IGNORED

Gnome alone with Chelsea

Dr Balls

you have to wonder what goes through a players mind when linked with Chelsea nowadays - everyone is acutely aware of the shambolic management (per this great article) and so it must simply be '**** it - they may put me in the reserves for ever, but i'll get paid a shed load of cash'

The utterly bonkers way they are running the club is enabled by agents and players endless greed.

1 hour ago, Antman said:

you have to wonder what goes through a players mind when linked with Chelsea nowadays - everyone is acutely aware of the shambolic management (per this great article) and so it must simply be '**** it - they may put me in the reserves for ever, but i'll get paid a shed load of cash'

The utterly bonkers way they are running the club is enabled by agents and players endless greed.

I do wonder whether football becomes a second priority now . Some of the top players are set up for life after a  few years and they realise that they have other interests. If they get transferred with a large fee incoming and maybe only one match a fortnight so what!

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Jonathan Liew is always worth reading but this is particularly good. I liked this bit especially:

At first I visited local garden centres buying up their stock, and when that avenue was exhausted I started going directly to people’s gardens, offering them premium fees for their existing gnomes, or perhaps borrowing their gnomes with a contractual obligation to purchase at a later date. 😂