IGNORED

Another Yes Man....

Lots of slagging off of the manager tonight, understandably so...Bad runs also leads to fans being quick to air their opinions about individual players that they don't like (unnecessary, and quite often wrong..)

Point is, people are quick to criticise but we have bought very well this summer, and in Fally Mayulu, we have an absolute gem, he just needs service. This squad is easily good enough for a top 10 finish and, I hope, better

The real problem is Jon Lansdown. After the string of non entity managers that we have had ruining this club over the years, the fan base put out a very clear warning to the ownership after Holden that they appoint another one at their peril which forced SL to go with Big Nige who, whatever you thought of him, was universally recognised as being his own man and this did appease the fanbase.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that he was set up to fail. JL waited until there were enough fans moaning so he could justify (in his head) reverting to his long term plan of employing people that don't actually speak up or challenge his leadership I e. people that know the game better than him and BT (which is a lot of people)..

So, this pretty much rules out anyone with a hint of personality or leadership quality, so is it any real surprise that this is exactly what is reflected on the pitch 

Current performances have all the hallmarks of the final death rattle of LJ's time in charge which is not surprising as both of these coaches play football by numbers, without any real thought..

Unlike some, I am old enough to remember 1982 so I will remain grateful to Steve Lansdown for continuously underwriting the losses of the club. However, if you genuinely have the interests of this club at heart Steve, you must remove your son and BT and appoint a manager capable of running the club or, like the last nearly 10 years, we will go nowhere fast....

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you’re right, then JL will quickly find out LM isn’t a yes-man…if he hasn’t already.

Though they did say they didn't want anybody who didn't think like them so they presumably thought he was.

Mind you since Jon and Brian don't seem to capable of an intelligent thought between them it's a moot point.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Lots of slagging off of the manager tonight, understandably so...Bad runs also leads to fans being quick to air their opinions about individual players that they don't like (unnecessary, and quite often wrong..)

Point is, people are quick to criticise but we have bought very well this summer, and in Fally Mayulu, we have an absolute gem, he just needs service. This squad is easily good enough for a top 10 finish and, I hope, better

You may be right, but its way too early to judge the quality of the recruits.  It may well have been quantity at the expense of quality.

Fally has looked good in spells (& can clearly finish). Sincs can cause mayhem (but may not be able to finish)

McNally has had a good & not so good loan at this level. Let's be honest the lad from Japan is an unknown quantity.

2 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

You may be right, but its way too early to judge the quality of the recruits.  It may well have been quantity at the expense of quality.

Fally has looked good in spells (& can clearly finish). Sincs can cause mayhem (but may not be able to finish)

McNally has had a good & not so good loan at this level. Let's be honest the lad from Japan is an unknown quantity.

Despite claims on here we are miles off top 6 quality. I think the Millwall game sent a few a bit dizzy. I think there is a lot of potential there but name me one side in our league SERIOUS about top 6 that buys Sinclair….

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Despite claims on here we are miles off top 6 quality. I think the Millwall game sent a few a bit dizzy. I think there is a lot of potential there but name me one side in our league SERIOUS about top 6 that buys Sinclair….

I always found it weird that we were going after players due to their physical attributes (Sincs) and not because a certain position needed strengthening. 

2 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

I always found it weird that we were going after players due to their physical attributes (Sincs) and not because a certain position needed strengthening. 

I can see what Armstrong MIGHT become but the fact we bought him should tell you all you need to know regarding how serious we were this season of being at the top end.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

21 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I can see what Armstrong MIGHT become but the fact we bought him should tell you all you need to know regarding how serious we were this season of being at the top end.

I was realistically thinking this could be an element of building. Mayulu and Armstrong aren't Top 6 ready pushing strikers and it can actually backfire if two youngish, relatively raw strikers go through a tough patch...pressure can rocket and it can get pretty bad pretty quickly, vicious circle etc.

(Granted this wasn't what we were sold).

• Thanks 1

We need what we have needed for a while

1. A seasoned striker

2. A competing no 2 goalkeeper.

Jury out on whether we have a playmaker.  Dreadful feeling that Twine will be yet another player who was good in loan period less so when signed.  I would personally, given where we are at this moment, play our young loanee.

Not impressed at this point with summer signings

• Like 1

The striking options is a strange one. We’ve brought in two inexperienced players but gone wild in other positions. It was obvious that we struggle with goals and was my number one priority. 

I thought it was obvious that Armstrong wasn’t going to start scoring goals and Fally just looks lost at times. People were happy to say give them a chance, but they weren’t going to be the answer. Not this season anyway. 

Edited by Jose
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jose said:

The striking options is a strange one. We’ve brought in two inexperienced players but gone wild in other positions. It was obvious that we struggle with goals and was my number one priority. 

I thought it was obvious that Armstrong wasn’t going to start scoring goals and Fally just looks lost at times. People were happy to say give them a chance, but they weren’t going to be the answer. Not this season anyway. 

Think it depends what type of chances we create for them.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think it depends what type of chances we create for them.

I think it’s pretty clear the chances we are going to make for Armstrong. The lad just can’t finish. That said if he could we wouldn’t have been able to sign him. 

I was really excited with Fally after Cov cup game and Millwall introduction but his performances since are worrying. Won’t help getting hooked Saturday at half time when he was given absolutely no service. 

Edited by Jose
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

We need what we have needed for a while

1. A seasoned striker

2. A competing no 2 goalkeeper.

Jury out on whether we have a playmaker.  Dreadful feeling that Twine will be yet another player who was good in loan period less so when signed.  I would personally, given where we are at this moment, play our young loanee.

Not impressed at this point with summer signings

1) Tommy Conway. Had a lot to do yesterday to score that goal. I bet Boro fans are delighted with him. 

2) Dan Bentley (should have kept him as 1st choice, but budget didn’t allow for it). A goalie whilst prone to the odd error could actually dive low with an extended arm to save shots. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

I was really excited with Fally after Cov cup game and Millwall introduction but his performances since are worrying. Won’t help getting hooked Saturday at half time when he was given absolutely no service. 

Likewise to the first bit, I don't care if he does very little all game except stick one or 2 in regularly...