IGNORED

Wilder stirring it up- quite chippy isn't he?

Just now, Bristol Oil Services said:

We're just not that sort of club. We're not as hard, not as steely. We are nicer  than Sheffield United. 

Exactly this. 

Although I don't think that we should give Conway a bad reception. 

After the last ten months, if I was him, I would be turning on my heels as well.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

With umpteen promotions under his belt, including one from this level. Professional football isn't a picnic, it's not very "nice," the "nice guys" don't always win. Often, they get trampled all over, by the likes of Chris Wilder

Hasn’t he always been financially backed in his achievements but I’m sure the fans of the clubs he’s got promoted wouldn’t be concerned about that.

i was never too bothered by him until he appeared to think himself a little to important when he came out and said how disrespectful it was that an official should speak to him whilst eating a sandwich as he was a premier league manager.

Not sure that being a premier league manager means someone can’t eat whilst conversing with you 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unsure what to make of Wilder really.

He seems a true Sheffield United man, but his chippiness seems to have arisen in the past few years or has it always been there, just higher profile now?

Clearly did bloody well at Sheffield United first time around.

He’s not a Sheffield United man. Hes a football man.

• Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

42 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

With umpteen promotions under his belt, including one from this level. Professional football isn't a picnic, it's not very "nice," the "nice guys" don't always win. Often, they get trampled all over, by the likes of Chris Wilder

So true. I wish SL could understand this but I don’t think he can get his head around it 😳

Edited by milo1111

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Eh?

I heard Palmer getting some flak, am I whooshing myself?

Don't worry, you're right. A *few* people clapped him when he came in, but he got booed more, and when he was involved in the game.

Personally I've always felt KP45 was a poor signing, so ignored him, apart from saying he was acting like a **** after he scored.

Who signs a player after a meh loan spell, eh? On second thoughts, don't answer that!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I can't see Manning encouraging us fans to give TC a hostile reception in February?

That isn't necessarily a criticism either, it's almost a bit inflammatory by Wilder.

To be fair he's also the same man who says he asks players to take emotion out of the game.

Millwall aside that's been quite evident.

OK, unfair to Manning maybe. But point being he's almost an antithesis to Wilder.

Just feel we could do with some emotion at points (namely HT).

As for Wilder. Knob. That is all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I can't see Manning encouraging us fans to give TC a hostile reception in February?

That isn't necessarily a criticism either, it's almost a bit inflammatory by Wilder.

9 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Sure to be the same people giving him a nice clap, that were clapping kasey palmer, that scored and injured Earthy, what nice humans we are

I didn’t see/hear KP being clapped.

However, what I did see on Saturday was a player who’d come through a clubs academy, made it clear he wasn’t signing a new contract and left to a club who were likely to be at the same level the following season getting a standing ovation when substituted by fans of the club he’d left.

Anyone want to explain to me why Tommy Conway is a bastard and Max Bird isn’t, or could it be a case that we are just being a touch entitled there?

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

Aren’t there 2 different things here?

Are we “soft” as a club?

Should you give an ex player a rough reception?

On the first maybe, but using Wilder as an example is frankly odd. Were former managers Pearson, Cotterill, GJ “soft touches”? Hardly.

Even Holden who wasn’t a great manager, came up the tough way in Salford, hardly the easy life.

On the ex players bit I’d be embarrassed if we gave the likes of Conway stick from the off, it just looks really pathetic.

As the game pans out if a former player two foots one of ours, different story.

The soft mentality might be a factor but making poor strategic decisions is a far better one in us flatlining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I didn’t see/hear KP being clapped.

However, what I did see on Saturday was a player who’d come through a clubs academy, made it clear he wasn’t signing a new contract and left to a club who were likely to be at the same level the following season getting a standing ovation when substituted by fans of the club he’d left.

Anyone want to explain to me why Tommy Conway is a bastard and Max Bird isn’t, or could it be a case that we are just being a touch entitled there?

Don't think Tommy is a bastard or done anything wrong, he chose to no longer be here for a sidewards move and in the process devalued himself on the potential city may have earnt, so no will not clap him, as aposed to Alex scott or Semenyo moved upwards so would happily clap them.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Don't think Tommy is a bastard or done anything wrong, he chose to no longer be here for a sidewards move and in the process devalued himself on the potential city may have earnt, so no will not clap him

That’s certainly one view I guess!

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Aren’t there 2 different things here?

Are we “soft” as a club?

Should you give an ex player a rough reception?

On the first maybe, but using Wilder as an example is frankly odd. Were former managers Pearson, Cotterill, GJ “soft touches”? Hardly.

Even Holden who wasn’t a great manager, came up the tough way in Salford, hardly the easy life.

On the ex players bit I’d be embarrassed if we gave the likes of Conway stick from the off, it just looks really pathetic.

As the game pans out if a former player two foots one of ours, different story.

The soft mentality might be a factor but making poor strategic decisions is a far better one in us flatlining.

We turned to Nige, Cotts and GJ after getting ourselves in a pickle, in desperation almost. To stop the rot. Almost like Steve had little choice: "Oh, ok then. If we must (ffs)." Steve with his back to the wall, and one arm twisted up behind it.

There was a point when Cotts was here where he was exhorting the crowd to raise the roof, make a racket, be raucous and even put a bit of heat on the ref at the exact point, the same week, that Bristol Sport were making statements about crowd behaviour and less swearing, "family" this that and the other.

The manager and the umbrella company completely at odds. Meanwhile, Sheffield United were signing Ched whatsisname, Evans was it? Chalk and cheese, us and Sheffield United.

Nige, Steve and GJ are gone, Softie Steve ... well, he's still here, kind of. 

I'm not in favour of being horrible to Tommy by the way - I'm too soft for that - total indifference would be my suggestion. Tumbleweed. Pretend we don't care and pretend we've moved on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We turned to Nige, Cotts and GJ after getting ourselves in a pickle, in desperation almost. To stop the rot. Almost like Steve had little choice: "Oh, ok then. If we must (ffs)." Steve with his back to the wall, and one arm twisted up behind it.

There was a point when Cotts was here where he was exhorting the crowd to raise the roof, make a racket, be raucous and even put a bit of heat on the ref at the exact point, the same week, that Bristol Sport were making statements about crowd behaviour and less swearing, "family" this that and the other.

The manager and the umbrella company completely at odds. Meanwhile, Sheffield United were signing Ched whatsisname, Evans was it? Chalk and cheese, us and Sheffield United.

Nige, Steve and GJ are gone, Softie Steve ... well, he's still here, kind of. 

I'm not in favour of being horrible to Tommy by the way - I'm too soft for that - total indifference would be my suggestion. Tumbleweed. Pretend we don't care and pretend we've moved on. 

Think the first bit is very fair.

Don’t buy the “make a racket” bit, our support is as noisy (or not) as others, these days it largely depends on how the game is going. Clubs all do the “don’t swear” stuff, but not sure it means much. Racism or misogyny, a totally different matter.

On Saturday, almost 30000 at Derby, second home game after promotion but first 20 minutes you could hear a pin drop as they were being outplayed.

Not sure I would want to emulate signing the likes of Ched Evans myself, we rightly took the mick out of that other team that had Barton as manager. He was “chippy” wasn’t he? Should we have appointed him, then?

I genuinely wish Tommy well in his career, he’s a Somerset lad, but I’m not going to cheer or boo him when Boro come to town.

• Like 2