IGNORED

Swansea away

forbespm

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Did you get talked into it? 😆

Yes,my son wants to go despite my protests! Coyr

52 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Last time I went there I went on yourparkingspace.co.uk and parked in the morrisons which was like a 5 min walk from the ground, think it was less than 5 quid at that time.

Thanks,sounds good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fly in the air said:

it was better at the vetch back in the day. city took loads there and lets say it was lively. the walk from the station to the ground was interesting.

Yes,been to the vetch a couple of times in the bob taylor days!

2 hours ago, fly in the air said:

it was better at the vetch back in the day. city took loads there and lets say it was lively. the walk from the station to the ground was interesting.

I can't remember the exact year, must have been around 98-00 we played at the Vetch on a very wet and cold Tuesday night. A horrible place to go for football - players and fans alike. Bit like Ninian Park too.

On a supporters coach and missed the first 20 minutes of the game (and I think we were 1-0 down at the time) due to the home fans awaiting our arrival with bottles and bricks. Police took ages to clear it, and yet didn't delay the start of the match. 

• Admin
6 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Had me in a spin then. Thought I'd missed tickets going on sale.

1800 tickets will go on sale next week, including 500 safe standing. 

Though Swansea have requested we don't sell for specific sections. 

My assumption is that means people will sit in which section they prefer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Only 1800, was just under 2k last couple of visits. Is this full allocation or initial?

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Last para is good. Big problems at half time last year with stewards refusing to let people return to the seats they had used in the first half. I spent the first ten minutes of the second half pointing out my empty seat next to my daughter and still not being allowed into the upper tier.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Only 1800, was just under 2k last couple of visits. Is this full allocation or initial?

Full allocation, Swansea have slightly changed the layout of the away end apparently

Go on the train,and you get a good aerial view of the Liberty stadium.

LEFT HAND SIDE repeat LEFT HAND SIDE as you go.

Split tickets are available(via Cardiff) and also GWR operate a pay for two and the third person goes FREE

Suggest getting a train from BTM to Bristol Parkway and connect into the direct train/s from London to Swansea where there will be more room.

Reserve your seats in advance and those nice people at GWR might put on a football special to bring us back home with the three points

AND get those tickets issued from Parson Street

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Go on the train,and you get a good aerial view of the Liberty stadium.

LEFT HAND SIDE repeat LEFT HAND SIDE as you go.

Split tickets are available(via Cardiff) and also GWR operate a pay for two and the third person goes FREE

Suggest getting a train from BTM to Bristol Parkway and connect into the direct train/s from London to Swansea where there will be more room.

Reserve your seats in advance and those nice people at GWR might put on a football special to bring us back home with the three points

AND get those tickets issued from Parson Street

Is it ok if I get my tickets from Bedminster?

• Admin
9 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I booked 3 tickets recently Bath to Bradford On Avon and I'm fairly sure I only paid for 2, some sort of group saver deal.

There's a ticket called "Group save", you need a minimum of three, up to nine people where you get a third off. 

But not heard of a free ticket 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

There's a ticket called "Group save", you need a minimum of three, up to nine people where you get a third off. 

But not heard of a free ticket 

Bath to Bradford on Avon...£8.60 return...off peak...I paid £16.95 for 3 adults return...so one free ticket..with 3 people a third off is a free ticket.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

When we play them give them 1800 the same and push them into the lansdown corner with safety netting at the dolman end FACK EM 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Also add to that, WBA and Birmingham gave us 2k each only last year iirc despite a similar capacity.

Hopefully we can reciprocate where appropriate.

Not a chance. No way on earth the club pass up the opportunity to get money through the turnstiles.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

When we play them give them 1800 the same and push them into the lansdown corner with safety netting at the dolman end FACK EM 

Great idea, lets turn down 1600 tickets at approx £30 a pop, assume you realise we all have different sized grounds in the league

Also add to that, WBA and Birmingham gave us 2k each only last year iirc despite a similar capacity.

Hopefully we can reciprocate where appropriate.

LOL, how many times have you posted this same comment over the years now, each time it is explained why 

• Hmmm 1

21 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Not a chance. No way on earth the club pass up the opportunity to get money through the turnstiles.

There is an idealism vs financial pragmatism I will concede.

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Great idea, lets turn down 1600 tickets at approx £30 a pop, assume you realise we all have different sized grounds in the league

:laugh:, how many times have you posted this same comment over the years now, each time it is explained why 

My thinking is that we could reciprocate in respect of capacity % and pricing too, not just absolute numbers and or split the Atyeo dynamically or not at all depending on the Away Allocation.

I would've thought Swansea get under 3.4k anyway due to Safety reasons or whatever.

It just feels an imperfect state of affairs.

• Admin

There is an idealism vs financial pragmatism I will concede.

My thinking is that we could reciprocate in respect of capacity % and pricing too, not just absolute numbers and or split the Atyeo dynamically or not at all depending on the Away Allocation.

I would've thought Swansea get under 3.4k anyway due to Safety reasons or whatever.

It just feels an imperfect state of affairs.

Swings and roundabouts, nobody was complaining about our allocation at Derby 

23 hours ago, phantom said:

:laugh:, how many times have you posted this same comment over the years now, each time it is explained why 

Probably cost us that in extra policing