IGNORED

Northern Ireland and Scotland in football action Thursday night

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Aberdeen seem to be doing ok, maybe a three-horse race?

I saw this online comment the other day after the Old Firm:

“As a Celtic fan, I always prefer it when our nearest rivals are strong, competitive and pushing us all the way. That’s why I’m so happy to see Aberdeen playing the way they are”.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Scotland have always been crap.

Their SPL is a two horse race every season. There’s no other serious competition.

Out of interest, how many teams do you think should be challenging for the title every season in a league which has far fewer resources, teams and general interest outside it's own nation?

28 minutes ago, grifty said:

Out of interest, how many teams do you think should be challenging for the title every season in a league which has far fewer resources, teams and general interest outside it's own nation?

Look at the English PL - any club from 4 or 5 could win it. There aren’t 2 more serious rivals to the old firm in the SPL.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Look at the English PL - any club from 4 or 5 could win it. There aren’t 2 more serious rivals to the old firm in the SPL.

Could, but don’t.

Manchester City have won 6 of the last 7.

So about as competitive as Celtic winning it pretty much every year North of the border, where it isn’t even a two horse race anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

That’s 6 clubs and in reality only 3 of them are in the running to win the title.

They could win it tho - there aren’t 4 other SPL clubs to compete with the old firm.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They could win it tho - there aren’t 4 other SPL clubs to compete with the old firm.

You know it Val. Scottish football is a complete crock of average shite.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Aberdeen or Hearts could win the Scottish title but they won’t ! Just like Newcastle, Villa or Man Utd won’t win the premier league this season.

In England you have 3 teams out of 20  that are likely to win the league and in Scotland you have 2 teams out of 12.

Not much difference really 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City,Newcastle,Villa, Man Utd.

Serious point.

Are you in any way worried about how your own posts contradict yourself almost straight away?

You say here “4 or 5” & then you name six, the other day you couldn’t recall something you had posted in a thread that was less than an hour before.

Of course you could be entirely comfortable with posting any old shit that immediately contradicts the last thing you have said, but at the very least I would suggest maybe thinking about what you’re actually saying a little bit more.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You say here “4 or 5” & then you name six,

Ummm…….…..:cool2: ………to reinforce my point between the competition in the English PL and the (lack of) competition in the SPL Graham.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City,Newcastle,Villa, Man Utd.

Only Man City or Arsenal will realistically win the Premier League this year. Liverpool a close 3rd.

You genuinely think Man U could win the Premier League this year. That is worrying.

4 hours ago, grifty said:

3?

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

Scotland have always been crap.

Their SPL is a two horse race every season. There’s no other serious competition.

What was with the Hmmm to my comment? Aberdeen are unbeaten in 4 matches and are on the same number of points as Celtic and ahead of Rangers, a very strange reaction.

Edited by pillred

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

What was with the Hmm to my comment? Aberdeen are unbeaten in 4 matches and are on the same number of points as Celtic and ahead of Rangers, a very strange reaction.

My hmmm reaction is because it’s very unlikely that Aberdeen will break the dominance of the old firm. They may finish third………:dunno:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My hmmm reaction is because it’s very unlikely that Aberdeen will break the dominance of the old firm. They may finish third………:dunno:

Yet you claimed than Man United were one of 6 teams that could win the premier league this season 🤔

More chance Aberdeen winning in Scotland than Man United have over here.

• Like 1

I don't discuss the PL much these days but 3 contenders tops.

5 or 6 points may not seem much- but the way the top 3 have set off and increasingly can do, it is!

IMO Chelsea, Man United and Tottenham already out of it. Newcastle have 7 points but their underlying Performance flatters this.

10 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Yet you claimed than Man United were one of 6 teams that could win the premier league this season 🤔

More chance Aberdeen winning in Scotland than Man United have over here.

I appreciate that’s it’s extremely unlikely that Man Utd will win the PL this season but they have about the same chance as Aberdeen breaking the hold held by the old firm.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I appreciate that’s it’s extremely unlikely that Man Utd will win the PL this season but they have about the same chance as Aberdeen breaking the hold held by the old firm.

I’d be amazed if United make the top 6 this season.

Aberdeen have a chance of splitting the old firm this season.

United are currently 66/1 to win the title with Paddy Power and Aberdeen are 25/1 so the bookies certainly don’t have the opinion the two sides have the same chance of winning their respective titles.

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's not what you said though.

You claimed that 4 or 5 clubs COULD win the PL (then named 6). Southampton COULD win the PL.

I think Celtic will walk the league with Rangers 2nd and Aberdeen.

Edited by grifty
  • Like 1