IGNORED

FBC Podcast - BLACKBURN [A] the verdict ...... a shockingly unacceptable performance

headhunter

Join us live at 6 with the recording on Podcast platforms from 10.00 PM

This was worse than Derby as we had no decent spell of play at all.

If the players appeared unconditioned after the 2nd international break last year what on earth will those in power have to say about today's 90 minutes when for long periods we looked like a park side when it came to tactical nous!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

If the players appeared unconditioned after the 2nd international break last year what on earth will those in power have to say about today's 90 minutes when for long periods we looked like a park side when it came to tactical nous!!!

If only you had a someone on your pod who had direct access to the technical director to ask him his thoughts..

• Like 2
  • Haha 12
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Biggest thing for me is the amount of moaning, pointing, play acting and sulking. The overall attitude is wrong on top of everything else.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Williams and Knight lying down when goals went in are instant benching offences for me.

Didn’t see Knight but I certainly saw it with Williams, I don’t think he was even trying to claim a foul, he just led there and eventually got up.

Even looked like a Blackburn player who was running past him bent down and gave him a bit of verbals as he led there.

i think Williams sees himself as the hard man of our team but as modern footballers go he’s very lightweight and not particularly athletic and our whole midfield is the same.

we are very easy to dominate for the physical and athletic sides 

• Like 1

2 shots on target in 90 minutes. Front foot football my arse. The bloke is out of his depth and needs relieving of his duties. Should never have been appointed in the first place. The owner/chairman should hang their heads in shame. 

You're destroying our football club and feeding us bullshit. 

Sort it out 

Edited by harvey54
  • Like 10
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, McNasty Filth said:

Not sure about YouTube mate, liked it when you could listen live while doing shit menial tasks or taking a walk. YT can't do that as it won't work without phone screen being on

You you make YouTube as the second thing on your screen, (as a mini screen)

You can pull it down to the bottom of screen, 95% outside of screen. And then it plays without interference.

Yes the screen has to be on.

But there are no accidental touches 

It's not perfect, but a mild win

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, headhunter said:

So is Ian going to start to realise Tinnion and Manning are out of their depth? He’s backed them both. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The turtle said:

You you make YouTube as the second thing on your screen, (as a mini screen)

You can pull it down to the bottom of screen, 95% outside of screen. And then it plays without interference.

Yes the screen has to be on.

But there are no accidental touches 

It's not perfect, but a mild win

Is that only premium you can do it as I’ve never been able to do it? 

15 minutes ago, lenred said:

Is that only premium you can do it as I’ve never been able to do it? 

No. Premium gives the ability to turn screen of. .  What you need to do , I tried to do a video but it's too big, is when a page is open, go to your side bar...

Open YouTube as a mini page 

Then you can move it around screen.

Or even make it a split screen with YouTube as small as possible.

The secret is to get YouTube from sidebar . Then you can manipulate screen, and see what can and cannot do

Edit. You are right, it seems you can only make it small in a split screen now 

• Like 1

We really need a championship version of a Roy Keane , who tells players how it is there and then and even in training demands 100% 

remember a story Rio said when he joined yanited as a young upcoming centre half , at his first training session he played his first 3 passes either sideways or backwards then Keane bellowed at him OI FERDINAND YOUR AT YANITED NOW WE DONT GO BACKWARDS AND SIDEWAYS WE GO FORWARDS , Rio then said he knew he was at a club with winners he said the demand level even in training was immense , I just don’t see anyone in our club who could lead our players in that way , 

I think we have decent players could just do with a couple with real desire , I’m afraid when I look at our manager I don’t see anything there , good coach maybe manager I’m afraid not 

We’ve become a soft touch again I’m afraid. We let a lot of experience go in the summer. Not saying the decisions were necessarily wrong (that’s a different debate) but our failure to adequately replace that experience and leadership will be our downfall I fear. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, nellie said:

and also spouting crap that Manning doesn't report to him if that isn't a ludicrous claim its bloody worrying 

Brian certainly alluded to it…that everything football (playing not operations) reports to him.  

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loving this. 

Stout support of Brian Tinnion! 😂 

Mr Tinnion was the major influence in bringing the man in! Jon and Steve didn’t find him. Did they? 

I Liked the who reports to who! No one knows anything that hasn’t come from untrustworthy sources. 

Manning might not believe he reports to Brian Tinnion and Mr Tinnion is not above him in the org chart, if you believe it, then you and he are living in a dreamland too!

we were utter rubbish as we all know, but trying to disassociate people from bringing this bloke in after sacking the last bloke is pretty transparent!

I guess the bus Manning will be thrown under soon has just been fired up!

Edit:

Here we go Nigel Pearson got….blah blah blah  

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, nellie said:

and also spouting crap that Manning doesn't report to him if that isn't a ludicrous claim its bloody worrying 

Would be a bit odd for those two to speak ‘7/8/9 times a day’ as they both so often say, if so. Almost as if it’s not true eh

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

39 minutes ago, redkev said:

We really need a championship version of a Roy Keane , who tells players how it is there and then and even in training demands 100% 

remember a story Rio said when he joined yanited as a young upcoming centre half , at his first training session he played his first 3 passes either sideways or backwards then Keane bellowed at him OI FERDINAND YOUR AT YANITED NOW WE DONT GO BACKWARDS AND SIDEWAYS WE GO FORWARDS , Rio then said he knew he was at a club with winners he said the demand level even in training was immense , I just don’t see anyone in our club who could lead our players in that way , 

I think we have decent players could just do with a couple with real desire , I’m afraid when I look at our manager I don’t see anything there , good coach maybe manager I’m afraid not 

A Nigel Pearson type character? Yeah, that would be good 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, The turtle said:

No. Premium gives the ability to turn screen of. .  What you need to do , I tried to do a video but it's too big, is when a page is open, go to your side bar...

Open YouTube as a mini page 

Then you can move it around screen.

Or even make it a split screen with YouTube as small as possible.

The secret is to get YouTube from sidebar . Then you can manipulate screen, and see what can and cannot do

Edit. You are right, it seems you can only make it small in a split screen now 

Thank you for trying!

45 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Loving this. 

Mr Tinnion was the major influence in bringing the man in! Jon and Steve didn’t find him. Did they? 

I Liked the who reports to who! No one knows anything that hasn’t come from untrustworthy sources. 

Manning might not believe he reports to Brian Tinnion and Mr Tinnion is not above him in the org chart, if you believe it, then you and he are living in a dreamland too!

we were utter rubbish as we all know, but trying to disassociate people from bringing this bloke in after sacking the last bloke is pretty transparent!

Edit:

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Absolutely ludicrous for them to suggest that Brian is not who Liam reports to. 

Think Ian went down that road to try and shield Brian from criticisms! 

I know there were some bits today that bordered on farcical. That is exactly what more than one person did.

It seems they (more than one) are  now so easy to influence by their associations with the club and its leaders, it’s blinded more than one to the effing obvious. 

JL will be having a look on here tonight hoping his old man and his mum aren’t! 

This episode is now on Spotify & other podcast platforms: https://open.acast.com/public/streams/65ae24f47b60d200171f351d/episodes/66e67aeff106e38c4d8d0b9d.mp3 

Based on the past two games I feel I have made a grave error of judgement in making my comment on an earlier episode that in Liam Manning we have "a Premier League manager, I only hope he does it with us". Seems totally clueless as to what to do right now 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

This episode is now on Spotify & other podcast platforms: https://open.acast.com/public/streams/65ae24f47b60d200171f351d/episodes/66e67aeff106e38c4d8d0b9d.mp3 

Based on the past two games I feel I have made a grave error of judgement in making my comment on an earlier episode that in Liam Manning we have "a Premier League manager, I only hope he does it with us". Seems totally clueless as to what to do right now 

What do you think of our Technical Director?

The one in charge of all football matters?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Loving this. 

Edit:

Firmly believe Tinnion is a bigger problem than Manning! I’d get rid of both tomorrow! 

2 hours ago, Lack of Action Man said:

Yeah, it makes me laugh. Ian was chomping at the bit calling for NP to be sacked after poor performances, yet for LM he’s always making excuses. The double standard is laughable.

To be fair he’s now putting pressure on Manning if you check his Twitter. Maybe a few texts to his Brian will help influence! Ian over the years has always called for a manager to be sacked! Manning is the first to get time but you can see he is getting frustrated with him now. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85

27 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I'd he's not why did we pay £3.5M for him?

Well after your meeting with Manning you considered him a premier league manager in the making because of how he spoke. 

So it's not unreasonable for the powers at the club to also believe that. 

Manning demanded Twine all summer long. So its not unreasonable to suggest the board gave him what he wanted because they think he'd help make Manning a premier league manager with us. 

We massively over paid for Twine so I'm not sure we can say he's our best player based on us over paying for him. 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Well after your meeting with Manning you considered him a premier league manager in the making because of how he spoke. 

So it's not unreasonable for the powers at the club to also believe that. 

Manning demanded Twine all summer long. So its not unreasonable to suggest the board gave him what he wanted because they think he'd help make Manning a premier league manager with us. 

We massively over paid for Twine so I'm not sure we can say he's our best player based on us over paying for him. 

Yes very well put.

He was the first, second and third choice marquee signing target. I've read multiple figures on Twine, one was £3.2m, another £3.75m, £4m mentioned and now @headhuntersuggests £3.5m.

Either way he cost £3m or more and it is incumbent on Manning to make the best use of his marquee target..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, McNasty Filth said:

Not sure about YouTube mate, liked it when you could listen live while doing shit menial tasks or taking a walk. YT can't do that as it won't work without phone screen being on

One of my joys is going for a walk whereas a shit menial task at the moment is watching City

Thought it was a good podcast, no surprises at what was felt generally.  
 The only issue is Ian suggesting (I’m paraphrasing) “that if we won 6 games in a row people would still be calling for Manning to go”.
  All that does is minimise what people are unhappy about. As though people’s concerns aren’t valid and it’s all just a load of whining fans, so they’re not worth listening to.  We could have said the same about Ian in relation to NP. 

I remember Ian saying it wasn’t good enough when NP said “we have to manage our expectations”, yet Ian said exactly the same thing in relation to Manning last season. NP had far more reasons for that to be the case. 

People who want Manning to go whatever the results, will be such a minority. But the Manning situation unfortunately can’t be taken in isolation. There’s a lot of history there and expectation, so it’s perfectly understandable people are wondering what on earths happening. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 4

9 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

The only issue is Ian suggesting (I’m paraphrasing) “that if we won 6 games in a row people would still be calling for Manning to go”.
  All that does is minimise what people are unhappy about. As though people’s concerns aren’t valid and it’s all just a load of whining fans, so they’re not worth listening to.  We could have said the same about Ian in relation to NP. 

I remember Ian saying it wasn’t good enough when NP said “we have to manage our expectations”, yet Ian said exactly the same thing in relation to Manning last season. NP had far more reasons for that to be the case. 

People who want Manning to go whatever the results, will be such a minority. But the Manning situation unfortunately can’t be taken in isolation. There’s a lot of history there and expectation, so it’s perfectly understandable people are wondering what on earths happening. 

Spot on.

The discussion on the match itself was fine, although it was difficult to have an alternative view after that performance wasn’t it?  The other stuff was hilarious.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

Yes sometimes he just makes himself sound silly. Too much hyperbole and exaggerated rhetoric. 

• Like 1

Always good to hear the views of an opposition fan on how they rated our performance [and FBC too!]:

Rovers fan here. Score put to one side, that was an enjoyable show. You're all passionate about City but gave the opposition credit too. It was a good watch and interesting to hear your opinions on the game. One question was how much we paid for Ohashi - it was undisclosed but rumour is that it was as low as 100k due to a clause in his contract. If that's true then that's the bargain of the season. From a Rovers fan watching the game, I felt City had no plan B. It reminded me of Rovers under JDT last season. As soon as you go 1 nil down, that's game over. We looked comfortable out of possession and even if City scored at 2-0 I think we would have closed the game down. Under Eustace, we have a plan A, B, C, D depending on the scenario. This was worked on throughout the summer and it is showing this season. I don't know the answer to this but do you think your manager has that? If not, maybe that's something to worry about. If he does then he needs to show it because as we all know this league will eat you up quickly unless you sort yourselves out. Good luck for the season and well done on a great show (and channel).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some very good Scouting to find Ohashi for that- Gueye also has 3 Assists in 4 Games albeit sent off at Burnley so.didnt play yesterday.

The flipside is they are a bit here and now..whereas Armstrong and Mayulu wouldn't be likely to be approaching peak age range for a good 2-3 years. Maybe more.

I’m under the impression that Hirakawa is pretty cheap too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m under the impression that Hirakawa is pretty cheap too.

I look forward to seeing what he can do. Hopefully now he is fully fit and young..had we signed Ohashi as well however. Mind you we would probably have played him out of position or not to his strengths. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some very good Scouting to find Ohashi for that- Gueye also has 3 Assists in 4 Games albeit sent off at Burnley so.didnt play yesterday.

The flipside is they are a bit here and now..whereas Armstrong and Mayulu wouldn't be likely to be approaching peak age range for a good 2-3 years. Maybe more.

They should look good in league one then!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't think we are Relegation fodder but the hype seemed excessive this summer IMO.

I sort of agree with you ........ But our form, results and performances are worrying at the moment, combined with a "coach" who appears to shirk difficult selection decisions, it's not looking to good at the moment!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I sort of agree with you ........ But our form, results and performances are worrying at the moment, combined with a "coach" who appears to shirk difficult selection decisions, it's not looking to good at the moment!

Oh if we keep conceding at this rate it's 101 Goals by May! Clearly we have to improve certain aspects and quick, but a lot of our underlying numbers point to midtableish and the Championship feels less strong this year IMO.

Agreed, hopefully we see a new Starting point this Saturday- Twine central, Yu in, and drop say Williams for one..move Bird deeper.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh if we keep conceding at this rate it's 101 Goals by May! Clearly we have to improve certain aspects and quick, but a lot of our underlying numbers point to midtableish and the Championship feels less strong this year IMO.

Agreed, hopefully we see a new Starting point this Saturday- Twine central, Yu in, and drop say Williams for one..move Bird deeper.

Remember game 1.... QPR away.

The quite literally first thing he worked on was defensive patterns (it wasn't needed)

How does a manager go from , that first.... To where we are now! Football eh!!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

On 15/09/2024 at 14:08, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just watched the first minute of the Podcast.

Lez thinks Twine is our best player?? That's quite the claim.

Lez also said he was happy to pay 4m for him and that plenty of championship clubs would have been in for him. However we appear to of ended up in a bidding war with ourselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Lez also said he was happy to pay 4m for him and that plenty of championship clubs would have been in for him. However we appear to of ended up in a bidding war with ourselves. 

That was another bit that made me laugh.