IGNORED

Am I allowed to be negative about LM now?

Dastardly and Muttley

I’ll add a bit more, as that was a dreadful first post 😂

I got stick for questioning after the Coventry game and told to wait, see what he could do with time.

Well, he’s spent money, got his players and now had two weeks on the grass with his new number 10 (or left winger).

We’re rubbish and getting worse.

I am no fan of Manning’s but I’ve always said we needed to give him ten games. I am already finding it tough to stick with that. 

It’s the manner of the defeats, the shite football, playing a system no matter what and dire football that is unbearable.

Lose against Oxford and it could be all over already. 

• Like 2

You've seen my thoughts on various threads.

I don't believe he is the man to take us forward if anything we're going backwards with him from being one of the most solid defense teams to being more porous than a sponge.

He was chasing Twine all summer got him and then plays him out of position, has no plan B, hell from what it seems he has no Plan A. We played our best football last season when we reverted to how we played under NP.

Honestly in my opinion the sooner we replace him the better. 10 games is too long and will do too much damage we look worse and worse every game.

• Like 7

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’ll add a bit more, as that was a dreadful first post 😂

I got stick for questioning after the Coventry game and told to wait, see what he could do with time.

Well, he’s spent money, got his players and now had two weeks on the grass with his new number 10 (or left winger).

We’re rubbish and getting worse.

It was obvious last season. A decent patch didn’t change that for me. Stoke was a bad sign. I actually allowed myself to think he could do something but that was just bone idle. Tinnion and Lansdown should be fired but they won’t. They will employ another no hoper. 

• Like 2

The bloke has never achieved anything in mens football.

Took over Russel Martin's side at MK and once they sold Twine, was unable to halt the slide to bottom of league.

Got out job on the back of a couple of manager of the month awards at Oxford.

Defensively we have got progressively worse since Nige left & we've absolutely nothing more going forward and results haven't improved.... Despite spending a fortune in comparison and getting what he wanted, seemingly.

Fitness - absolutely gone to pot, we play with none of the energy of the Pearson side with Semenyo & Scott etc. league1 veteran Brian Tinnion was very outspoken on Nige's methods for international breaks 🤦🤦🤦.

In short, I still hope Manning somehow finds a way to turn us around, but I think the groundhog routine of giving younger, inexperienced managers (LJ, Manning) funds and not proven managers (Cotts, Nige) will occur again... Manning sacked, decent manager brought in to sort the 💩

Sounds like his stubburn-ness could be the downfall, work for over six months to get the number ten into the club, then play him out of position...

Does he have the balls to drop experienced players to make way for bird for example?

Even Owers has said you have to have more than a play A, is this the third time we let in 3 goals this season...

12 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Well, thoughts?

Yes you are. He’s out of his depth and needs to go. End of! 

4 minutes ago, David Brent said:

You had every right to grumble after Coventry. It’s a continuation of last season. We wanted and expected improvement and he hasn’t delivered it. 

These strikers we have signed won’t get 10 goals between them. Awful! 

I get the frustration, I've never accepted Liam as the manager and I get a lot of abuse for not "giving him a chance" or "getting behind the team"... well I'm sorry but I do not accept mediocrity. 
Manning has some good qualities as a coach, however if you're the head coach you need to be tactically strong, you need to be able to identify what is and isn't working and most importantly you need to be able to adapt and change. Manning can coach passing football, I'll give him that but he cannot adapt to other team's tactics, he cannot get the best out of his players, he cannot look at a player's strengths and apply them on the pitch and what's so infuriating is that he's replaced a man who could do all of those things and his biggest failure was not being backed and so struggling to create a second style of play.
On top of all of that the new squad he's built means we're not developing the youth like we were under Peason, Pearson had us set up in a way so that the youth were learning the same as the main team and so when they had their chances they were able to slot into those roles and become first team players. Now we have depth in almost every position and still can't get results, all whilst the youth have no chance of working their way into the team with the number of players we have.

I'm done with Manning, I'll enjoy the odd win we get, I'll keep watching the matches but Manning will not change this, he's created the situation and he seems incapable of looking at his shortcomings and adapting to improve.

• Like 7

Bottom line is, if you lose 3-0, you’ve got to see a reaction in the next game.  There is no excuse for back to back poor performances - especially with an extra week to work on the training ground - and it reeks of a manager who does not know what went wrong last time so has no idea how to fix it today.

I don’t expect Manning to go immediately after today but I very much hope that we don’t end up in the situation we got into under LJ where one or two acceptable results at the right time prolonged the tenure of a manager who was never going to mount a promotion challenge. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

I’ve tried to be optimistic and give him a chance as I was sick of being so negative about City. Was encouraged by the start of the season but today’s game and the derby game really suggest Manning hasn’t got what it takes.

Really don’t know where we go from here, unfortunately we’re just treading water until the Lansdowns move on so I’m not convinced anything will change any time soon.

• Like 1

A scary stat, we've only won one game and even in that we conceded 3 goals. 

Before Pearson our defending was awful, he came in and despite it taking time he made us a lot harder to beat and got the defence up to scratch, Mannning has come in, bought his own players and managed to turn us into a team who have conceded 3 goals in a match 3 times out of our opening 5 matches and we're yet to get a clean sheet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harvey54 said:

Yes. Didn't want him. Don't want him even more now. Get Moyes in and trust a football man again 

Moyes is far beyond us and according to rumours is likely to take over at Everton. 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s the problem right there,two 3-0 you will take with a heavy heart if you have played well and been unlucky but apart from maybe 30 minutes over 2 games we have been shocking 

I just cant believe he still started with his boy wonder on the left after that derby defeat. It was blatantly obvious that it didnt work and would never work. Our squad are so much better than this. Liam just seems so tactically inept.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

A scary stat, we've only won one game and even in that we conceded 3 goals. 

Before Pearson our defending was awful, he came in and despite it taking time he made us a lot harder to beat and got the defence up to scratch, Mannning has come in, bought his own players and managed to turn us into a team who have conceded 3 goals in a match 3 times out of our opening 5 matches and we're yet to get a clean sheet. 

Take the 4-0 drumming at Stoke too and that’s 4 out off our last 6 leagues. That’s an embarrassment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Christ, we don't half ******* pick 'em.

There can’t be many clubs with a worse track record in managerial appointments over the last 20 years than us? 

Over that time period not a single one has been sought after by a club higher up the food chain than us.  Not a single one has gone onto bigger and better things. Staggering really. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

52 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

The club needs to be sold now. They give no support to decent coaches like Pearson yet spend loads on absolute nobodies like Lee Johnson and this muppet. It’s almost as if they’re trying to kill us. Enough is enough, really.

I couldn't agree with you more. I find it very difficult to watch my team, and I'm a sc holder. Manning has finished me off, he's totally in the wrong job

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

I accept we were awful today and at Derby, but before that wasn't too bad 

We need to get back to those levels PDQ 

It wasn’t great either. Coventry was a game of two halves, the second half up there with the worst we’ve seen. The Millwall game, a lot of the negatives were lost in the thrill of the win. Hull wasn’t special from what I recall. 

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

I accept we were awful today and at Derby, but before that wasn't too bad 

We need to get back to those levels PDQ 

Are we settling for “wasn’t too bad”?

If we hadn’t had a 15 minute purple patch against Millwall, we’d be sitting here with no wins from an “easy” start.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sludge said:

There can’t be many clubs with a worse track record in managerial appointments over the last 20 years than us? 

Over that time period not a single one has been sought after by a club higher up the food chain than us.  Not a single one has gone onto bigger and better things. Staggering really. 

If you are a coach, and Bristol City want you, you need to be worried. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Don't think there is any chance of this, but he has been to a few home games recently. Probably just former players association stuff though.

I know one party are interested but not sure if anything will materialise. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sludge said:

Genuinely concerned that the pool of coaches who would be willing to work for us is ever decreasing 

Yes indeed. 

When you treat experienced, respected managers with contacts and standing in the game like shite, word will inevitably get around.