IGNORED

Tommy Conway tonight

RedLionLad

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Scotland are pretty low in the FIFA rankings at 48 so it’s no surprise that they struggle to beat any team above them. Wales are ranked at 30.

At least Conway has experienced International football unlike the vast majority of City current or former players.

How do you work that out 😂 knight is a regular for Ireland for a start.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

You've just aged yourself as being the same age as me.  I was all over being Chris Waddle as a kid.  

I may be slightly older. Waddle came to prominence more in my teens. In fact, I remember his transfer to Marseille, as I saw it on the back page of The Sun on my morning paper round in Longwell & Cadbury Heath! So I’d have been about 14 or 15 then and probably trying to be Bobby Taylor by then! 

My timeline was based on Pele having retired in 77, when I was 3. My earliest memories over the park in Horfield were in the early 80’s and I was emulating the likes of Dalglish, Robson, Keegan as well as Pele. Waddle came a bit later and I lived on the other side of Bristol when he became popular. 
Robson visited Sportsfair in Broadmead one weekend and I queued up for a signed photo of him modelling his New Balance boots 🤣

Edited by Harry

18 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Lets give the lad some credit where its due.  He played 20 minutes for his adopted country and fair play to him like it or not.

Conway Will never be a prem player or regular for Scotland feel free to pull this up at a later date hes massively over rated by alot on here.

• Like 2

On 09/09/2024 at 07:21, Bar BS3 said:

He did play for them when he was with us & even got called up to their squad for the Euros.!

He was never going to get much/any game time there because he is nowhere near good enough for that level.

Didn't stop the rest of their squad getting game time at the Euros.... boom, tish.

• Haha 2

On 09/09/2024 at 11:59, Tony Tootle said:

Playing as a lone striker once again can't have helped him. Would be interested to see if Scotland could get him alongside someone else as they definitely have some quality in the middle of the park to provide him with through balls. I think it would be for the best if Steve Clark moved on and let Moyes have a crack.

Playing in a pair away to Portugal they'd probably get hammered tbh.

Could play him in 3 behind the striker.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again, Conway is a good striker. I know he's rubbed many up the wrong way by not signing a new contract but I'm now looking at Manning and how Conway was given no service under him and starting to understand his decision to leave. Would he fit in the current team, no, we don't play to his strengths, so he's forced his move and is now enjoying himself again and although people won't like hearing it, he did the right thing for himself. 

Middlesbrough may be seen as a sideways move but he was working with Manning, he obviously saw what the new plan was and got out before he was left as a lone striker with nobody to play off of. Now he's at a club where he's got strike partners and is thriving again. 

We'll see Conway on the scoresheet plenty of times this season, wouldn't even be surprised if he puts one past us with our defending and his knowledge of how to attack it. I stand by the statement that he's a big loss and a fantastic buy for Middlesbrough and that the only reason our fans don't rate him anymore is purely because he had enough of the shit show at this club. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again, Conway is a good striker. I know he's rubbed many up the wrong way by not signing a new contract but I'm now looking at Manning and how Conway was given no service under him and starting to understand his decision to leave. Would he fit in the current team, no, we don't play to his strengths, so he's forced his move and is now enjoying himself again and although people won't like hearing it, he did the right thing for himself. 

Middlesbrough may be seen as a sideways move but he was working with Manning, he obviously saw what the new plan was and got out before he was left as a lone striker with nobody to play off of. Now he's at a club where he's got strike partners and is thriving again. 

We'll see Conway on the scoresheet plenty of times this season, wouldn't even be surprised if he puts one past us with our defending and his knowledge of how to attack it. I stand by the statement that he's a big loss and a fantastic buy for Middlesbrough and that the only reason our fans don't rate him anymore is purely because he had enough of the shit show at this club. 

The prospect of Conway pressing our defence trying to play the ball around as they did yesterday is quite scary. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

The prospect of Conway pressing our defence trying to play the ball around as they did yesterday is quite scary. 

Exactly, or more so Conway drifting out wide with one of his new strike partners and doubling up on Pring who he grew up with and will know very well. The way we've left Pring exposed at times I feel like Conway would be so excited to play against us, especially when we're hemorrhaging goals. 

• Like 1

On 09/09/2024 at 12:19, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I do find the whole Ronaldo thing a bit odd, I coach a kids team like little ones and they're still banging on about CR7.  They're getting it from the media rather than watching him on TV. Its the same with Messi.  

It would have been like me bleating on about Pele as a kid.  It's very odd how it's more brand that's trickling down the the kids than player.

You wanna hear random.

Dunno if there was some kinda connection but someone I used to know followed that world renowned star...

...Aaron McLean!