IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Jerseybean

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He's not getting any help as Twine isn't tracking back, same as at Derby he's drifting into the middle, his natural position.

The number of times our players have been on the ball with arms out due to no options is scandalous at this level.

Sincs coming on.

Why’s Twine on the left in the first place, though? Manning said he was signed to be a 10 and that Hull wasted him on the left in the first half of last season, so he decides to do the same? Clueless.

• Like 9

Both goals have come from the Blackburn press, Max's mistake after having no simple option and trying to be clever, Williams getting caught out facing his own goal and no simple option allowing him to be tackled.

We've just proven that we can't handle being pressed effectively and look weak when we can't control the possession.

On 13/09/2024 at 13:01, Unan said:

Who is the favourite square peg player?

And who is the round peg player that would take bollox to put in the team?

Who has said x player was brought in to play in y position?

Do you think that once a player is bought they are then resigned to playing in only one position?

Do you think rigidly playing players only in their preferred positions limits tactical flexibility and creativity?

Aren't modern footballers expected to be versatile and adapt to different roles based on the needs of the team?

Do you think managers should limit that flexibility?

If a player performs better in a different position than originally recruited for, wouldn't it be counterproductive to stick them in a less effective role?

Are you sure the manager is playing his 'favs,' or could it be that these players are actually performing better in training or fit the tactical plan better?

What if injuries or suspensions mean the manager has no choice but to shift players around—would you still argue they should stick to their original positions then?

Considering the depth (or lack thereof) in the squad, do you think it's realistic to always play every player in their natural position?

Football is full of examples of players who thrived after switching positions—should the manager not experiment and evolve players’ roles?

Could it be that the manager is setting up the team based on the opposition's strengths and weaknesses?

How important is positional rigidity when adapting to different opponents?

Do you think fan pressure about playing 'round pegs in round holes' sometimes overlooks the bigger tactical picture a manager is trying to implement?

Could moving players around help them develop new skills and improve their overall game?

Isn’t adaptability a key part of modern football?

Hope your watching this to appreciate the tactical genius that manning is

Look at them. A team who works hard, plays it simple and runs their socks off.

Don't think Eustace worries about the principles of play. Could have done with him as Nige's successor.

Simple goal, all Fally's fault though I'm sure - gotta drag him when Knight, Williams, Sykes, Bird and Twine were dreadful in the first half.

It's got to improve or it's going to get real toxic.

• Like 2

Just now, !james said:

I said gone by Christmas pre season, think he might be gone by the November international break. 

Would be nice. I wonder what the magic solution will be then from Mr Lansdown and his boy? another experienced manager like Nige i reckon and so the rince and repeat cycle of this club will continue..

• Like 4

I had high hopes for this season, I still think we have good players but the way they are being played just seems wrong. I'm afraid unless the board are brave and admits it's not working out and relieves Manning of his job I think we will struggle to stay up under him, next week against Oxford at home could be the deal breaker if we lose that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Would be nice. I wonder what the magic solution will be then from Mr Lansdown and his boy? another experienced manager like Nige i reckon and so the rince and repeat cycle of this club will continue..

Tins intern at first then God knows 

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Honestly feel that the board will be under huge pressure to act if Manning’s old side turn us over next week on the back of successive shit shows away from home !!! 

What will the board do? They're the ones that hired him.  

They should go as well!

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I had high hopes for this season, I still think we have good players but the way they are being played just seems wrong. I'm afraid unless the board are brave and admits it's not working out and relieves Manning of his job I think we will struggle to stay up under him, next week against Oxford at home could be the deal breaker if we lose that. 

Hmm i think it will take more than losing to Oxford at home before they let him go.. Remember this isn't just about Manning, the boy and Tinnions reputations and jobs (in tinnions case) are massively on the line if the Manning 'project' doesn't work..

• Like 1

Just now, Ian M said:

Earlier I read comments about us having no Plan B. We clearly do. Its Plan A, with different players.

He has no idea how to switch things up. How on earth has he had two weeks since Derby to play exactly the same. Sorry he’s out of his depth. 

Just now, 42nite said:

What will the board do? They're the ones that hired him.  

They should go as well!

Wish they would all go. Tinnion too! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Lose next week to Oxford and it will get truly toxic for Manning. All the evidence so far suggests he is not up to the job.

Indeed. I wanted to give him ten games at least, but lose this and against Oxford and it will be pretty grim you’d think. 

4 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Lets be honest, what experienced manager is going to be willing to come in after a bunch of funds have been spent on players they don't want for their style of football and knowing they'll have to work hard with little to spend to turn it around? Nige was a great signing from the board because he had the experience and did it all on a shoestring whilst bringing in young players into the fold. Manning has undone all of that meaning we need another Nige to fix it all again. There are only so many managers willing to do that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

There saying on tv we ain’t offered nothing and their right , we haven’t put 2 passes together going forward 

Certainly haven't got into the final third, forward player so isolated. No one shines today, we look lacklustre