve enjoyed it. You may not have. Today was anything but enjoyable. I rated the game a 3.5 out of 10 and the players mostly scored a 4. Mannings also got a 4. He has to make changes earlier and changes that are not like for like. I think he should be starting Twine as the 10 and I would try Armstrong wide. 

Fair enough for the reply.

Was I there today? No, don’t do away games & haven’t for many years.

Does that make me less of a fan? Don’t think so, if you did 44/46 in our first season in Division Four & all 46 the following one I reckon I might have earned that badge..

The football has been boring under all our managers at times (even GJ, the best since Dicks).

Do I think you are completely uncritical of our ownership, the man who appointed Tinnion, Holden & others out of their depth as managers & can’t cope with constructive challenge? Yep.

Like you I hope we do well, I just genuinely don’t believe it is any different or better than under our previous manager, just the money to spend has miraculously returned, can’t think why.

• Like 10

Sometimes i think that you need a cattle prod to wake up Manning he seems so expressionless during a match. I  would prefer him to show a bit more passion sometimes and shout and ball at the players to kick thier backsides.

We have a Mr Barrowclough when sometimes we need a Mr Mackay

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

He’s obviously changing the style, we’ve dominated possession in every game, but there are clearly early issues currently. He’s got a couple of weeks now to sort a few things out. However we play we must return to being difficult to score against. The one thing he can’t control is players not burying chances they should do on a Saturday or Tuesday.

If you sign a striker and play him upfront on his own, who is known not to score goals and finish chances who’s fault is it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Captures it perfectly. Could almost be the club motto...printed on the back of the collar.

And if you accept that as a City fan the whole experience is a lot more enjoyable!

Maybe something like “we aspire to compete, then will finish in the middle”?

100% to the second bit, someone I know who went yesterday said he had a great day, well apart from the bit between twenty past 3 & 5 O’Clock..

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jose said:

If you sign a striker and play him upfront on his own, who is known not to score goals and finish chances who’s fault is it? 

Great point.

Armstrong is a willing runner & certainly gives defenders a tough time, but he can’t finish to save his life.

If we are going to continue to set up with him up top on his own, the midfield (Twine, Knight, Sykes & Bird especially) are going to have to score consistently.

Just can’t see it.

FWIW I’d start Mayulu, far more likely to take those two chances at 0-0, different game then.

Edited by GrahamC

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Great point.

Armstrong is a willing runner & certainly gives defenders a tough time, but he can’t finish to save his life.

If we are going to continue to set up with him up top on his own, the midfield (Twine, Knight, Sykes & Bird especially) are going to have to score consistently.

Just can’t see it.

FWIW I’d start Mayulu, far more likely to take those two chances at 0-0, different game then.

The thing is would Fally have made those runs in the first place? He’s looked as bad as anyone the last couple of games he’s come on. The forward position was always my concern going into this season and at the moment ( let’s hope it changes) it’s looks a valid one. 

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

The thing is would Fally have made those runs in the first place? He’s looked as bad as anyone the last couple of games he’s come on. The forward position was always my concern going into this season and at the moment ( let’s hope it changes) it’s looks a valid one. 

Don’t know, what I do is that Armstrong looks very unlikely to score when he does.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Great point.

Just can’t see it.

Said at the time on OSIB, the overarching thing here is: there’s a reason why QPR were happy to sell, and were also happy to sell to a club in the same division. We’ve gotta take a lotta rough with the smooth..

• Like 2

I said to someone a couple or weeks back; we'll spend the season debating if we're better with Armstrong who creates more but the end product is poor or with Fally who'll be more peripheral but more clinical when the chances arrive.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t know, what I do is that Armstrong looks very unlikely to score when he does.

Certainly a conundrum. As you say there is not a hell of alot of scoring options behind him either. I honestly can’t believe we didn’t sort this in the summer. Twine will make a difference and I actually thought he was our most dangerous player in that first half. A good striker tucks one of the chances he created away yesterday. 

13 hours ago, petehinton said:

This is the real issue with the game at Derby. As a club, we had rid ourselves of that type of performance. Yes, in the past we have been second best, missing players through injury, tactically maybe wrong etc. However, we always managed to compete, which is the very minimum you need to create success. If we have lost that and reverted back to the ghost of Bristol City past, we risk having a very long painful season, and one that can rapidly go off the rails. That has to be a one off . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Fair enough for the reply.

Was I there today? No, don’t do away games & haven’t for many years.

Does that make me less of a fan? Don’t think so, if you did 44/46 in our first season in Division Four & all 46 the following one I reckon I might have earned that badge..

The football has been boring under all our managers at times (even GJ, the best since Dicks).

Do I think you are completely uncritical of our ownership, the man who appointed Tinnion, Holden & others out of their depth as managers & can’t cope with constructive challenge? Yep.

Like you I hope we do well, I just genuinely don’t believe it is any different or better than under our previous manager, just the money to spend has miraculously returned, can’t think why.

Hi Graham, absolutely not. Am I appreciative of what the owners have done for the club. Yes I am but do I think they are perfect and not worthy of criticism? No. I said at the time the Holden decision was wrong. I said at the time I wouldn't have sacked Pearson. I will criticise when I think it’s right. I just don’t do it all the time. 

I was there watching in the 1st division and 4th division. I don’t think you’re less of a fan for not going yesterday. I respect your opinion and it would be nice if you could do the same. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Wivs7 said:

Was I clapping today? No  

Fair points. Tbh Matt I think you're one of the better and you clearly go home and away.

Your opinion respected for sure, and you front up on here from time to time too which I respect. The other 2 or 3 hmm..doesn't help that 2 of them are admin on BS3 City FB, fair play for them taking the time but some of their posts are nauseating.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair points. Tbh Matt I think you're one of the better and Jon clearly go home and away.

Your opinion respected for sure, and you front up on here from time to time too which I respect. The other 2 or 3 hmm..doesn't help that 2 of them are admin on BS3 City FB, fair play for them taking the time but some of their posts are nauseating.

Thanks Mr Popodopolous. You, me, Graham and everyone who post on here want to see City do well. Yesterday was a shit show after 20 minutes. Liam is shoe horning Twine and Bird in the side and it didn’t work yesterday and needed to be changed. 

• Flames 1
  • Robin 1

We did beat Oxford albeit a friendly at the HPC without fans, 4-0 and 5-1 last year.

Oxford might be a better side now but they also strike me as a side who will be tricky at their ground but less so on the road. See also Derby.

Not must win in terms of pivotal for Points or Position but confidence, morale, basic expectation etc.

17 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Trouble is though , some fans like myself can’t forget the bullshit that came from the mouths of the idiots in charge that we had a top 6 squad last season as being a reason for change. We all know it was a laughable & embarrassing statement but they said it . They backed themselves into a corner with it . Yes they’ve backtracked so much to you can hear the reversing bleeps & now it’s just progress needed. After the money spent though it’s put extra pressure on manning . I, like all city fans want him to succeed but every defeat will be scrutinised a lot more than previously & that yesterday was nowhere near good enough 

• Like 1
  • Flames 7

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

A bottom dweller, what a horrible thing to call someone notleast a fellow fan. Hope you feel pretty down about posting this after sleeping on it. 

He won't. Barely has a good word to say about anyone connected with the club and thinks everyone should feel the same.

32 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Trouble is though , some fans like myself can’t forget the bullshit that came from the mouths of the idiots in charge that we had a top 6 squad last season as being a reason for change. We all know it was a laughable & embarrassing statement but they said it . They backed themselves into a corner with it . Yes they’ve backtracked so much to you can hear the reversing bleeps & now it’s just progress needed. After the money spent though it’s put extra pressure on manning . I, like all city fans want him to succeed but every defeat will be scrutinised a lot more than previously & that yesterday was nowhere near good enough 

I don’t disagree with what you are saying, more stating my view on how I think things will pan out. As I said on another post if it does go how I see it that’s for each individual supporter to decide whether that’s good enough for them.

4 hours ago, Jose said:

I’m not defending Liam BUT managers don’t deliberately **** it up just to piss you and me off!! My guess is that he’s hoping Sinclair starts producing sooner rather than later. He clearly has positive attributes which show promise for us in the longer term but CURRENTLY improving his finishing isn’t one of them. I expect Fally to come in as first choice soon.

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I don’t disagree with what you are saying, more stating my view on how I think things will pan out. As I said on another post if it does go how I see it that’s for each individual supporter to decide whether that’s good enough for them.

I see it the same as you . The extra pressure as I said though has come from the lies & haphazard nature around Pearson’s sacking & mannings appointment . I can’t & wont forget that absolute shambles they created for themselves. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I’m not sure what throwing their weight around means. I do my posting on an iPhone. 

But the garbage after they scored and the total bollox v Millwall for 70 minutes I can get behind. 

Throwing their weight around refers to half a dozen posters having a pop and taking the piss out of posters the other day because, as usual, they went too early thinking everything was rosy. Like the one talking about how refreshing it was to see progressive football after we won an early game then went missing for three months when we picked up 13 points. Don’t worry, it wasn’t aimed at you!!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1