IGNORED

Apathy

DaveF

There's seem to be more apathy on here than usual, myself included.

I said on the match thread I'm at similar levels of interest now as the Holden days. Very little motivation or interest in watching City as I don't expect to be entertained, and when we lose I don't seem to really care.

Seems like a few other people are feeling the same?

• Like 9

Yes - a tale too familiar. I don't think we'll get relegated and we certainly won't be promoted.

The only excitement is the quality of squad we have on paper. If we can a) get them performing to their genuine ability and b) get a better manager (or Manning miraculously improves) I think we have a decent shot. Not sure the odds of either happening though.

• Like 1

When u hear Manning at his pre game press conference .............state that...... "After the Derby game we have learnt our lesson, and obviously don't intend to repeat it"      and then put in an even worse performance and end up losing by the same 3-0 scoreline.  It is no wonder fans are apathetic, and losing faith.   I feel sorry for any supporter who has had the misfortune to be at both games, at times we really are a sad mess of a club?    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I said on the match thread I'm at similar levels of interest now as the Holden days. Very little motivation or interest in watching City as I don't expect to be entertained, and when we lose I don't seem to really care.

Interesting you picked up on that.   Was thinking of starting the same thread but apathy took the better of me 😀!  Completely agree.   You’d imagine it to be hate filled vitriol on here but people are mostly just sad and pissed off.  Same with mates not on here.  No one seems to be that bothered.   Dangerous in some ways…..imagine it’ll get more lively if next weeks goes south.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DaveF said:

For me we’ve gone from a club heavily utilising its youth system and playing with togetherness, to vague bollocks about “front foot football” and a squad of journeymen. 

I find it hard to be excited about that 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

I think most of us have got to the point where we don't trust the Club to make the right decisions, that we know Manning and this squad aren't top 6, and mid table is the best we can hope for. 

Anything above that, more luck than judgement. 

Performances like today and Derby will imo, become the norm under Manning. 

His stats are terrible. 13 wins from 46 games.

Negative GD. 

I've become punch drunk since LJ and Ashton. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think most of us have got to the point where we don't trust the Club to make the right decisions, that we know Manning and this squad aren't top 6, and mid table is the best we can hope for. 

Negative GD. 

Your playing out from the back thread has some irony tonight!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Negative GD. 

back to 'shit and we know it'  not allowed to progress too far, get within 10 places of a play off place and its pull the plug and sink the ship a bit time only this time,theyve lost the plug,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm at the point where I expect nothing from the game itself - the excitement of the Millwall finale or Blackburn and Southampton or West Ham last season is lovely, but not what I expect. When it comes to the match I am indeed apathetic, the action on the pitch has been dull/disappointing for several years. What I enjoy is the journey and the ritual of a match, home or away...I'm mildly excited about a trip to Swansea and have the train booked for Preston.

As for City's on-field prospects, I can't see us having another exciting season until we've been relegated and are going from promotion from the third tier...again!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Completely agree.  Last season I watched every game, mainly online to be honest. I’ve watched 2 games this season.  Can’t be assed right now. My lad moaned we never go down anymore so going against Oxford but not sure how quickly I will be back.  Got made redundant yesterday so even if I had the money, which I now don’t, I doubt I’d be back soon 

Not just the club, this place as well. The conversations are the same, it feels like there's nothing new to say and what is said, and what threads are started, depends entirely on what the last three results are.

It's just bland. 

I watched from just after the first goal to just after the second today, and this is my first post since. It was shit football, predictable in game changes, and then an entirely predictable series of "thoughts" being posted on here.

• Like 1

I used to shout at the tv, swear at losing, jump about with a last minute winner etc but I hardly care anymore. Not been a season ticket holder for 6 years now and feel more of a follower than a supporter these days, feels sad. To be honest I’ve gone of football in general compared to years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not just the club, this place as well. The conversations are the same, it feels like there's nothing new to say and what is said, and what threads are started, depends entirely on what the last three results are.

It's just bland. 

I watched from just after the first goal to just after the second today, and this is my first post since. It was shit football, predictable in game changes, and then an entirely predictable series of "thoughts" being posted on here.

Which is predictable in of itself!

Love the club, always will. Love seeing my mates on a Saturday, drinking around the ground before and after, the odd away trip and weekend, the familiarity of Ashton Gate. Results couldn’t make me apathetic, we’ve been a nothing club for all of our existence. Style of play couldn’t either. Manning ball is just modern footballs version of turgid Pulis get it launched. We’re only just working out that it’s not popular, that fans don’t want to see the game played by XG and percentages. It’ll all change soon. Manning will be sacked soon. The ownership will make bad decisions, people will get angry, then something good will happen and we will be happy for a bit, then angry again, then ‘apathetic’ again. It is what it is. 

Sky TV deals and the incremental displacement of match going fans is a different story. The rest is just cyclic. Fans come and go and their levels of interest peak and dip throughout their lives. It’s a shame for some life long fans to feel this way but it happens. Season ticket sales tell the real story and they haven’t been sent spiralling by our mediocrity or languish, despite a couple new crises every season. 

4 hours ago, DaveF said:

Before today, I’ve genuinely never watched us concede a goal and just had no feeling towards it. Apathetic beyond any belief I’ve ever had. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

back to 'shit and we know it'  not allowed to progress too far, get within 10 places of a play off place and its pull the plug and sink the ship a bit time only this time,theyve lost the plug,

Like the streets track “fit but you know it”?

we’re not trying to beat you

even though we would like to

you think we are really shit

we’re shit & my god don’t we know it. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, DaveF said:

Spot on. I cope with most things, but I hate being lied to. It shows arrogance and a complete lack of respect when people try and treat you as a fool. 

When the board lied to us over the sacking of Pearson I decided to stop caring until JL goes. Remember the top 6 squad stuff? That was the moment for me. He was treating his paying customers as mugs. Our money was great but he was not prepared to treat us with the respect of honesty. 

I have no respect for people like that and do not want to be associated with them. 

• Flames 1

I need Bristol City . My life is just too great so I’m thankful that they ruin it. 
The bigger picture is that I am bored with the rinse and repeat nature of our club and am much less implicated than in the distant past. 
I don’t trust the management of the club or their competence.
My interest in football in general is hanging by the finest of threads for the reasons you are all familiar with but above all the fact that we are treated like cash cows. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I'm not apathetic, I'm just sad. 

Sad that I bought into another period of austerity because I believed in the plan to use our academy (I for one could tolerate us being average if it came as a result of having a home-grown team that played with pride and passion.)

Sad that I felt a connection with the club that reached beyond first team results. I felt I knew who we were, I knew our identity and it resonated.

Sad that we've shown ourselves to be duplicitous cowards in the treatment of both players and former managers.

Sad that the togetherness in the crowd and around our fanbase has been decimated.

Sad that we are totally powerless and voiceless. 

Sad that Steve really doesn't give a flying **** about the club or his legacy anymore.

Sad that crayola and the blocky tecknik guy are totally safe in their positions.

Sad that the football is so bland and lifeless, copycatting a style of football that has killed the enjoyment of the game. 

Sad that we've never felt further away from success.

Just so unnecessarily and completely sad. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 3