IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Eustace must be delighted at how easy this game was tactically. “Press the number 6 when they are in possession lads, and they will make mistakes”.

I can accept a mistake being made for the first goal, but for it to happen again in the second half, losing possession again in the same area of the pitch, is criminal.

I was willing to give Manning time to see how he would perform with signings under his belt. However, today has shown even more than before that he is out of his depth tactically at this level, or at least is with us. 

Shame we didnt buy a ball playing 6….oh we did we’re just playing him as a 10

• Like 3

I mean. What to say. This is simply unacceptably poor. It’s all down to Manning. No one had ever heard of him. He has zero personality- a bold hire that’s been questioned almost from off. Terrible. Going nowhere. Players booked for diving. Ugly stuff. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

It all seems too early, but how do you defend this bloke?

Its just not happening.

I don't think it's too early, it was just never the right appointment in the first place. Similar to when it was Dean Holden. Not really his fault and it all comes from the top which is where the actual changes need/needed to happen

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, CityGill said:

Two goals conceded as a result of centre midfielders being weak, going down expecting a free kick, not getting it, and leaving us under pressure.

No fight, weak of mind, no passion. A complete reflection of our leadership. 

Why did he buy that Oxford reject McGuane? He must be Adana to not get a sniff of a game. 

This formation.. with the right players, there is a flicker of hope for the future.

You can see it 

But the first 60 mins,  set up all wrong, made worse by doing it badly.

He had an idea 

Knight - Williams 

Twine hybrid 

Probably looked great on paper, and within his ideas, then he got punched in the face.

It's absolutely clear it's failed.

Learn move on, start winning games and get money in the bank

Manning has been given everything he’s asked for this summer and we’re getting worse and worse. He’s taken a defence that was a strength and turned it into a laughing stock and an attack that started the season promisingly and wrecked the balance of it to fit in Twine. He’s had two weeks to work on ‘behaviours’ out ‘on the grass’ and this is the result. It’s not looking great….. 

• Like 3

Just now, marshy said:

If only Nigel had been supported in the same way as Manning.

For 2 years FFP basically prevented it but the turning point for me was last summer, sale of Scott..McCrorie ill..TGH Loan. 2 in 1, appalling.

Even if FFP and timing meant issues laat season,  a new 3 Year deal and significant funds at the earliest opportunity felt the way to go.

• Like 2