IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

Alessandro

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I wonder, at what point, he just sits there and thinks:

“**** me I’m s*** at this”

He is a stubborn, arrogant businessman. He hasn’t a clue how to run a football club and the sooner he ***** off the better. I’ve been saying it for years. He doesn’t care what the fans think. He made that abundantly clear in the LJ era. His money, his club. His words. Nice stadium and **** all else. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The quicker he sells up and takes his son and Brian with him the better. The club needs a fresh direction and I hope someone comes in and buys the club. And before someone posts be careful what you wish for. I am so bored of the Lansdowns 

As fans we all owe Steve lansdown a huge debt to how he’s has invested in our club the last 20 years, but he is clearly not as interested as he once was it really does feel we need a need a new direction , even if it means 1 step back to go forwards , personally feel as successful as he has been in business he clearly feels he needs “football people” that he can trust around him unfortunately he has surrounded himself in poor choices, BT, LJ, (GJ to a certain degree) 

• Like 4

Tinnion is the one that gets me. After one of the most inept managerial performances of the past 30 years, he then becomes our most senior football voice who allegedly plays a key role in ousting a fantastic manager who the fans had a connection with and appointing….well I can’t even put it into words. Shocking! 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 9
  • Flames 7

The only thing SL cares about is getting as much ROI as possible. He’s content with second-tier mediocrity, in fact I’d say he’s complacent with it. 

If he wasn’t, he’d had the right people in the right positions and not gone down the well-trodden nepotistic path. 

I firmly believe no other FL club would have JL and BT in the positions they’re in here. Not one. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 5

5 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

As fans we all owe Steve lansdown a huge debt to how he’s has invested in our club the last 20 years, but he is clearly not as interested as he once was it really does feel we need a need a new direction , even if it means 1 step back to go forwards , personally feel as successful as he has been in business he clearly feels he needs “football people” that he can trust around him unfortunately he has surrounded himself in poor choices, BT, LJ, (GJ to a certain degree) 

We owe him nothing. He's invested to get it all back upon sale

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He lost interest years ago.

Agreed & he’s stuck with us. 

No way he will take the financial hit & sell the club & not many takers would pay what they want so he has to suck it up.

So disappointing LM can’t get a tune out this team.

Edited by Jeez
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

That’s nonsense,  I appreciate we have just had a shocker of a result for 2nd time in a row and passion is running high , but landsdown definitely isn’t going to walk away when he sells in the black ! His interest in us was genuine and for all the right reasons imo 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Probably the same day he realises he can’t sell the club for even half of what he’s asking! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Probably around the time he said we were so poor during the games post covid as “the players were having to change in places that aren’t as nice as our dressing rooms at Ashton Gate”

• Haha 1

I don't believe he wants the club in the PL, not sure of the reason, but he seems perfectly content with the Championship that's why he has never really pushed the boat out and went for it.

Sad thing is, there doesn't seem to be anyone who wants to buy the club anyway, so what can he do, give it away???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Team said:

His lack of self awareness is staggering. 

After over 20 years he’s still not worked out it’s experienced, tough managers who have brought us success, and young up coming chancers who have failed. 

In fairness we were schooled today by one of the 'young up coming chancers' who was available and favourite for a while for the City job when vacant before it went to Manning. Seems to be going ok for them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, the1stknowle said:

In fairness we were schooled today by one of the 'young up coming chancers' who was available and favourite for a while for the City job when vacant before it went to Manning. Seems to be going ok for them. 

There is just this gift at Ashton Gate to change gold into brown smelly stuff. 
We all know it. 
We dared to dream that things would change under Pearson’s watch but the club weren’t having it. 
:grr:

• Like 5

I think the criticism of our owner is extraordinary and suggestions he doesn’t care is bonkers. He hasn’t missed a home match this season unlike his son and has to suffer not only the same as us but after opening the financial taps pre season the failure of his manager with all the new signings. I hope all his critics will remember this when he does leave and the nonsense that he will recoup his losses is exposed. Just look at the Rovers to see how things will be without him.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Every day I suspect. However it’s Tinman and Junior running this shit show!

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He lost interest years ago.

👍🏿 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

No he won’t get it all back. Unless we are in the Premier League and the egg chasers are doing well

45 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

20 years of failure.

Him and his son in a clown suit are the real problem at this club.

Yup! Assisted by Mr Tinnion

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

Probably the same day he realises he can’t sell the club for even half of what he’s asking! 

I’m told reliably the sale price is high. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I don't believe he wants the club in the PL, not sure of the reason, but he seems perfectly content with the Championship that's why he has never really pushed the boat out and went for it.

Sad thing is, there doesn't seem to be anyone who wants to buy the club anyway, so what can he do, give it away???

No one who will buy it for what he is asking or no one who will invest on the terms he requires. 

He's tied himself up in a big knot & I don't see a way out unless he has a visit from a ghost to scare the shit out of him & make him sell for a sensible price only leaving him with 2 billion instead of 1.9 billion! Just how is he going to survive? 😭

Just now, JAWS said:

No one who will buy it for what he is asking or no one who will invest on the terms he requires. 

He's tied himself up in a big knot & I don't see a way out unless he has a visit from a ghost to scare the shit out of him & make him sell for a sensible price only leaving him with 2 billion instead of 1.9 billion! Just how is he going to survive? 😭

Especially now he's lost his winter fuel allowance 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

The final straw for me was the period between April 2023 and November 2023.

I was hoping that the penny had dropped..SL was talking about possibly keeping Scott but also heddiny on the price but we all knew deep down he was off.

What followed was awful..

*Scott eventually sold- Sad but fair enough.

*The bizarre "Nest Egg" interview. Risking a repeat of the failed prior Strategy.

*CEO departs (preferred Gould to both but prefer PA to now).

*NP interview post Leeds Away, murmurings that his psoiron not secure.

*Point proven yet anger post Coventry. Still position not secure.

*In the teeth of a terrible injury crisis, starved of funds post Scott- sacked despite spirited displays!

TGH loan to effectively cover for a medically ill McCrorie and sold £20-25m player is a huge insult. Bot a reflection on TGH but those above NP.

Oh and someone, can't recall who internally criticised the selection of King?

• Like 1

If the same ruthlessness that was shown in sacking Pearson was applied throughout the club - appointments, attitudes created among the playing squad etc. etc. - then we'd be world beaters.

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I made the comments a couple of weeks ago but imagine next year when Wrexham overtake us with two Canadian owners who had zero knowledge of football prior to taking over a few years ago.

Mind you, Wrexham are overtaking one hell of a lot of clubs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Lower the price to a realistic sum for a mid table championship side 

36 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I made the comments a couple of weeks ago but imagine next year when Wrexham overtake us with two Canadian owners who had zero knowledge of football prior to taking over a few years ago.

I can't quite get my head around Oxford - Oxford! - a club on my doorstep whose fans I've made sympathetic pitying noises to for many, many years, playing in a half finished ground to crowds half ours at best, a club not owned by one of the richest men in the land - somehow sit 10 places above us! That'll take some getting used to!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The final straw for me was the period between April 2023 and November 2023.

I was hoping that the penny had dropped..SL was talking about possibly keeping Scott but also heddiny on the price but we all knew deep down he was off.

What followed was awful..

*Scott eventually sold- Sad but fair enough.

*The bizarre "Nest Egg" interview. Risking a repeat of the failed prior Strategy.

*CEO departs (preferred Gould to both but prefer PA to now).

*NP interview post Leeds Away, murmurings that his psoiron not secure.

*Point proven yet anger post Coventry. Still position not secure.

*In the teeth of a terrible injury crisis, starved of funds post Scott- sacked despite spirited displays!

TGH loan to effectively cover for a medically ill McCrorie and sold £20-25m player is a huge insult. Bot a reflection on TGH but those above NP.

Oh and someone, can't recall who internally criticised the selection of King?

This is the nail on the head. In this period it became clear to me that all three of them don't give a **** what we as a fanbase think. They know better than 20,000 City fans and they'll do what they want. 

• Like 2

Steve has kept this club alive. I’m not a happy clapper and am as frustrated as others at our ineptitude to progress.

Steve and Maggie are at most home and away games. Haven’t seen Jon this season however.

For everyone involved, I hope we finally find the right formula because it is becoming f*cking annoying.

Steve has made huge mistakes time after time which has cost him huge amounts of money….yet everyone things he’s our saviour! Nice stadium, training ground etc but the same failures/mistakes time after time on the football side of things. He’s got the money to build material things but he’s not got a clue how to take this club to the next level 

1 minute ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Steve has made huge mistakes time after time which has cost him huge amounts of money….yet everyone things he’s our saviour! Nice stadium, training ground etc but the same failures/mistakes time after time on the football side of things. He’s got the money to build material things but he’s not got a clue how to take this club to the next level 

He’s got the wrong people advising him on the football front . 
Backed managers with some serious amounts of money . 

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

If the same ruthlessness that was shown in sacking Pearson was applied throughout the club - appointments, attitudes created among the playing squad etc. etc. - then we'd be world beaters.

It wasn’t ruthless though was it. It was snide, backstabbing of the bloke that actually followed the five pillars policy. 

It was a power grab by a failed manager in the ear of a weak unengaged chairman!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, CTRed said:

Steve has kept this club alive. I’m not a happy clapper and am as frustrated as others at our ineptitude to progress.

Steve and Maggie are at most home and away games. Haven’t seen Jon this season however.

For everyone involved, I hope we finally find the right formula because it is becoming f*cking annoying.

He moved to Bermuda, and is less interested in the fortunes of the club long term than Mum & Dad.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Mind you, Wrexham are overtaking one hell of a lot of clubs!

There is a feel good phoenix from the ashes vibe. They are on national tv in the states and the second most recognized footballer after Messi is Paul effing Mullen. 

Brilliant marketing and they get the tax payer to pay to rebuild their shithole stadium. 

Hollywood is one smart guy. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It wasn’t ruthless though was it. It was snide, backstabbing of the bloke that actually followed the five pillarsocks who decide policy. 

It was a power grab by a failed manager in the ear of a weak unengaged chairman!

SL, JL, BT, GM and TR or LM?

Bingo! The Five Pillocks gave us what we have today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

He appears to make his biggest errors when he lets Jon have more power.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

Have you not been paying attention in the last twenty years?

This is absolutely the last thing that he thinks he needs. 

Or wants.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He appears to make his biggest errors when he lets Jon have more power.

It might be a coincidence that it's when Jon has 'power' but I don't think we should be fooled into thinking he doesn't sign everything off! Pretty sure he's still pulling the strings. After all he's made bizarre/illogical decisions all through his tenure. Coppell (David James), firing Cotts and appointing LJ were pre Jon weren't they? Could even argue appointing Mcinnes over Robins. Pulis over Moyes. Putting a ban on foreign signings cos Peter styver was a failure. Banning loans cos Stern John was too expensive. The list goes on....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tinnion is the one that gets me. After one of the most inept managerial performances of the past 30 years, he then becomes our most senior football voice who allegedly plays a key role in ousting a fantastic manager who the fans had a connection with and appointing….well I can’t even put it into words. Shocking! 

And not for the first time. 

The bloke is a cancer to our club.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JAWS said:

It might be a coincidence that it's when Jon has 'power' but I don't think we should be fooled into thinking he doesn't sign everything off! Pretty sure he's still pulling the strings. After all he's made bizarre/illogical decisions all through his tenure. Coppell (David James), firing Cotts and appointing LJ were pre Jon weren't they? Could even argue appointing Mcinnes over Robins. Pulis over Moyes. Putting a ban on foreign signings cos Peter styver was a failure. Banning loans cos Stern John was too expensive. The list goes on....

True.

9 hours ago, One Team said:

His lack of self awareness is staggering. 

After over 20 years he’s still not worked out it’s experienced, tough managers who have brought us success, and young up coming chancers who have failed. 

He wants cock suckers as managers Warnock or that personality He cant handle although the club would progress.

8 hours ago, Rule The Waves said:

He moved to Bermuda, and is less interested in the fortunes of the club long term than Mum & Dad.

I’d heard that during covid he was gonna spend more time in Bermuda, but plans changed, and he wanted to have a go at running City.  Has that changed again, ie he’s gone back to the original plan?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d heard that during covid he was gonna spend more time in Bermuda, but plans changed, and he wanted to have a go at running City.  Has that changed again, ie he’s gone back to the original plan?

🤞

With Tinnion as his butler.

Edited by 42nite