IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Jerseybean

9 minutes ago, BristolGit said:

Can’t believe the Pearson tripe is coming back out. Do people forget the kind of football we played under him… irrespective of the players. BORING 

True but under NP we had a team that always gave 100%, and played as a team, showed effort and commitment. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 6

36 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Hope your watching this to appreciate the tactical genius that manning is

When did I ever say Manning was a tactical genius? 

However, I'm sure Twine being 10 foot further to the right would've saw a 3-0 swing to us.

Edited by Unan

Playing Twine LHS has completely unbalanced the side. He simply has to play Twine in the no.10 role and pair Bird with Knight. 

As it stand we have nothing on the LHS, so opps can double up on RHS giving Sykes nowhere to go.

Play Armstong on the Left  (Mehmeti simply is not good enough)  and Fally down the middle.

2 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Do people forget that he didn't have seemingly millions to spend? This is mannings squad, he chose these players and implement the system. 

We spent all summer chasing a 10, and we play him on the left. 

The bloke is tactically naive and out his depth.

Manning was chosen to produce a team to deliver what the Chairman and Technical Director wanted. Don't expect to see them holding their hands up. Sadly think LM will be with us for a while yet - unless others admit they've no idea what they're doing (which they haven't).

• Like 3

Just now, RedM said:

Players have been on holiday, the non international ones. Not sure how much time he has had with them, maybe they are still on the beach? Preparation hasn't been right it seems

Would it not have been a good idea to take the opportunity to work with the players? Especially as we’ve been told that’s what he needed. 

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Players have been on holiday, the non international ones. Not sure how much time he has had with them, maybe they are still on the beach? Preparation hasn't been right it seems

Wasn’t the argument when Pearson went that the players didn’t work hard enough and became ‘deconditioned’ after an international break?

I don’t think there’s any excuse for this debacle. 

Edited by Jacki
  • Like 5
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Shame the ship hasn't sailed for the Lansdowns and BT Tone.

We just need a capable manager.  It is becoming rapidly obvious that LM is not that man.  We need a change soon before our season goes right down the Swannee. Would love to see Moyes in but doubt we could afford him.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Look at them. A team who works hard, plays it simple and runs their socks off.

Don't think Eustace worries about the principles of play. Could have done with him as Nige's successor.

Simple goal, all Fally's fault though I'm sure - gotta drag him when Knight, Williams, Sykes, Bird and Twine were dreadful in the first half.

It's got to improve or it's going to get real toxic.

The second we sacked Nige I wanted him. No frills, but more of an actual coach, but got the remit, and he's turning Blackburn around now.

Another missed opportunity.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I don’t blame you Mihai!!! Don’t give up completely though mate. Stick around on here. We always appreciate fans from different parts of the world👍🏻

I don't completely, I had this before also but I was not "moaning" on the forum. I had a lot of hope this season but is in vain...

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don’t know.  They’ve clearly spent the fortnight practicing giving the ball away cheaply in dangerous areas and seem to have perfected it to a tee.

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Most of the fans were outraged by the sacking. Maybe fans know more about football than the club thinks they do. Most of us could foresee this shambles.

In addition to Alexander being shown the door - it should be hastened to add. And overpromoting Tinns.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

We just need a capable manager.  It is becoming rapidly obvious that LM is not that man.  We need a change soon before our season goes right down the Swannee. Would love to see Moyes in but doubt we could afford him.

He wouldn’t be interested and nor would the club leadership - it seems that they don’t like strong characters.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Is that true? I thought that’s one of the reason snake and the gang used to push out Pearson? 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

What?! I thought they banned this kinda reconditioning nonsense!

21 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I'm starting to feel as detached from this club as I did when Holden was here. Really losing interest in watching any of the matches.

Have to agree..........City get fantastic loyal support, yet they constantly take the piss, with inept appointments, appalling tactics and weak ineffective players who seemingly don't give a flying ****.  My connection with the club that i have supported through thick and mostly thin, is now more tenuous than ever.

• Like 2

From purely a board situation looking at a manager that won't sub a player until 60th minute surely someone has to ask him why?! 

In game management isn't working, I get you can work on a plan all week... But so has the other team. You need to adapt and we really aren't 

I’m going to reflect on that hideous performance before posting very much.

Right now the only thought I have is for the 800 or so traveling fans, well done. Your support, time and money deserves so much more than that 96 minutes. Safe travels home fellow Reds.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I’m struggling to see who is Captain material, maybe Dickie is the best option when fit but he doesn’t strike me as a big vocal presence.

This is a major issue for me that we have no players with a captains mentality 

Said it before on here when we let cisse go 2012ish we never replaced him and went down easy the following season... And now the same letting james go when he was still championship standard.... 

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Problem is. I know exactly what we'd do.

Give him a couple of years of "stability" then sack him for the next clown head coach. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

After a 3-0 mauling last game it was reasonable to expect a reaction with two weeks on the grass for most of the squad. The reaction we got was as bad a performance as you could wish for. If this doesn’t turn round a bit in the next month Manning will be lucky to be in a job here tbh. He will have had a year in charge, 10 games this season and that today and second half last game is way short of where we ought to be. I said we are nowhere near top 6 a couple of weeks ago and today just proved it even more. We look like a bottom six side right now. One win in 6 and conceding g goals for a laugh. It’s poor, no two ways about it. Big game next week.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

I'm afraid Manning doesnt know his best team. We were playing better earlier in the season but since we got Twine in he has tried to shoehorn him into the side at all costs We are missing Matty James experience in midfield we seem to panic in midfield now and let teams walk straight through us We look like a reegation threatened team at the moment we are letting in shedloads and not scoring it's going to be a long season 

8 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Manning was chosen to produce a team to deliver what the Chairman and Technical Director wanted. Don't expect to see them holding their hands up. Sadly think LM will be with us for a while yet - unless others admit they've no idea what they're doing (which they haven't).

It'll be the last days of LJ revisited - so I think you're correct. 18 months I reckon. 😬

• Like 2

I watched from 35th min on Fawanews, which isn’t the same as being there. I found it difficult to determine any real  shape or style of play from City. It was lethargic, as though City had just played 3 matches in the last few days, rather than having a two week break. I had a tiny bit of hope when  City burst into life in approx the 64th minute but that was it. Can anyone who was there say anything positive about the performance? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slack said:

From purely a board situation looking at a manager that won't sub a player until 60th minute surely someone has to ask him why?! 

In game management isn't working, I get you can work on a plan all week... But so has the other team. You need to adapt and we really aren't 

Maybe somebody could also ask why he pursued a Number 10 for months and then plays that Number 10 wide?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Despite the fact that we need exactly that.

Absolutely.  They need to recognise that they don’t have the skills (or the track record) to run the footballing side of the club successfully and pass that entirely to someone does.  

Edited by YorksRed
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, westonred said:

I'm afraid Manning doesnt know his best team. We were playing better earlier in the season but since we got Twine in he has tried to shoehorn him into the side at all costs We are missing Matty James experience in midfield we seem to panic in midfield now and let teams walk straight through us We look like a reegation threatened team at the moment we are letting in shedloads and not scoring it's going to be a long season 

He's getting people to fit the system instead of changing the system to fit the people.

• Flames 1