IGNORED

Two crap defeats have destroyed us, really?

reddogkev

6 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Pearson didn’t sign Scott or Semenyo - he simply played our talent (as would any Manager)

Semenyo got multiple loans out although was starting to show signs in 2020-21.

There was also...

Benarous- a real shame.

Bell

Latterly Conway

A revitalisation or proper integration of O'Leary, Pring and most remarkably Vyner- I say that given the views on him in Summer 2022.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There was also...

Benarous- a real shame.

Bell

Latterly Conway

A revitalisation or proper integration of O'Leary, Pring and most remarkably Vyner- I say that given the views on him in Summer 2022.

Don't forget Mannings comments about bringing in U21 players before looking at new signings. That's going well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There was also...

Benarous- a real shame.

Bell

Latterly Conway

But the OP credited Pearson with generating £6m - I can’t see how this is correct-Semenyo got his break under LJ (remember Derby) and Scott was already scouted. He did lots of good but everyone has such rose tinted glasses about his time with us! Starting with this mythical £6m!

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

But the OP credited Pearson with generating £6m - I can’t see how this is correct-Semenyo got his break under LJ (remember Derby) and Scott was already scouted. He did lots of good but everyone has such rose tinted glasses about his time with us! Starting with this mythical £6m!

A poor shape, setup or lack of platform..We had to generate that Profit (Semenyo) possibly even that window for FFP, maybe it would've happened anyway but as asset values can rise as well as fall, so can Player Valuations or form which can have an intrinsic impact on the valuation.

Just look at how Vyner, Knight,  Sykes have regressed or at least claimed a bit, possibly Pring too.

That may also impact upon their Valuation.

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

It’s not about who gives a player a debut / his first break.  Where’s George Dowling (LJ) or Louis Britton (NP) if so, it’s about who develops them, creates their value, makes them a better player that attracts suitors.

Re Semenyo, he got his break under LJ and then sent him on loan to Lg1 Sunderland.  What development was there or value made in those few games when he came back from Newport.  I’d argue Holden gave him his break not LJ, Deano started the Championship development, and Nige grew him.

You seem to want to find any angle to diminish what Nige did here.  Why is that?