IGNORED

Chelsea in the cup 1990

sticks 1969

Cracking day that was. Chelsea had the whole open end, remember walking past them as they were looking through the red railings, thinking I was clever as a 15 year old, I flipped them the bird, feeling proud of my work, as I turned my head back round smiling, I proceeded to walk into a red barrier straight in front of me. I never looked back 

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

I remember loads of them were bussed in. The buses stopped by the park. One Chelsea lad got off the first bus and thought he’d have a pop. He was no doubt thinking that all his mates were following. But they didn’t. They all stayed on the bus. He got a bit of a hiding 🤣

As a 15/16 year old I absolutely loved this game, I was in the Dolman, close enough to hear the apples and pears. They really did under estimate us that day and even to this day I still meet Chelsea fans who when I tell them who I support they say “ you lot got a hell of a mob”. Although one old Chelsea lad I met in a dodgy pub in Camberwell said we didn’t have our main mob there that day, there’s always one!

My first season. My favourite season. In hindsight, one of the last years where football felt like that, on the pitch and off. Despite the many improvements in the game, I miss these days. Promotion under Cotts - and the win against Swindon where I sat in the Atyeo for that game - is one of the few times that felt close.

• Like 1