IGNORED

Wake Up Call

Numero Uno

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Throwing their weight around refers to half a dozen posters having a pop and taking the piss out of posters the other day because, as usual, they went too early thinking everything was rosy. Like the one talking about how refreshing it was to see progressive football after we won an early game then went missing for three months when we picked up 13 points. Don’t worry, it wasn’t aimed at you!!

I'm glad you mentioned this.

There are some who seem keen to suppress the alternative , to shout down criticism or concern.

A few but noticeable ones, then some who spout claims of questionable veracity, but don't back it up- claims that are usually aligned to the Club.

Forced Jollity is one element of it. Idk it's hard to describe.

18 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m not missing the point. We’ve brought players in, a few very raw, and are changing the style of football. I’ve said it will take a while before we see any consistency and I stand by that. Whether that translates into a significantly better league position this season or next is open to debate imo.

I never mentioned being a better or worse team. I would expect us to be better, obviously, the question is how quickly that materialises. Using words like breathtaking to describe my missing of the point when you are not comprehending my post is er……………breathtaking.

I do agree in some part that we’re changing the way we’re playing although what he doesn’t change is shoehorning two 10’s in the side . It doesn’t work . It makes us unbalanced . Something has to give , in either dropping bird back to centre midfield & dropping williams or knight , or dropping bird or twine . I was there yesterday & it was glaringly obvious how lopsided we were . I also think it’s unfair on Pring , giving him way too much of a work load & his game is suffering for it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I do agree in some part that we’re changing the way we’re playing although what he doesn’t change is shoehorning two 10’s in the side . It doesn’t work . It makes us unbalanced . Something has to give , in either dropping bird back to centre midfield & dropping williams or knight , or dropping bird or twine . I was there yesterday & it was glaringly obvious how lopsided we were . I also think it’s unfair on Pring , giving him way too much of a work load & his game is suffering for it. 

The issue with Pring is another one of the patterns that is emerging after four league games. Hence my point that there is plenty of work to be done before we even consider being in the mix for top end. Managers at this level and their analysts work it out now Liam needs to sort it out!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I think it's been said before, but might bear repeating. It's a bit like the debate during the Euros over the selection for the England. Decent squad, some good individual players, but the best ten individuals obviously don't combine to make the most balanced and effective team. Very different level, of course, but basic principle's the same. You have to sacrifice a good player for the greater good of the team.

There are several possible permutations, but the big one that Manning is fudging at the moment is clearly the ten. If you're going to play Bird there, why spend all summer chasing another target at an arguably inflated price when you already had your playmaker signed up? Either drop Bird deeper, where most of us thought he was going to play, anyway, or omit one of them, otherwise the composition of the midfield becomes a counter-productive muddle. Painful, but he'll have to grasp that particular nettle sooner or later, or come up with some ingenious alternative that nobody else has yet thought of, otherwise the side will continue to be unbalanced. 

Sorry to repeat what's been said, but it just seems so glaring.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Throwing their weight around refers to half a dozen posters having a pop and taking the piss out of posters the other day because, as usual, they went too early thinking everything was rosy. Like the one talking about how refreshing it was to see progressive football after we won an early game then went missing for three months when we picked up 13 points. Don’t worry, it wasn’t aimed at you!!

I didn’t think it was @Numero Uno 

I just didn’t get the idea of people throwing their weight around on a forum. To me it implies that some have more power here than others or put over ideas in packs! Or people are on here too much and actually give a **** what’s said, apart from about five sane posters and the one or two that have in’s up the HPC  

If either is the case then I’m glad to have a life! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

A bottom dweller, what a horrible thing to call someone notleast a fellow fan. Hope you feel pretty down about posting this after sleeping on it. 

Not really. Matt Withers was happy to call the fans a bunch of idiots on his podcast last season. A horrible thing to call someone, not least a fellow fan.  

40 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Not really. Matt Withers was happy to call the fans a bunch of idiots on his podcast last season. A horrible thing to call someone, not least a fellow fan.  

Which Podcast ie after which game? I don't listen to that many though have listened to 2 of the 3 this weekend.

7 hours ago, MattWSM said:

bit too early but...imo Blackburn is a must win. 8 points from 5 games or lose an 5 from 5,

Oxford is the more important for me. Losing at home to the team you jumped ship from and who were relegation favourites, is just unthinkable.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

22 hours ago, Graham76 said:

What was the context Graham? I don’t understand fans booing ex players. Can you share when I said it and why? 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2024 at 23:56, Mr Popodopolous said:

A side we beat 4-0 (Friendly at HPC) and 5-1 (First Round of Cup) in Summer 2023.

Whilst I agree it’s more of a must win, think both teams in those games were heavily rotated so not sure you look too much into it. Blackburn unbeaten so far so will be difficult.

On 01/09/2024 at 13:00, Numero Uno said:

What have I said that you don’t agree with @kingswood red?

Do you think Liam does **** it up deliberately or that Sinclair doesn’t have positive attributes or that he is a good finisher or that Fally shouldn’t be first choice soon?

There’s a lot of people on this forum who do a negative reaction and stay quiet when asked why they disagree