IGNORED

Yu Hirakawa

Mike Stone

35 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

Not at all. Sky displays the players nation flag and I know what the Japan flag looks like! And I know there's hardly any Korean and Chinese players here. 

No Chinese, a couple of Korean players not in the Prem.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

There aren't alot....

Currently 5 in the Championship & 3 in the Premier league.

It's a relatively untapped market.

Yu was fantastic today! Strong as an Ox, despite his physique, quick feet, direct & good delivery.

Excited to see more of him as the season goes on. 

5 in the Prem

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/japan/

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, David Brent said:

What I like is that he can do it with both feet. Defender doesn’t know what he’s going to do. 

I thought this & think he might be better off on the left . Cutting in on his stronger foot but also very good on his left. I get manning likes anis & he’s a different player to Sykes but if Sykes is played in the right way he’s a much more consistent player with a much better chance of a goal . As I said though he needs to be played in the right set up . 

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

First thing I said to guy who sits next to me is “he’s taken on Leigh on the outside first attempt, he’s now bought himself the option to go inside next time”.  Any player who can go either way is always gonna leave their fullback wondering.  A real weapon to have in your locker.

It’s not unique to go past a full back either way Dave - many done it to me when I played full back 😂😂

20 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

If someone could make a better version of this and print it on a T-shirt then they can have all my money 💰 

IMG_8216.jpeg

Quality 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Now hear me tell you
I just want to be beside you everywhere
As long as we're together, honey, I don't care
'Cause you've started something
Oh, can't you see?
That ever since we met
You've had a hold on me
No matter what you do
I only want to be with you
I said no matter, no matter what you do
I only I only I only I only I only want to be with Yu!

Dusty? Or Annie and ... bloke from Sunderland, escapes me now? 

• Up there with the best home debuts for me.

ok only played 45, but looked a very exciting prospect indeed.

Loved the fact that he looked so relaxed, fearless.

Forward thinking, used the ball well, intelligent, tracked back,

omg this guy could become something big at AG.

Welldone, young man. A great start at BCFC.

We wish you well.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

There aren't alot....

Currently 5 in the Championship & 3 in the Premier league.

It's a relatively untapped market.

Yu was fantastic today! Strong as an Ox, despite his physique, quick feet, direct & good delivery.

Excited to see more of him as the season goes on. 

Its only recently that efl clubs have been able to sign players like Yu due to the changes in the rules.

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

He had a great variety in the balls he played, and there was real intention in them. He played to hit a specific area we were attacking, or unexpectedly picked a man out directly a couple of times with more of a pass than a cross. Short balls, a chip to the near post, a direct pass to feet on the edge of the box, and a floated one to the back post.

Really mixing it up and much harder to defend against than our standard smash it across the box randomly as hard as possible.

I agree. Some of his sharp passing took my breath away; really exciting home debut. 

Well done Yu a fine opening 45 minutes at the gate today. So why would Manning not start with You ? Because I don't see anyone up to that standard playing wide in the club. And it's been said it's Yu or Sykes. That's surely no contest. Enjoyed a lot about the come back today. Mehmeti very lively today but wish he knew how to bloody pass the ball.

COYR

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Well done Yu a fine opening 45 minutes at the gate today. So why would Manning not start with You ? Because I don't see anyone up to that standard playing wide in the club. And it's been said it's Yu or Sykes. That's surely no contest. Enjoyed a lot about the come back today. Mehmeti very lively today but wish he knew how to bloody pass the ball.

COYR

And to shoot. I wish he’d go for placement rather than power, then he might not hit so many over the bar. He’s actually creating a good number of openings but not making the most of them.

As for Hirakawa it will be interesting to see if he’s prepared to shoot. At the moment he looks like a classic line hugging winger who isn’t venturing into the centre much.

8 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

COYR

And how to cross the ball and how to keep a shot down. But apart from that Anis was better today.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

And to shoot. I wish he’d go for placement rather than power, then he might not hit so many over the bar. He’s actually creating a good number of openings but not making the most of them.

As for Hirakawa it will be interesting to see if he’s prepared to shoot. At the moment he looks like a classic line hugging winger who isn’t venturing into the centre much.

Interesting to see how many starts Yu gets.

20 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Both our goals were created from his passes, both were from central positions, hardly line hugging. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Excellent yesterday wasn’t he. And one of the most instantly likeable players I can recall us signing. Seems so humble. 

Let’s not put the weight of the world on his shoulders, he’s in a new country and doesn’t speak the language, we’ve got to stick with him if/when his form dips. But he is one I’m really excited about.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Excellent yesterday wasn’t he. And one of the most instantly likeable players I can recall us signing. Seems so humble. 

Let’s not put the weight of the world on his shoulders, he’s in a new country and doesn’t speak the language, we’ve got to stick with him if/when his form dips. But he is one I’m really excited about.

Thursday before Blackburn, I was driving through the centre, from Denmark Street, when I spotted Yu on the corner.  As I waited to turn left he found himself looking into the window of Chaplins, the fancy dress shop.  I did wonder what he made of it.  Maybe looking to purchase an outfit to stop him being recognised?  I did feel for him a bit as he was on his own.  Imagine he’d just finished training.  Hope he settles well.  Yesterday ought to have helped.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

The way he bowed to the stands at the end was just the icing on the cake. How could you not warm to him after that!

It’s just such a simple nice respectful gesture.

I work for a Japanese company and we quite often get Japanese people over for work placement and they always bring local sweets or treats for their department. So eager to meet everyone and confused whether they should bow or shake hands so end up doing both.

Theres no chance I’d be able to go there and give everyone a curlywurly!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thursday before Blackburn, I was driving through the centre, from Denmark Street, when I spotted Yu on the corner.  As I waited to turn left he found himself looking into the window of Chaplins, the fancy dress shop.  I did wonder what he made of it.  Maybe looking to purchase an outfit to stop him being recognised?  I did feel for him a bit as he was on his own.  Imagine he’d just finished training.  Hope he settles well.  Yesterday ought to have helped.

He’s the first ever City player I’ve really wanted to give a reassuring hug to. When he bowed to the away end post Blackburn especially! I pray his tenure with us is successful.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From what I understand actually occurred one of his mates back home asked him while he was in Bristol to buy him a Bristol Rovers shirt to add to his collection. 

From the little he could ascertain from his teammates, officials and supporters due to the language barrier he naturally found himself gravitating towards Chaplins as it's the only place in Bristol where they sell clown outfits.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, grifty said:

It’s just such a simple nice respectful gesture.

I work for a Japanese company and we quite often get Japanese people over for work placement and they always bring local sweets or treats for their department. So eager to meet everyone and confused whether they should bow or shake hands so end up doing both.

Then you well know that In Japan bowing is a cultural trait thats almost instinctive to even the youngest children.

It’s very unusual to see such a gesture in British football. I wonder if Ohashi at Blackburn does the same?

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Certainly the area around there should help him.

New ramen place has recently opened in Baldwin St (always rammed) & there’s a Japanese restaurant by College Green.

Tinnion mentioned apparently he’s married, so getting his partner over here would make a huge difference, someone to speak to (in his own language) after training has finished.

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Certainly the area around there should help him.

New ramen place has recently opened in Baldwin St (always rammed) & there’s a Japanese restaurant by College Green.

Tinnion mentioned apparently he’s married, so getting his partner over here would make a huge difference, someone to speak to (in his own language) after training has finished.

Think he was enquiring if Mickey Finn’s was still around! 😉

• Haha 2

One of my biggest frustrations is when we attack & break the lines, we often either play the wrong ball or the the right ball with the wrong weight.  For both goals yesterday he picked the right option & the left footed pass to Roberts was perfection.

Shout out to Knight for his cut back to Sincs.

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've always wondered with options to buy, does it include an obligation to sign on the players side? 

I guess it could, but unlikely is my guess.  They usually have “agreed”  terms though…although our usual lingo leaves it open to a bit of ambiguity.

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've always wondered with options to buy, does it include an obligation to sign on the players side? 

I *think* how it works is the contract with the player is agreed at the start of the loan.

So if the club chooses to trigger the option I don't think the player has any choice at all and we would hold all the cards essentially.

That's how we end up with scenario's like a few years ago where Bournemouth triggered a deal to sign Afobe from Wolves Permanently, then sold him to Stoke two days later for more than they paid... Think Villa did it this summer as well but can't remember the player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I *think* how it works is the contract with the player is agreed at the start of the loan.

So if the club chooses to trigger the option I don't think the player has any choice at all and we would hold all the cards essentially.

That's how we end up with scenario's like a few years ago where Bournemouth triggered a deal to sign Afobe from Wolves Permanently, then sold him to Stoke two days later for more than they paid... Think Villa did it this summer as well but can't remember the player

Possibly the difference being if one is option and the other being obligation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Possibly the difference being if one is option and the other being obligation.

Maybe, but that's still a decision for the club rather than the player so not sure it affects that part of the deal too much?

We hear about Player/appearance options in contracts at times as well as clubs so I wouldn't be surprised if Yu has signed two contracts with City. One for the duration of the loan and one that can come into play is 'x' is triggered before 'x' date. Certainly gives a greater level of security for the club as I imagine any transfer fee would be subsidised slightly (or significantly) by a loan fee.

I will say, I've only seen him for 45 minutes but I'd just sign him now and be done with it 😅

• Like 3

Going by the 45 mins YU is quality his centre of gravity his intelligence and eye for a pass that no one would even pick out is just insane, Everything he did just seemed far quicker and streets ahead of other players.If he can produce that week in week out we certainly have a player on our hands. The lad got us those 3 points today.

• Like 2

A few minutes before my favourite Yu moment on Saturday, Twine had tried to trap a ball over on the Lansdown side of the pitch, but he mis-controlled it, the ball falling to an Oxford player who set up an attack which resulted in them winning a corner. Soon after, Max kicked long and high towards Yu, who “caught” it on his foot like a boundary fielder and had the ball under control instantly. He’d demonstrated how it should be done!

We have a special talent to enjoy. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've asked my colleague who does transfer work.

If it's a true option - ie where the buying club has complete discretion to decide whether or not to complete the transfer - then it depends. The buying club might agree terms in advance or they might not. If they don't then naturally that would give the player some power over it.

If it's an obligation, including where a trigger event during the loan crystallises an option into an obligation, to buy at the end of the loan then the buying club does have to agree personal terms in advance, again, the player's advance agreement would be required.

There's also the real world issue that the player will likely find himself in a tricky situation if he does not agree to the move, but that is no different to any other transfer.

@Davefevs @hinsleburg

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wyscout have given us a free month’s trial of “physical data” (running data).  It only covers 5 leagues, no EFL or PL, but J-League is included.

So I thought I’d have a look at, guess who?

image.png.7dadb052638f5b7b2548ccb82d8d8e8f.png

There are a 101 J-League Wide Midfielders / Wingers who’ve played 500+ mins this season.

I’ve ranked each metric 1-101.

The highlights for Yu Hirakawa are:

3rd for distance run at 20-25km/h (high speed running)

11th for distance run at 25+km/h (sprinting)

5th for the number of times he accelerates between 1.5m/s to 3.0m/s

4th for the number of times he runs at 20-25km/h (high speed running)

13th for the number of times he runs at 25+km/h (sprinting)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wyscout have given us a free month’s trial of “physical data” (running data).  It only covers 5 leagues, no EFL or PL, but J-League is included.

There are a 101 J-League Wide Midfielders / Wingers who’ve played 500+ mins this season.

🎶 I’m gonna run to Yu,

I’m gonna run to Yu,

and when the feelings right 

I’m gonna run all night, 

I’m gonna run to Yu 🎶

seems more apt!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think you've just found the Data that drew the clubs attention. Both Manning and Tinnion have said they like runners. Tinnion specifically mentioning that this was a requirement more than once during the fbc interview. 

Yazoo or Flying Pickets “only you” lends itself to a football chant

Looking from a window above, it's like a story of love 
Can you hear me 
Came back only yesterday 
I'm moving further away 
Want you near me
All I needed was the love you gave 
All I needed for another day 
And all I ever knew 
Only you

Others are more creative than me. Can you hear me and want you near me fit well with Bristol City

On 22/09/2024 at 00:50, Ashtongreight said:

Both our goals were created from his passes, both were from central positions, hardly line hugging. 

To slightly add to the theme, if he plays, then Fally MUST also start. With his finishing ability, he'll score bucket loads if set up like that 

Edited by Scrumpys Dietary Advisor..
  • Like 1

On 23/09/2024 at 03:54, Davefevs said:

I guess it could, but unlikely is my guess.  They usually have “agreed”  terms though…although our usual lingo leaves it open to a bit of ambiguity.

The wild card is, will he settle here. Thus the option to buy may have a does he want to stay in England aspect!?

• Like 1

On 25/09/2024 at 13:47, sugarwray said:

Yazoo or Flying Pickets “only you” lends itself to a football chant

Looking from a window above, it's like a story of love 
Can you hear me 
Came back only yesterday 
I'm moving further away 
Want you near me
All I needed was the love you gave 
All I needed for another day 
And all I ever knew 
Only you

Others are more creative than me. Can you hear me and want you near me fit well with Bristol City

It’s on days like these I appreciate @Robbored

For the record I liked the Sade one 

Yu Hirikawa to smooth operator. Fits on so many levels.