IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Jerseybean

17 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Thank **** Sykes is off.

I don’t blame Sykes . He’s a traditional winger , likes the ball in front of him . That’s where he plays his best football . The way he’s being asked to play doesn’t suit his game. I said in the summer I feared about relegation . We got some decent  players but we look really poorly coached . I also didn’t get the collective clamour to sign twine . He goes missing as has been nothing but a passenger again 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

If only Nigel had been supported in the same way as Manning.

Most of the fans were outraged by the sacking. Maybe fans know more about football than the club thinks they do. Most of us could foresee this shambles.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I'm starting to feel as detached from this club as I did when Holden was here. Really losing interest in watching any of the matches.

Yea, I think I will be done with City also. I will try to implant that in my brain and focus on my local team more which happens to be champions of my country and to play in Europa League, maybe less money than at City but I think better football, better players in some areas which is normal because is a first league team.

Your players  guys are overpriced. That Twine in my league would cost 500k eur at best. 

I waste my nerves every week with this team and get nothing back, for years. I accept now that we will never be a successful team, is not in Bristol City blood to a successful team. I will just check scores from time to time, the forum also, and only if God helps and teams goes on a right course I might get involved to watch all games.

Time is precious, we can't waste it with football like that.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

to a team of whingers bereft of energy. 

Manning demands that players train well, work hard in training every single day. That's what he gets satisfaction from. 

He's said before that if players work hard all week in training then that makes the Saturday easy. 

I'm not quite sure I'm aligned with that. When I work hard all week I'm knackered on a Saturday. 

• Haha 1

Writing was on the wall when Gary Owers mentioned that Weimann was laughing and joking with Mehmeti and Cornick on the touchline straight after we went 1 down !!! If players don’t give a s@@t then that’s on the Manager/ Coach whose job it is to instill passion and belief in the team !! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Manning has been given everything he’s asked for this summer and we’re getting worse and worse. He’s taken a defence that was a strength and turned it into a laughing stock and an attack that started the season promisingly and wrecked the balance of it to fit in Twine. He’s had two weeks to work on ‘behaviours’ out ‘on the grass’ and this is the result. It’s not looking great….. 

Players have been on holiday, the non international ones. Not sure how much time he has had with them, maybe they are still on the beach? Preparation hasn't been right it seems

Cant wait to watch oxford and derby fly past us up the league as well. 

Needs gutting and something new this football club. Cheers for what you’ve done for the club but it’s 100% time for Bristol city and the Lansdowns to part ways. (Taking Manning with them hopefully.) 

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

15th!   Heaven, 19th to 20th would be good under this hopeless personality.

This is supposed to be the easier run of games as well.  There’s a really hard stretch coming up soon. That’s an extra worry for me.  

• Like 5

Chase a “no 10” all summer, and tbh I think LM held the club over a barrel to get Twine. And then to play him out of position. It’s almost comical.

also - small thing, pre match interview “Liam are you looking for a reaction from derby game? LM - no not really, it’s a process where we need to stay level” - wow, sorry that’s just nonsense 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, marksy said:

Poor for a few years, get a manager in who sorts things out and slowly improves the team then get rid of him. Now we’re worse than ever. You couldn’t make it up. 

Much more of this and I’ll be knocking it on the head. 

It's the way the owners do it, they have never had any intention of getting into the Prem apart from some luck with GJ, dispite of all the huffing and puffing and lies to the supporters.  Once they see theres a chance of real improvement they scuttle the ship.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, BristolGit said:

Can’t believe the Pearson tripe is coming back out. Do people forget the kind of football we played under him… irrespective of the players. BORING 

Yes, I'm enjoying the aggressive, front foot football we are playing under Manning. We're certainly seeing lots of goals.😉

9 minutes ago, Betelgeuse said:

He needs to go asap otherwise this is going to be another long and wasted season. We’ve let in 3 goals against millwall, derby and Blackburn! Wait until we play a good team 🤦‍♂️
The LM experiment failed, get in someone who knows the league and can motivate players!

I wonder what Nigel Pearson is up to. 🤔

Edited by Spudgun
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, BristolGit said:

Can’t believe the Pearson tripe is coming back out. Do people forget the kind of football we played under him… irrespective of the players. BORING 

He had no backing whatsoever compared to Manning and we very rarely got walloped under him. His team only let in 3 goals twice all of last season. We’ve done that 3 games out of 5 so far this….. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, BristolGit said:

Do people forget that he didn't have seemingly millions to spend? This is mannings squad, he chose these players and implement the system. 

We spent all summer chasing a 10, and we play him on the left. 

The bloke is tactically naive and out his depth.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Yea, I think I will be done with City also. I will try to implant that in my brain and focus on my local team more which happens to be champions of my country and to play in Europa League, maybe less money than at City but I think better football, better players in some areas which is normal because is a first league team.

Your players  guys are overpriced. That Twine in my league would cost 500k eur at best. 

I waste my nerves every week with this team and get nothing back, for years. I accept now that we will never be a successful team, is not in Bristol City blood to a successful team. I will just check scores from time to time, the forum also, and only if God helps and teams goes on a right course I might get involved to watch all games.

Time is precious, we can't waste it with football like that.

I don’t blame you Mihai!!! Don’t give up completely though mate. Stick around on here. We always appreciate fans from different parts of the world👍🏻

• Like 4

In the first games, despite some points dropped, we saw some positive signs in the way we played, the new players impact, and other things...but these last two games all seems to have suddenly disappeared, and it can't explained only by Dickie's absence. Worrying.

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t blame Sykes . He’s a traditional winger , likes the ball in front of him . That’s where he plays his best football . The way he’s being asked to play doesn’t suit his game. I said in the summer I feared about relegation . We got some decent  players but we look really poorly coached . I also didn’t get the collective clamour to sign twine . He goes missing as has been nothing but a passenger again 

Good finisher, probably better in a narrower role. Been mostly poor this season.

Just now, Dan Robin said:

In the first games, despite some points dropped, we saw some positive signs in the way we played, the new players impact, and other things...but these last two games all serms to have suddenly disappeared, and it can't explained only by Dickie's absence. Worrying.

Millwall wasn’t great too, we almost threw that game away 

• Like 2

Just seen on Twitter that the six-match unbeaten run around Easter last season all included a back three , with Roberts playing. This season, back four, no Roberts (not saying he’s the saviour to this shambles but he was out outstanding performer in that run).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

In the first games, despite some points dropped, we saw some positive signs in the way we played, the new players impact, and other things...but these last two games all seems to have suddenly disappeared, and it can't explained only by Dickie's absence. Worrying.

Laat game and a half IMO. First half at Derby we started very well and could have been a goal or 2 up.

This is tripe however, the last 3 halves of football.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Jason has been AWOL since he's taken on the captaincy.....he ain't no skipper either. 

I’m struggling to see who is Captain material, maybe Dickie is the best option when fit but he doesn’t strike me as a big vocal presence.

This is a major issue for me that we have no players with a captains mentality 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Manning has been given everything he’s asked for this summer and we’re getting worse and worse. He’s taken a defence that was a strength and turned it into a laughing stock and an attack that started the season promisingly and wrecked the balance of it to fit in Twine. He’s had two weeks to work on ‘behaviours’ out ‘on the grass’ and this is the result. It’s not looking great….. 

Players have been on holiday, the non international ones. Not sure how much time he has had with them, maybe they are still on the beach? Preparation hasn't been right it seems