IGNORED

Anyone been to watch Mallorca FC play?

spudski

Looking for any ' local' knowledge.

There's a couple games on this coming week, and I wouldn't mind catching one. 

Staying approx an hour away from Palma. 

Tickets seem easy enough to buy...although from 60 Euros. 🙄

Public transport to the ground, parking etc. 

Any experience welcomed. 👍😎

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

Been a couple of times’ had a really good time’ stadium is falling apart a bit but decent atmosphere when the bigger teams visit’ I got a ticket and transport from a bar in Cala d or for 80 euro’ mallorcan red would be your man to ask 

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

Been a couple of times’ had a really good time’ stadium is falling apart a bit but decent atmosphere when the bigger teams visit’ I got a ticket and transport from a bar in Cala d or for 80 euro’ mallorcan red would be your man to ask 

Cheers fella. I'm in Calla Ferrara, just by Cala d'Or. What a gorgeous place. Love it here...❤️

You can't remember the bars name by any chance?

@Mallorcan Red any tips mate?

No, I was there for the first game of the season in August when Real were visiting!

Would have loved to have gone but sold out weeks before and tickets at FACE VALUE ranged from 90 - 210 euros 

So just watched it in a bar in Alcudia with the locals instead!

RCD did well to get a 1-1 draw, with Mbappe scoring his first goal for Real....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Cheers fella. I'm in Calla Ferrara, just by Cala d'Or. What a gorgeous place. Love it here...❤️

Stayed at mar senses hotel a few years ago’ really love it over there’ bar was called sparkles in Cala egos’ it’s under different management now  so not sure if they still run trips’ bar herman would be a good place to ask’ ran by 2 Dutch lad’s.

16 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Stayed at mar senses hotel a few years ago’ really love it over there’ bar was called sparkles in Cala egos’ it’s under different management now  so not sure if they still run trips’ bar herman would be a good place to ask’ ran by 2 Dutch lad’s.

Cheers mate, appreciated 👍 

10 hours ago, Glen hump said:

I am the one to ask, but i go with my Mallorcan and German friends who are Palma based.  I'm not there at the moment though, travelling for work and back in a few weeks time.

Ask Mick in Quarterdeck or the guys in Madisons or Tony in Old West but I haven't heard of 80 euro ticket and bus deals (tbf I havent asked). But most of the spanish / mallorcan bar and restaurant workers either support Barca/Mallorca or Real Madrid - and it was not fun to watch the Euro final in the Marina !! But you can ask them and sometimes if they aren't going, particularly in the week when working, they will 'rent' you their season ticket.

You can buy tickets online though and a taxi is about 90/100 euro from Cala Dor to Son Moix during the day, which split 4 ways if there is a group of you isn't bad. Of course you need to come back. There are cheap buses but you need to change in Campos and central Palma which is a pain. Or you can book an airport transfer bus online from any hotel pretty cheap but can take ages in mid season and then get a cab from the airport rank. Or rent a car from Roig (locally based and great service)

It's definitely worth it though, nice stadium similar size to AG, friendly fans, really nice on a warm evening and the big La Liga teams all come through.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mallorcan Red said:

I am the one to ask, but i go with my Mallorcan and German friends who are Palma based.  I'm not there at the moment though, travelling for work and back in a few weeks time.

Ask Mick in Quarterdeck or the guys in Madisons or Tony in Old West but I haven't heard of 80 euro ticket and bus deals (tbf I havent asked). But most of the spanish / mallorcan bar and restaurant workers either support Barca/Mallorca or Real Madrid - and it was not fun to watch the Euro final in the Marina !! But you can ask them and sometimes if they aren't going, particularly in the week when working, they will 'rent' you their season ticket.

You can buy tickets online though and a taxi is about 90/100 euro from Cala Dor to Son Moix during the day, which split 4 ways if there is a group of you isn't bad. Of course you need to come back. There are cheap buses but you need to change in Campos and central Palma which is a pain. Or you can book an airport transfer bus online from any hotel pretty cheap but can take ages in mid season and then get a cab from the airport rank. Or rent a car from Roig (locally based and great service)

It's definitely worth it though, nice stadium similar size to AG, friendly fans, really nice on a warm evening and the big La Liga teams all come through.

The 80 euros I paid was about 10 years ago to be fair 😂

On 13/09/2024 at 10:44, spudski said:

Limited use; but when I went in 2017 they had a pre-match fanzine just outside the stadium 

I believe this season, the ultras are in the new "south stand" called l'infern1916

So if if you fancy a bit of time near them, when I went , moving wasn't difficult.

Parking wise;

I parked here; street parking

https://maps.app.goo.gl/xXroTPmuUxDvMhDE9

I got there decent time before kick off and It was easy, though I appreciate as it was 7 years ago may be absolutely useless.

Ps don't look up their nickname, it will ruin your experience.

On 14/09/2024 at 09:27, Open End Numb Legs said:

Is it Gibraltar? Just a wild guess, never been there.

Indeed it is. Recommend visiting on 10 September - Gibraltar Day. Bigger display of British patriotism than the Shankill Road - incredible and unexpected sight!

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

On 13/09/2024 at 11:32, Kid in the Riot said:

No, I was there for the first game of the season in August when Real were visiting!

Would have loved to have gone but sold out weeks before and tickets at FACE VALUE ranged from 90 - 210 euros 

So just watched it in a bar in Alcudia with the locals instead!

RCD did well to get a 1-1 draw, with Mbappe scoring his first goal for Real....

The hospitality looked good for that game. And in general. 

Hoping to go tonight, dependent on a lift though, which is touch and go because it's a 6pm start. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2024 at 09:44, spudski said:

I drove past the stadium last week when transferring to hotel, it's only about 10 mins from the airport and right on the main road so easy to get too.  

There was a game on when I was there and tickets were available I just wasn't able to go.

36 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I drove past the stadium last week when transferring to hotel, it's only about 10 mins from the airport and right on the main road so easy to get too.  

There was a game on when I was there and tickets were available I just wasn't able to go.

The bus is a bit of a ball ache from where I am. 

I'm hoping someone in the hotel I'm at comes up trumps today. 

They work there, have a spare season ticket, and will drive, but it depends whether they can get time off today to finish early. 

50/50 chance I reckon. 

42 minutes ago, spudski said:

They work there, have a spare season ticket, and will drive, but it depends whether they can get time off today to finish early. 

50/50 chance I reckon. 

Good luck, hope you get there, send us some photos if you do.

As with many on here I suspect, have enjoyed a few holidays there over the years. Porto Cristo this August.

Could be a good 2nd club to follow for some though dragging yourself away from a sunbed in the north of the island to watch a game could take some effort!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

50/50 chance I reckon. 

Yeh we were near Santa Ponsa which is only 20mins from the stadium by bus, the buses are decent thought, good luck!

• Thanks 1

I’ve been saying it for a couple of years now , but over the next few years I’m planning to start going to games across Europe , France / Germany / Spain / Italy / Netherlands/ Belgium / Ireland / Scotland  not necessarily bothered on doing the big games because no doubt £££££££ something like a St Ettiene V Lille   Or Athletico Bilbao V Elche you get my drift just fancy going on my own wandering round the town cheap hotel few beers and get a feel for the town / area etc 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redkev said:

I’ve been saying it for a couple of years now , but over the next few years I’m planning to start going to games across Europe , France / Germany / Spain / Italy / Netherlands/ Belgium / Ireland / Scotland  not necessarily bothered on doing the big games because no doubt £££££££ something like a St Ettiene V Lille   Or Athletico Bilbao V Elche you get my drift just fancy going on my own wandering round the town cheap hotel few beers and get a feel for the town / area etc 

Saint-Étienne vs Lyon is a cracking atmosphere in The Cauldron or Green Hell, as it is known locally.

21 minutes ago, redkev said:

Any idea of ticket prices or how easy it is to get tickets 

Prices for the home match against Lyon, in April 2025, haven’t been released yet, but I imagine they will be quite expensive and in high demand.

Next home game, however, against Auxerre in the first week of October, are readily available from less than £15.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Prices for the home match against Lyon, in April 2025, haven’t been released yet, but I imagine they will be quite expensive and in high demand.

Next home game, however, against Auxerre in the first week of October, are readily available from less than £15.

Where in France do live Phil ?

On 13/09/2024 at 11:15, spudski said:

It’s a lovely place. Staying in Cala D’Or too at the moment on Cala Petita. Went into Bar XS in Fererra and it said they sold Blackthorn. Unfortunately the bar owner said he couldn’t get hold of Blackthorn so had to settle for a pint of Gaymers in a Blackthorn glass.

• Like 1

Just now, Gert Mare said:

It’s a lovely place. Staying in Cala D’Or too at the moment on Cala Petita. Went into Bar XS in Fererra and it said they sold Blackthorn. Unfortunately the bar owner said he couldn’t get hold of Blackthorn so had to settle for a pint of Gaymers in a Blackthorn glass.

I hope the glass rejected it and spat it back out , 

unfortunately blackthorn is not for me a few pints of it makes me think I’m roberto Duran ( once I get out on my arse ) I realise I’m not , however natch goes down a treat and I’m still the a humble beautiful placid soul even after a fair few 🤪

11 minutes ago, redkev said:

I hope the glass rejected it and spat it back out , 

unfortunately blackthorn is not for me a few pints of it makes me think I’m roberto Duran ( once I get out on my arse ) I realise I’m not , however natch goes down a treat and I’m still the a humble beautiful placid soul even after a fair few 🤪

In fairness it went down a treat. The cider option in a lot of bars round here is Koppaberg….WTF?!!!! Sacrilege!

12 hours ago, redkev said:

Spain is quite expensive for non-ST holders I've found. France or Germany would be a good start. St Etienne is brilliant fwiw. Don't go behind the goal unless you're fitish as they surge forward down the seats when they score.

Turkey is the best place I've been. Fenerbache is the best atmosphere I've ever experienced. The fans were really friendly when they found out I was English. Galatasary not far behind, but kept my English ness to myself. Was only £10 potd in Turkey too.

It opens your eyes how quiet English grounds are. 

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

I love it here. So beautiful and peaceful. 

Hardly any kids this time of year as well.

Hope you didn't get affected by the rogue waves brought on by the full moon. 

If you haven't been, the Marina is also worth going to in the evenings.

Lovely sunsets there.

Enjoy 👍

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

1 hour ago, spudski said:
4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Lovely sunsets there.

Enjoy 👍

Out of curiosity, what is the weather like at this time of the year?

My wife and I are thinking of going away for a few days in the first week of October, and are undecided between Porto, Algarve and Majorca.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Lovely sunsets there.

Enjoy 👍

2nd time here. Marina is nice. We’ll be there again tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My wife and I are thinking of going away for a few days in the first week of October, and are undecided between Porto, Algarve and Majorca.

As answered it's been mid to high 20s this week. 

People I've spoke to said late Sept early October can be nice as well.

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

2nd time here. Marina is nice. We’ll be there again tonight.

My fav is Pearlfishers. Amazing seafood. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

As answered it's been mid to high 20s this week. 

People I've spoke to said late Sept early October can be nice as well.

My fav is Pearlfishers. Amazing seafood. 

That's all well and good, but did you get to the game? How was it? I see Mallorca won.

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

That's all well and good, but did you get to the game? How was it? I see Mallorca won.

:laugh:..😊No sadly we couldn't go. The person with the tickets couldn't get off work in time. Yes...1-0. 

Never mind, next time. 

Made up for it though in the Marina.

Check out the menu and view.

Best seafood I've had in a longtime.

https://www.thepearlfishers.uk/

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Porto for the wife , Majorca for you there sorted 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Porto for the wife , Majorca for you there sorted 😂😂😂

We've been to Portugal, including Madeira, several times, but never to Porto, and Magaluf is certainly not our scene.

In essence, we are looking for warm/fairly hot weather, good food/wine and nice, not too demanding (20km max.) coastal walks.

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

We've been to Portugal, including Madeira, several times, but never to Porto, and Magaluf is certainly not our scene.

In essence, we are looking for warm/fairly hot weather, good food/wine and nice, not too demanding (20km max.) coastal walks.

Check this out Phil.

https://yes-mallorca-property.com/blog/mallorca/mallorca-in-october-weather-and-events/

• Thanks 1