IGNORED

Sack Manning, it’s not working and we are in free fall

Shauntaylor85

8 hours ago, Danny P said:

They don’t even care about the real fans, those that have been there through thick and thin. All they care about is the amount of fools they can get through the doors

They don't care much about their employees either from what I've heard. Not a great business to work for, unless you are a friend or a friend of a friend maybe. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Interesting fact (and it is a fact) that a number of those lads “performing” today were allowed to take “holiday” smashing golf balls around and other such things during the international break. I seem to recall a couple of people getting very upset over potential de-conditioning around 12 months ago. Surely our hierarchy don’t adopt double standards 😂😂😂

I'm glad you are confirming the players were given time off too. I mentioned it a few days before the match, and again in this thread and I don't think people believed me!

I was surprised they needed or were granted a break so early in the season and with so many new faces. Surely if they didn't want to be over coached (😆)or fatigued (!) they should have spent some time together team building. 

What have we played, half a dozen games and we took a break. Ridiculous. I wonder what other Managers did with the time?

• Like 5

For me Manning was always a huge gamble.  He'd done very little previously before coming to us to give any indication he would be successful.  Yes all managers start somewhere, but why would you sack an experienced manager in Nige who had finally settled the ship, and bring in a complete gamble, it made no sense at the time and it still makes no sense.  One of the worst managerial decisions made since the Dean Holden debacle! 

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In fairness, that's the norm. More often than not a gap of a few to several thousand between attendees and tickets sold.

Ratio probably similar at most grounds.

I always think that there are around 5000 less in the ground than stated. That said maybe with the increase in the kids prices this season in the SS many didn't renew which allowed more in there to be potd.

It hasn't looked so empty in there for the home matches so maybe there has been a good uptake of this. Obviously I cannot see this continuing if our performances continue to fall off a cliff. I think people can take a defeat if you have watched a decent, exciting game personally.

My point is that maybe attendance figures will be a bit more on par this season with so many more potd. That said this will only be if the vast majority of ST holders turn up. It will be interesting to see if the SS starts to look sparse again. If so we are losing the lucrative potd people and that will make the club notice.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WessexPest said:

What’s the point of sacking him? The Lansdowns - clueless tits that they are - will just replace him with someone worse as they did when Johnson got the bullet.

As long as SL is in charge we are going nowhere fast.

You hit the nail on the head with that one mate. Straight to the point.

Manning was a crazy gamble, someone with zero exp in this div, replacing a prem/champ we already had, this dosent stop with the manager mind, most of the players him/Tinman found havent either.

That being the case, why was the top six chase mooted by the club swallowed by so many?

This type of thread will repeat after more poor results down the line, peppered by when this/that player comes back or this/that player is replaced in the next window after our next win/draw.

Manning is going nowhere until early next year at the very earliest and only then if we are in the bottom 3 (no bright lights when/if that happens though, as the same people will be picking the next one)

So no bright lights I`m afraid just bucket loads of waffle by the managment and owner, whos only interest is in selling hope and season tickets.......so many rebuilds.....zero progress

LANSDOWNS OUT

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

For me Manning was always a huge gamble.  He'd done very little previously before coming to us to give any indication he would be successful.  Yes all managers start somewhere, but why would you sack an experienced manager in Nige who had finally settled the ship, and bring in a complete gamble, it made no sense at the time and it still makes no sense.  One of the worst managerial decisions made since the Dean Holden debacle! 

Totally. Holden and Manning are one and the same. Terrific! 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Interesting fact (and it is a fact) that a number of those lads “performing” today were allowed to take “holiday” smashing golf balls around and other such things during the international break. I seem to recall a couple of people getting very upset over potential de-conditioning around 12 months ago. Surely our hierarchy don’t adopt double standards 😂😂😂

Cushty club FC. It’s why Tinnion and Murray are still around. Easy life. Nigel was right in his rants towards the end. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Holden and Manning are one and the same.

No they’re not the same at all. Holden was never a leader. He is/was an excellent number two.

It’s far too early to be calling for Mannings head and let’s see where we are after 15 games lust under a third of the season. If City are still struggling then maybe there’d be some justification in wanting him gone.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No they’re not the same at all. Holden was never a leader. He is/was an excellent number two.

It’s far too early to be calling for Mannings head and let’s see where we are after 15 games lust under a third of the season. If City are still struggling then maybe there’d be some justification in wanting him gone.

It's not too early. If it had come off the back of a really positive campaign with good performances then maybe. But it's not. It comes off the back of 30 odd matches of turgid shite that has continued into this season. There is and has been zero signs of him changing anytime soon, so we as a club need to change him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I'm glad you are confirming the players were given time off too. I mentioned it a few days before the match, and again in this thread and I don't think people believed me!

I was surprised they needed or were granted a break so early in the season and with so many new faces. Surely if they didn't want to be over coached (😆)or fatigued (!) they should have spent some time together team building. 

What have we played, half a dozen games and we took a break. Ridiculous. I wonder what other Managers did with the time?

FWIW I believe you because I seen the post on social media, can’t find it now though 

Players are entitled to time off, but it’s poor considering the comments about international breaks under Pearson and now returning with that shambles.

Worth noting the same was said last time we had an international break in March, and time off wa given, and we returned with a win against Leicester

Edited by MarcusX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

It's not too early. If it had come off the back of a really positive campaign with good performances then maybe. But it's not. It comes off the back of 30 odd matches of turgid shite that has continued into this season. There is and has been zero signs of him changing anytime soon, so we as a club need to change him.

And then what?

Everyone knows that any managerial appointment at any club is a gamble and there’s no guarantee that the next manager will be anymore successful.

Stick with Manning for now and reassess after 15 or so games.

• Facepalm 4

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

FWIW I believe you because I seen the post on social media, can’t find it now though 

Players are entitled to time off, but it’s poor considering the comments about international breaks under Pearson and now returning with that shambles.

Worth noting the same was said last time we had an international break in March, and time off wa given, and we returned with a win against Leicester

I can understand it in March, but perhaps not September after a handful of matches and so many new faces as I said. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I can understand it in March, but perhaps not September after a handful of matches and so many new faces as I said. 

We don’t know how long they were away for tbf, these players have the resources to fly somewhere and back for a day if they wanted. 
I agree it’s not a good look especially after turning out that crap yesterday, but they’re entitled to days off too. There’s a lot of sticks to beat this lot with at the moment, maybe that’s only a “half stick”

Would have passed quietly if we’d put a performance in yesterday.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

We don’t know how long they were away for tbf, these players have the resources to fly somewhere and back for a day if they wanted. 
I agree it’s not a good look especially after turning out that crap yesterday, but they’re entitled to days off too. There’s a lot of sticks to beat this lot with at the moment, maybe that’s only a “half stick”

Possibly, but going forward I hope any day off (today maybe) is cancelled and they are in for a debrief and a clear the air meeting. Past managers used to do this for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

If true that is outrageous after the deconditioning comments last season. Coupled with Liam needing more time on the grass.

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s not early at all. 

Make a change to a top manager/coach now and we will still have a chance of ending in the top 6.

Defeat to Oxford on Saturday would be disastrous.

They and their fans will be right up for this game.

They have sold out their allocation of well over 3000 so expect some noise as well.

Manning will be on his knees losing to Oxford  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

And then what?

Everyone knows that any managerial appointment at any club is a gamble and there’s no guarantee that the next manager will be anymore successful.

Stick with Manning for now and reassess after 15 or so games.

I hope in 15 games or so we can all look back at this and laugh as we now find ourselves playing attractive, entertaining football with plenty of points in the bag.

But to be honest, and I call myself pretty level headed I'm not sure, I mean I have little confidence, this will happen. I have seen very little evidence in the past, and even with 'his' players now in place it looks and feels very unbalanced and disjointed.

If Manning stays, and he will, I think he needs Championship experienced help. I'm not even sure of his assistants name if I am honest and how much assistance he can give. We need someone who can guide our relatively young and inexperienced Manager in this challenging league the Championship is. 

And no NOT Tinnion. But on the flip side I'm not sure if Manning would accept help, I think he is more stubborn than accepting.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

It’s not early at all. 

Make a change to a top manager/coach now and we will still have a chance of ending in the top 6.

Defeat to Oxford on Saturday would be disastrous.

They and their fans will be right up for this game.

They have sold out their allocation of well over 3000 so expect some noise as well.

Manning will be on his knees losing to Oxford  

I thought we’d only given them 2500-ish tickets?

Agree though - Manning cannot afford to lose on Saturday 

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Giving Nigel the push made sense if you viewed it as his having been brought in to steady the ship and keep us safe from relegation for three years whilst the spending excesses of Ashton unwound through the three year FFP term.

That it happened earlier was down to his entirely justifiable discontent that his contract wasn't going to be extended.

So far this strategy makes sense if you are then going to appoint a manager with a proven track record of success at this level, as we did when we appointed GJ and then Cotts. An appointment that most people would have accepted as an improvement.

Instead we appointed a rookie with zero Championship experience which was a huge, and I would say reckless, gamble.

Without an obviously better candidate on the horizon we should have stuck with Nigel for another three years of steady performance and given him some decent money to spend as has been given to rookie Manning so that we could begin to approach the play offs.

So many decisions from the top have made no business sense whatsoever which IMHO is down to the lack of the existence of any real challenge at Board Level.

• Like 15
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I thought we’d only given them 2500-ish tickets?

Agree though - Manning cannot afford to lose on Saturday 

Copied and pasted from their forum.

Total allocation is 3,414 (2,503 + 911) and it looks like ticket numbers are counting down from 3,414 to 2,503 based on the pattern of sales. 

We are currently at ticket number 2,770 which would mean there are 267 seats left with a current sold total of 3,147.

Edited by Dolman Block B
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Giving Nigel the push made sense if you viewed it as his having been brought in to steady the ship and keep us safe from relegation for three years whilst the spending excesses of Ashton unwound through the three year FFP term.

That it happened earlier was down to his entirely justifiable discontent that his contract wasn't going to be extended.

So far this strategy makes sense if you are then going to appoint a manager with a proven track record of success at this level, as we did when we appointed GJ and then Cotts. An appointment that most people would have accepted as an improvement.

Instead we appointed a rookie with zero Championship experience which was a huge, and I would say reckless, gamble.

Without an obviously better candidate on the horizon we should have stuck with Nigel for another three years of steady performance and given him some decent money to spend as has been given to rookie Manning so that we could begin to approach the play offs.

So many decisions from the top have made no business sense whatsoever which IMHO is down to the lack of the existence of any real challenge at Board Level.

Very well put.

We feel rudderless as a club I think (above the football side), drifting aimlessly in a highly competitive environment.

I'd say this feeling kicked in laat September, perhaps sooner as Alexander though sioeriid to what we now have, wasn't exactly fronting up often either. Gould for us was a bit of a Gold Standard.

Then on the football side, 3 year deal for NP from Summer 2024 would've been ideal IMO, frontload some bits ie Bird into Janaury 2024 especially. Oh and get a proper CEO and move Tinnion either out of the door or yo a more suitable position, Jon Lansdown the same.

Marshall and his proclamations laat year weren't great either and I think he is too thinly spread as a Group CEO- the consolidated Accounts are a £30-35m, perhaps £35-40m Revenue Business you can't just have a Group CEO.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Whilst we’re on the subject of sacking people, Sheridan Robins can go. Her antagonist posts on Twitter are already annoying me.

Why do it? Just do the job and make a good first impression.

I don’t have twitter? What has been said? 

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

If true that is outrageous after the deconditioning comments last season. Coupled with Liam needing more time on the grass.

There is no IF about it. 100% absolute fact, it’s not even a debate for the club can do no wrong merchants. No conspiracy or bullshit, the boys were given some time off after suffering from the considerable effects of four league games. Clearly, on yesterday’s very poor effort from both players and staff, too much time off was allocated.

Yes, breathtaking double standards and lies from the hierarchy (most of us were right which really hurts a few) and people expect them to be “given a chance”. The day our Technical Director is given a chance by me is the first day at his next club.

• Flames 3

42 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Whilst we’re on the subject of sacking people, Sheridan Robins can go. Her antagonist posts on Twitter are already annoying me.

Why employ someone who is a massive Yeovil fan and intent on making any criticisms as 'sexist'?

Oh I know why. The hierarchy at Bristol City don't like its fanbase and won't employ people who will tell them exactly what they think is wrong at the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Some of us do know. I know where a few of them stayed😂. It was longer than a day. It’s not having the time off that is the issue for me, it’s the fact that the very same thing was used as one of a few very poor reasons to sack a previous manager by the same people in charge now.

Steve Lansdown’s legacy at this club will be that he ran the biggest shitshow in English football with the exception of our neighbours down the road.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Threads today about apathy, sacking Manning, improvements post NP, Oxford being LM’s Waterloo and so on are all largely covering similar points and, I believe, are borne out of fans utter frustrations and anger about what’s happened/currently happening at our Club.

Post-match LMs interview made three references to getting back to basics, https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/manning-reacts-to-blackburn-defeat/

Although I understand the logic of this (given we have yet again failed to do the basics e.g. pass forward, pass to our players, move and find space/options, take decent set pieces/throw ins, etc) it is astonishing to think that having inherited a team who were (falsely imo) claimed by our hierarchy to be a top six squad and capable of playing front foot football and being able to strengthen the squad with incomings and had almost a year coaching his squad he talks about the importance of the basics!

I’m not going to add to the extensive narrative re his inexperience, poor in game management, robotic substitutions, playing style, obsessional traits, team set up , vanilla personality, etc.

Nor am I going to reopen the extensive debate about the sacking of his predecessor.

I’m not even entering into the topic of the limitations, skills, judgement and group-think of our hierarchy.

What I do have to say is that our:

• performances and results so far this season have been alarmingly poor, albeit we have managed to win one game (thanks to two late goals)
  • defence (having previously been impressive) is weak
  • creativity remains a huge issue
  • goal scoring opportunities and goals for also continue to be an issue
  • decision making is poor

As Head Coach LM is responsible for these failings and along with many others I am not enjoying watching City under Manning.

I’m starting to fear a long-season, a lower league position than last season and potentially a relegation threat.

Having recruited and backed him our hierarchy will, I anticipate, stick by him for the time being. If, however, we are in the same predicament (just one win and playing so badly) by the next International break even they may accept he needs to go.

Posting this gives me no pleasure as all I want is success for my Club. Right now sadly that’s merely a fantasy.

I hope things improve, although I’m not optimistic, if we get to the next International break and we still have the status quo it’s time for LM to go imo.

This post is spot on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Some of us do know. I know where a few of them stayed😂. It was longer than a day. It’s not having the time off that is the issue for me, it’s the fact that the very same thing was used as one of a few very poor reasons to sack a previous manager by the same people in charge now.

Steve Lansdown’s legacy at this club will be that he ran the biggest shitshow in English football with the exception of our neighbours down the road.

Yes, Bristol football has always been pretty crap and probably always will be. 

The truth is that Bristol (not being a football hotbed) shouldn't have two professional clubs to split the fanbase and resources.

Bristol United anyone? Although we may as well call the combined club Bristol City, who play in red at Ashton Gate.

19 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

You do understand the same people responsible for recruiting Mainwaring will be tasked with assigning a replacement???

Good luck with that,,our troubles run deeper.

Yeah but they also got Pearson at one point, I'd rather take a roll of the dice than watch our players look lost week in, week out. 

Seeing our fans attack some players performances for things they can't even help isn't going to help morale either. Sykes is the prime example, some of our fans calling him s*** when he was a menace to the opposition under Pearson because Pearson would play his players to their strengths and build the team around that. Manning has a vision of how he wants us to play and tries to coach the players into playing that way, which in turn just means they underperform because it's not their natural game. You only need to look at some of the players who have left us, Weimann, Conway, Taylor-Gardner Hickman etc, they're all enjoying their football again Hickman they're playing under managers who play them to their strengths and natural game rather than coaching their great qualities out of them. 

• Like 11

Maybe this stems from his time at Man City, but from what I've seen of Manning he's very much a process driven "do this over and over again and we'll be the best at it" type of coach. To do that you need most of the best players in your respective division to get away with it. We simply don't have the players to carry off that level of arrogance. We need someone that can improvise and adapt before and during games, and he just can't do it. I really hoped it would work out, but deep down I just knew we'd be looking for someone else come November. One win in six competitive games and it's getting worse, struggling to score and conceding for fun.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Spending excesses of Ashton , signed off by Lansdown . Again as he did under Johnson senior & after the Coppell debacle , he created his own problems 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah but they also got Pearson at one point, I'd rather take a roll of the dice than watch our players look lost week in, week out. 

Seeing our fans attack some players performances for things they can't even help isn't going to help morale either. Sykes is the prime example, some of our fans calling him s*** when he was a menace to the opposition under Pearson because Pearson would play his players to their strengths and build the team around that. Manning has a vision of how he wants us to play and tries to coach the players into playing that way, which in turn just means they underperform because it's not their natural game. You only need to look at some of the players who have left us, Weimann, Conway, Taylor-Gardner Hickman etc, they're all enjoying their football again Hickman they're playing under managers who play them to their strengths and natural game rather than coaching their great qualities out of them. 

Remember when we were “well coached”! 😳

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seemingly Eustace did, however he also said we spent a lot of money over the last 2-3 seasons which is surprising given that this is the biggest spend since 2019-20 and the outgoings, cost cutting etc.

Also

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24582751.blackburn-boss-unbeaten-start-verdict-come/

Screenshot_20240915-130815_Chrome.jpg

Needs a serious fact check!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sludge said:

I genuinely don’t think Manning is going to get give anywhere the same slack that some of his predecessors enjoyed (by our fans that is) 

Likely agree with that 

19 hours ago, Jacki said:

I share the concerns of many on here about where we are headed but there is absolutely no way our ‘board’, such as it is, will get rid of Manning any time soon. They have backed him more than I ever thought they would in the transfer market and, given that most of the signings have worked with him before, they are very much Manning’s signings.  We will have to be absolutely sinking without trace for them to even think about replacing him.

And, for what it’s worth, I think it would be a very sudden and harsh reaction to get rid of him this quickly. Let’s get to 10 games and see where we are. 

Yes a fare time to bed on new players and tactics 

19 hours ago, Malago said:

There’s absolutely no point sacking LM, if Tinnion and Jon Lansdown are going to be in charge of selecting the next manager

Yes the crutch of the problem. SL has two Muppets in suits running the show. At what point does SL sack the duo. And we then go through a total reset from that point. Requiring more major club investments. 

COYR

In trying to look for an answer to the current predicament, Manning has to look at affecting a change, which is also admitting he got it completely wrong.

If he goes with the same type of line up next Saturday, then we're in serious trouble.

He has to get the side balanced, which at the moment it isn't. He has to get Twine more central and drop one of the three midfielders.

I would also bring in Roberts to offer more left sided cover and go with a three at the back.

Max

Vyner McNally Roberts

Sykes Knight Bird Pring

Hirakawa Twine 

Sincs

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Can’t really see anything she’s posted that’s “antagonistic”. Think she’s within her right to call out sexism if that’s the issue?

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Fair enough then but yes I absolutely agree in light of the comments made about the sacking of Nige (think j said that in one of my posts).

If you’re gonna make that excuse you better do well after international breaks - in fairness in March we did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

She’s already calling out fans for being sexist.  

3 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

She’s already calling out fans for being sexist.  

Just why? Imagine working for a professional football club and you’re having arguments with Steve from Horfield on Twitter.

Looks so small time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fisherrich said:

This club is a shit show and has been for years. Needs new owners not a new coach.

I don't quite see things like that, fer me it's more of a no show than yer "shit show" you mention there (but it might yet turn into that). There's just no show at all, just going around in circles, going nowhere. The league cup semi was great but as with the biggest clubs, the cups are a side show nowadays, even for Championship clubs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rule The Waves said:

Things will have to get very bad and very toxic before those in charge get rid of Captain Mainwaring.

To do so would represent them admitting that they got in wrong, not one, but twice, firstly in getting rid of Pearson, but secondly in choosing to replace him with Mainwaring.

The only ability JL and BT have is forged in their own heads, and is based on them convincing each other that they know best, and everyone else is wrong. Sacking Mainwaring would be to undo all of this, and kill the fantasy, which would be disastrous, particularly for JL. 

They failed to convince me that they know best, but then again I’ve had first-hand experience of JL and know he’s a sandwich short of a picnic. And BT’s ill-fated spell as manager, after one of my favourite City years under Wilson, is all too fresh in the memory. Dumb and dumber, and I smelt their bullshit a mile off. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

“Love” 

Really?

It's at best patronising and at worst misogynistic. Yes. 

I've seen first hand what being a woman going to a game can be like. A number of times. It's grim. often. 

"Not all men" makes you part of the problem. 

See Daniel Sloss for reference. Misogyny is the thin edge of the wedge.  

• Facepalm 2

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Just why? Imagine working for a professional football club and you’re having arguments with Steve from Horfield on Twitter.

Looks so small time.

Do you work for someone?

Is you having arguments on here reflective of your boss and his business?

Why are employees of football clubs different from anyone else? If she feels like she wants to speak on social media about societal issues that effect her, she is entitled to, as with every other person in the world. 

1 minute ago, BobBobBobbin said:

It's at best patronising and at worst misogynistic. Yes. 

I've seen first hand what being a woman going to a game can be like. A number of times. It's grim. often. 

"Not all men" makes you part of the problem. 

See Daniel Sloss for reference. Misogyny is the thin edge of the wedge.  

What have you seen first hand out of curiosity?

2 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Do you work for someone?

Is you having arguments on here reflective of your boss and his business?

Why are employees of football clubs different from anyone else? If she feels like she wants to speak on social media about societal issues that effect her, she is entitled to, as with every other person in the world. 

Football isn’t like any other business though? Let’s be honest. Professional football clubs are in their own bubble world.

Lack of professionalism stands out a mile.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Great post,

The reason he has been backed so heavily compared to others apart from LJ, is they are so desperate for him to succeed they are chucking money at it and it's not working, again.

• Like 4

As much as I dislike the style of football we are playing, if when we played the ball forward into our attacking or midfield players we looked to take a man on or have runners in behind to create chances I wouldn't complain much.

It feels like EVERY time the ball is played into Knight Williams Bird Sykes the first thought is to keep it and go backwards or sideways. It's so demoralising, have a bit of belief in yourself and make something happen. Doesn't have to be spectacular. Just look forward, ain't going to score going backwards.

Look at Dolan, Travis and Tronstad for Blackburn yesterday. No frills but kept it moving forward, nothing special but it works. 

I do think Twine is a waste of money and you can agree with that or not, at least he tries to look forward and pass it even though he usually falls over and whinges. 

The natural way of playing football and taking players on has been coached out of us. It's too many pointless steps to get where we want to. It will look great when we do get it right but we'll be in trouble if it doesn't change soon.

If you want to move a team about with lots of short passes then fine but to do that you need to have players in positions that when they do get the space to turn they actually do that, instead of keeping the ball for the perfect opportunity. 

We are so easy to play against, set up steady and press when we try to play out slowly into our basic midfield two.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

What have you seen first hand out of curiosity?

Everything from "why are you here" to wolf whistles and "get your tits out for the lads". 

Just now, 2015 said:

Absolutely pathetic and acting a victim for being called 'love'. What a weak mindset.

Pretty sure it's the second part that's the problem. The assumption that women don't go to games and the implication that they're not welcome. 

But you know, I'm sure you're the sort of danger who'd call me woke so probably best to leave it there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seemingly Eustace did, however he also said we spent a lot of money over the last 2-3 seasons which is surprising given that this is the biggest spend since 2019-20 and the outgoings, cost cutting etc.

Also

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24582751.blackburn-boss-unbeaten-start-verdict-come/

Screenshot_20240915-130815_Chrome.jpg

Think hes talking the last three windows - which isnt wrong in resepct of outgoings - he may not be talking net balance.

6 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Cushty club FC. It’s why Tinnion and Murray are still around. Easy life. Nigel was right in his rants towards the end. 

Leave Scotty out of it - Kitman aint going to have serious impact and he was bough on board under Ashton - who it should be noted usually hired his own people - and that didnt work out either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In my job I am frequently called love by WOMEN.

I deliver shopping.

Am I being subjected to daily sexism too?

Hardly.

Makes me larf is the fact that she's from WSM too.

Acting as if shes never heard it hollored up that neck of the woods mind, both ways.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Think hes talking the last three windows - which isnt wrong in resepct of outgoings - he may not be talking net balance.

Well it was all financed and then some by good sales (not unnecessarily in respect of Cash Flow). Not uncommon but Big Spending Bristol City definitely would a misleading narrative.

24 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

As much as I dislike the style of football we are playing, if when we played the ball forward into our attacking or midfield players we looked to take a man on or have runners in behind to create chances I wouldn't complain much.

It feels like EVERY time the ball is played into Knight Williams Bird Sykes the first thought is to keep it and go backwards or sideways. It's so demoralising, have a bit of belief in yourself and make something happen. Doesn't have to be spectacular. Just look forward, ain't going to score going backwards.

Look at Dolan, Travis and Tronstad for Blackburn yesterday. No frills but kept it moving forward, nothing special but it works. 

I do think Twine is a waste of money and you can agree with that or not, at least he tries to look forward and pass it even though he usually falls over and whinges. 

The natural way of playing football and taking players on has been coached out of us. It's too many pointless steps to get where we want to. It will look great when we do get it right but we'll be in trouble if it doesn't change soon.

If you want to move a team about with lots of short passes then fine but to do that you need to have players in positions that when they do get the space to turn they actually do that, instead of keeping the ball for the perfect opportunity. 

We are so easy to play against, set up steady and press when we try to play out slowly into our basic midfield two.

In fairness, that was there against Millwall, Coventry and Derby (didn’t see Hull).

I think yesterday was more a case of no plan B. Derby worked us out after 20 minutes but Blackburn worked us out ahead of the game - they went for our weaknesses from the off so we never got going at all.

It wasn’t until 3 subs, and the game being pretty dead at 2-0 that we woke up a bit and that was because we went a bit more direct but wouldn’t say it looked like a definitive plan, just players coming on moving more and making space (and Twine / Bird being in their best positions)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Everything from "why are you here" to wolf whistles and "get your tits out for the lads".

I’ve never heard that in my experience, not at women anyway. I’ve been to an away game before where City fans have sang that at blokes!

I often go games with the Wife and we’ve never experienced that. She really enjoys it!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Pretty sure it's the second part that's the problem. The assumption that women don't go to games and the implication that they're not welcome. 

But you know, I'm sure you're the sort of danger who'd call me woke so probably best to leave it there. 

You know **** all about me pal to call me a 'danger' with multiple female friends and 5 sisters. Absolutely none of them would be offended by being called 'Love'.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve never heard that in my experience, not at women anyway. I’ve been to an away game before where City fans have sang that at blokes!

I often go games with the Wife and we’ve never experienced that. She really enjoys it!

Well your experience outweighs mine. The 50% of women who've experience misogyny at football are wrong because Lew's wife hasn't been asked to get her tits out. 

1 minute ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Well your experience outweighs mine. The 50% of women who've experience misogyny at football are wrong because Lew's wife hasn't been asked to get her tits out. 

Ha! Signs of losing an argument for all to see.

Classy.

30 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I remember the whole ground singing that to Joanna Lumley once, decades ago.

• Like 1