Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Jerseybean

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner McNally Pring/Roberts

Bird       Knight

Sykes          Twine          Hirakawa

Armstrong

Armstrong from the off seems to scare defences more. Maybe even soften them up a bit.

Sykes wouldn’t be anywhere near a starting 11 if i was manager 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Can’t wait for Liam’s post match interview mumbling a whole lot of nothing whilst looking anywhere except the interviewer 

The problem is the interviewer won't ask him why he thinks the bad form is happening and why we are conceding too many goals all of asudden and why he won't have two strikers on the field  instead of subbing the one with the other. That's what I would be asking.

• Admin
Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

The problem is the interviewer won't ask him why he thinks the bad form is happening and why we are conceding too many goals all of asudden and why he won't have two strikers on the field  instead of subbing the one with the other. That's what I would be asking.

Even if they did, Manning would just throw the players under the bus as he has previous for.

13 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Is that true? I thought that’s one of the reason snake and the gang used to push out Pearson? 

It is true. At least 2 of our defenders who played today were together in Spain at a music festival, with at least one injured player. This can be found on their social media posts (info from a younger family member, I don't follow them 🙂).

If these 3 were away no doubt the rest of them were. I'm not going to bother to search the info out but I guarantee they were on a break for at least some of the time our Internationals were away training and playing 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BristolGit said:

Can’t believe the Pearson tripe is coming back out. Do people forget the kind of football we played under him… irrespective of the players. BORING 

Not all of it was boring, the football with  WSM upfront was good as it was the couple of months before we sold Semenyo. It’s also worth noting Pearson had to play with freebies and youth team players.   We made circa £40m off 3 such players (Scott Semenyo and Conway)there was also Vyner O’Leary and Pring who are still main players in this team (though all looked better under Pearson).

By the end of his reign we had one of the best defences in the league and needed a bit of the money he generated in sales to improve the attack l. He wasn’t given it, Manning was and destroyed the defence in doing so

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I’ve ran out of patience with Manning Williams and Mehmeti

And yet everyone was demanding we give Williams a new contract- I was shouted down when questioned why, because apparently he was in the top 10 assists in his position last year - for me he will never be part of a top side!

It was James who provided the nous and positional discipline last season but we all looked the other way when we let him go for Bird!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Is anyone else feeling not as disappointed and p****d off as they should be? I'm just feeling a bit indifferent.

I think you're ahead of the curve. I was disappointed and peed off v Derby. Today I'm f'ing angry. Next defeat I'll probably feel like you do today.

• Like 3

Just now, Rob k said:

Sykes wouldn’t be anywhere near a starting 11 if i was manager 

But is he playing to orders ?

Previously he would take the ball to the FB and take him on, he also got in good scoring positions and looked calm when he got there. Compare him to Twine on the other side, he plays the same backward passes. 

Manning has some thinking to do, this shape / set up isn't near to working. 
Twine anonymous  , Bird & Knight  (and you can add Sykes) shadows of the players they were and no support to the forward. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Lacking in leadership big time. Lot of players there looking around for answers. It’s pretty difficult to defend that considering what happened at Derby and the fact we’ve had a break.

Pressure building.

He let go of King,  Weimann and James that a lot of experience and leaders to let go at once

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

And yet everyone was demanding we give Williams a new contract- I was shouted down when questioned why, because apparently he was in the top 10 assists in his position last year - for me he will never be part of a top side!

It was James who provided the nous and positional discipline last season but we all looked the other way when we let him go for Bird!

I'd have kept at bare minimum...yeah I'd have said renew Williams also.

*James- Elder Statesman. You can steadily pass the baton a bit like with King. 2 year deal.

*King- Into coaching.

What a great influence for a squad with quite a few midfielders 25 and under too. Great influence.

Weimann is the one I'm with the greatest respect struggling to find a clear role for even though he is a consumate pro and a great influence.

All 3 have great experience and know-how too.

3 minutes ago, BS3rich said:

On my way back now. It was as if we just continued from the second half of Derby. Square pegs in round holes, absolute shambles. Can see someone hammering us 6/7-0 the way it’s going. 

Perhaps it'll be Oxford.

I'm joking mostly but if there is a side who will know his tactics very well and have a point to prove...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

LM on RB - Had a terrific week in training and looking for a solid week in training this week.

Only two games ago since we played Coventry where we played well in that game and previous games. 

Get back to basics in training this week.

Only one way through it and that's hard work. 

Today we didn't lose because of it being tactical but more a mental thing. 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

LM on RB - Had a terrific week in training and looking for a solid week in training this week.……..

So he’s saying its the players fault not his coaching, team selection and tactical incompetence 

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I bet McNally is enjoying his first proper game....

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

Yellow carded and no more than two fouls from a second.

Just needed an own goal to take the “worst debuts of all time” crown from Glen Humphries!

In fairness he did well aerially.

Don't worry guys we're going "back to basics" this week in training even though apparently the players were going to get grilled on how to defend during the international break after the Derby defeat.

0-3. 0-3. 

Ain't going nowhere under this guy, least inspiring guy since SOD.

Comparisons to LJ being given the keys to the Kingdom and the 'nestegg' being cracked open, at least LJ would come out with some whoppers to laugh at.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

I bet he would turn his nose up if he had the chance of coming back here and working under this bunch of clueless amateurs.

i cant speak for Nige but i doubt our board would have the balls to get past shitting theirselves thinking about asking, i certainly dont think he would be prepared to get shat on again by that shower of clowns

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

He played for a contract and that was it absolutely bloody obvious.

• Like 1

I just think the coach reflects his team tepid, baffling, mumbling & meandering and going nowhere. Chases a No.10 all summer and plays him out wide, astonishing. I honestly think he would get away with these tactics at League 1 & 2 level but not Championship level. The coach we should've got was in the other dugout. Remember his Brum side took us apart early last season.

Losing matches is part and parcel of the game, I accept that, but its the manner of defeat which is hard to take. Two 3:0 defeats is pretty chastening. I really can't see where he can recover.

Remember, we have a relatively easier start in this league against teams we should be beating and getting points in the bag before we hit the Burnley & Leeds buffers especially as we are aiming for "top six"

Ironically, losing next week against his former side could see him sacked, mercifully. He is way out of his depth.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Thing is, we have a decent squad. The team mentioned just above is what it should be.

With a competent coach, this is a top ten squad.

All preseason the talk was (generalisation) - “we’ve got a decent squad, should improve on last season…and with a fair wind we can have a good season”.

Very few people ever give the other side - “what if we don’t perform?”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I love how Max can be seen blaming others for the first goal.

I do think Williams is partly to blame. The type of football we're trying to play he has to be ready to receive it there to play it off.

Williams is a decent player but he isn't suited to the style we're trying to play, so not surprising he's making mistakes.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

I’m going to reflect on that hideous performance before posting very much.

Right now the only thought I have is for the 800 or so traveling fans, well done. Your support, time and money deserves so much more than that 96 minutes. Safe travels home fellow Reds.

On coach now on way home

everyone in our group are of the same opinion

manning has to go

btw ive done hull and derby aswell this season and todays performance was wayyyy worse than derby 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

I do think Williams is partly to blame. The type of football we're trying to play he has to be ready to receive it there to play it off.

Williams is a decent player but he isn't suited to the style we're trying to play, so not surprising he's making mistakes.

I agree with most of that, but passing to someone who isn’t there?

in that situation, hold your hands up, because it’s you and no one else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I agree with most of that, but passing to someone who isn’t there?

in that situation, hold your hands up, because it’s you and no one else.

Yeah you're right, it's a bad mistake. But not only Max's mistake in my opinion, Williams should be there.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

LM on RB - Had a terrific week in training and looking for a solid week in training this week.

Only two games ago since we played Coventry where we played well in that game and previous games. 

Or being shite.

3 hours ago, sephjnr said:

He's getting people to fit the system instead of changing the system to fit the people.

That wouldn’t be such a bad thing if he hadn’t just had a summer and brought in multiple players… you’d assume players that had been identified to fit the system he wants to play?!

Went to Blackburn today. That first half was the most incompetent attempt to play football I I have seen for a long time. Does anyone know if we broke the record for the most back passes to a goalkeeper in 45 minutes. Manning out

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That wouldn’t be such a bad thing if he hadn’t just had a summer and brought in multiple players… you’d assume players that had been identified to fit the system he wants to play?!

That's the point - if he can't get anyone to fit the system he wants, it's the system that needs to change instead of the people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Despite him also saying, they set up to stop us playing. Hmmm, that is tactical is it not ? Absolute fraud.