IGNORED

The Inevitable Next Manager Thread

REDOXO

Lots of very unhappy City fans today. 

So, if things don’t improve very quickly our young coach will likely get his P45 

With what’s out there (and excluding NP) or who could be poached what and who do people want to take over this squad?

Manager or Coach is a consideration  

Edit

Include NP if you like, why not! 

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

So, if things don’t improve very quickly our young coach will likely get his P45

Not entirely sure that your assertion is correct....he will likely still be here (irrespective of results) in Late Dec.

SL won't react / respond until the last safe moment. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It really doesn’t matter.

Tinnion & Jon Lansdown are the clowns who will be making the selection.

Yeah of course.

However it’s still worth having an opinion on a forum. 

we have lots of sack him now posts, but no this is the bloke for the job posts except for the one Warnock shout! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

Not entirely sure that your assertion is correct....he will likely still be here (irrespective of results) in Late Dec.

SL won't react / respond until the last safe moment. 

I’m really not sure SL cares that much. JL has been told to get off his yacht and run the club apparently. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I’ll put a name out there, if only for the fun of seeing the comments…

Mark Cooper?

Are there any others that have strong or slightly less strong associations with the exception of Moyes. 

Edit. Eff me no not LJ. But the scary thing is they might do it!!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

I’m very much of the opinion we need a manager not a coach. 

A manager would at least say to BT stop interfering you cockwomble! His tenure would be truncated but you just get the feeling this bloke is a bit of a puppet! 

Edit

The second coming of The Life of Brian is worrying. It’s a sign!

I can see it now. BT takes over first team affairs temporarily!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 2

If we get to a point where Manning has to be sacked then surely, surely, the Lansdowns finally have to hold their hands up and say “Yup; it’s us. We are the fundamental problem at this club.”

Sack Cotterill, appoint Johnson, sack Johnson appoint ******* Holden. Finally seem to have made a shrewd appointment in Pearson only to sack him, take a huge gamble on Manning. A gamble that looks very much like it hasn’t paid off.

Why should we trust their judgement any more? They’ve clearly long since demonstrated that they don’t get a thing right re footballing matters.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I have it on good authority that LJ thinks Tinnion is a cock. 

Not happening :laugh:

The Mad Titan Thanos Lansdown playing off his surrogates against each other…I’ve seen this film before, although this is a shitty reboot, he’s not going for infinity stones, but sports teams 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

IF a change is needed.

Mowbray or is he definitely out due to health issues?

No way NP would return...

...There aren't really that many enticing choices out there in the UK that seem realistic for us.

I’ve got this misty eyed unrealistic hope that lightning strikes twice and Nige ‘does a Leicester’, comes back under new ownership, gets us to the Premier League, establishes us in the division for Roberto Mancini to then take up the reigns and win us the title! 

• Like 4
  • Robin 3

6 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Don’t buy the needing a manager bollocks, that’s just people missing Pearson. A coach is fine, we just need a good one

Our current coach might be about to find out you need to manage too…and I’m not just talking about managing players.

This IS the bloke they identified!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Don’t buy the needing a manager bollocks, that’s just people missing Pearson. A coach is fine, we just need a good one

We need someone who should know how a football club works somewhere within the hierarchy (a bridge) 

Basically, Tinnion is that man currently it seems  but not a director of football

A strange structure which doesn’t seem right

• Like 3

1 minute ago, One Team said:

I’ve got this misty eyed unrealistic hope that lightning strikes twice and Nige ‘does a Leicester’, comes back under new ownership, gets us to the Premier League, establishes us in the division for Roberto Mancini to then take up the reigns and win us the title! 

The Bobby Ewing  plot line!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Our current coach might be about to find out you need to manage too…and I’m not just talking about managing players.

This IS the bloke they identified!

Yes, probably because he had all the stats, did a nice PowerPoint and talked a good game...

WAY too much reliance on stats these days. The issue is this is real life, not PlayStation where you don't have to deal with many different personalities and tactics 

Turning up with a spreadsheet and telling the players do that and we'll be fine, doesn't work Jon...

Edited by Scrumpys Dietary Advisor..
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Or even Claudio Ranieri.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Yes, probably because he had all the stats, did a nice PowerPoint and talked a good game...

WAY too much reliance on stats these days. The issue is this is real life, not PlayStation where you don't have to deal with many different personalities and tactics 

Turning up with a spreadsheet and telling the players do that and we'll be fine, doesn't work Jon...

I’m reminded here of what @headhunter said when all the podcasters were invited to the HPC and met Liam.

(sic) “We’ve got a premier league manager there I just hope it’s with us”

And that inherently is one of the issues. HH is an experienced bloke who has knocked around enough to see through all the bullshit but even he heard Liams patter and presentation and made that conclusion - despite, as yet, there being no evidence of it being backed on the pitch.

If we get to the point of recruiting a new manager, does anyone think that the lesser skilled Lansdown and Tinnion could see through any nonsense they spout?

I think most sensible club owners would have thanked Nigel Pearson for his efforts and promoted his staff , if there was a worry over his health issues. 
NP had built a culture that dragged the club up by its bootstraps into which everybody but the idiots at the top bought into and was a great fit for our us. Real football men who commanded respect with their personalities, enthusiasm and knowledge. This has all been sacrificed for bean counting robots who , if it was raining , would check their computers for the weather report. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m reminded here of what @headhunter said when all the podcasters were invited to the HPC and met Liam.

And that inherently is one of the issues. HH is an experienced bloke who has knocked around enough to see through all the bullshit but even he heard Liams patter and presentation and made that conclusion - despite, as yet, there being no evidence of it being backed on the pitch.

If we get to the point of recruiting a new manager, does anyone think that the lesser skilled Lansdown and Tinnion could see through any nonsense they spout?

This is why i dont listen to any podcasts. Full of people who think they know better. 

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not picking on you @headhunter, but in your day job, if he was on your books, you’d be really confident of putting him into an interview with any club and him smashing it, wouldn’t you?  He’s an absolute football nut, it’s his favourite subject.  He’d be able answer any question without missing a beat.  I can only imagine we were very impressed with him.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not picking on you @headhunter, but in your day job, if he was on your books, you’d be really confident of putting him into an interview with any club and him smashing it, wouldn’t you?  He’s an absolute football nut, it’s his favourite subject.  He’d be able answer any question without missing a beat.  I can only imagine we were very impressed with him.

I feel I have made a grave error of judgement with the comment I made ["premier league manager"] which @Silvio Dante refers to earlier in this thread.

LJ was something of a blagger [we've all seen his power point presentation?] but I am forming the opinion that LM takes things to a whole new level!!!!

With regard to Tinnion, his influence is greater than it was during the Pearson era of that there is no doubt. As regards the inflow of players during the most recent window none of the signings leave you scratching your head asking "why" so he avoids criticism on this front. Is BT going to call LM into his office on Monday and say buck your ideas up and play our marquee signing in the position his is best suited to? I think not. 

IIRC from our [FBC] interview with BT, LM does NOT take orders from him but "we talk several times a day" which plays into the narrative of how the club is run these days viz. management by committee - BT, LM, Tom Rawcliffe  working "together" loosely under Jon Lansdown who will always check with his dad to ratify any major decision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

This is why i dont listen to any podcasts. Full of people who think they know better. 

Actually I think I know jack *hit about the finer aspects of the game compared with the likes of @Davefevs, I just like doing the podcast as it allows me to express my opinions along with the others & those who comment on the text feed during our live You Tube recording.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Except it was Jon that said fans are unrealistic and want the club run like Football Manager and then what does Jon do...........sign loads of players with no plan, after already 'twisting' by changing a steady pair of hands manager for a total gamble (young, upcoming forward thinking manager).

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We all know it will be Lee Johnson

Mickey Bell, assisted by Matt Hewlett, with Dean Gerken as goalkeeper coach.

As our “Teknical Director” actually said himself we need continuity when we appoint the next head coach, people who “love the club”.

Jesus wept- basically his mates & mediocrities that won’t wonder WTF he’s in his job.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think most sensible club owners would have thanked Nigel Pearson for his efforts and promoted his staff , if there was a worry over his health issues. 
NP had built a culture that dragged the club up by its bootstraps into which everybody but the idiots at the top bought into and was a great fit for our us. Real football men who commanded respect with their personalities, enthusiasm and knowledge. This has all been sacrificed for bean counting robots who , if it was raining , would check their computers for the weather report. 

Post of the day, Major. We were all on a journey. Now the sat nav's busted and the driver and crew have no idea of which direction to go. Only one destination now and that is to crash and burn.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Mickey Bell, assisted by Matt Hewlett, with Dean Gerken as goalkeeper coach.

As our “Teknical Director” actually said himself we need continuity when we appoint the next head coach, people who “love the club”.

Jesus wept- basically his mates & mediocrities that won’t wonder WTF he’s in his job.

If Tinnion “loved” the club he could do all of us a favour and **** off. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

23 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I feel I have made a grave error of judgement with the comment I made ["premier league manager"] which @Silvio Dante refers to earlier in this thread.

With regard to Tinnion, his influence is greater than it was during the Pearson era of that there is no doubt. As regards the inflow of players during the most recent window none of the signings leave you scratching your head asking "why" so he avoids criticism on this front. Is BT going to call LM into his office on Monday and say buck your ideas up and play our marquee signing in the position his is best suited to? I think not. 

IIRC from our [FBC] interview with BT, LM does NOT take orders from him but "we talk several times a day" which plays into the narrative of how the club is run these days viz. management by committee - BT, LM, Tom Rawcliffe  working "together" loosely under Jon Lansdown who will always check with his dad to ratify any major decision.

Really?

We have signed potential not proven. 2 strikers with absolutely no track record at this level, one of whom has played a decent amount of Championship football already with very, very few goals.

Hirakawa is the son of god on here now (wait until he actually plays 90 minutes) but isn’t even a full international & is definitely a punt.

McNally? Yet another CB (9 senior defenders) with a patchy record at this level.

McGuane? League One squad player.

This doesn’t strike me as our best summer transfer window ever..

Tinnion is responsible for all football operations, how does that work if the guy in charge of the first team doesn’t report to him?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Post of the day, Major. We were all on a journey. Now the sat nav's busted and the driver and crew have no idea of which direction to go. Only one destination now and that is to crash and burn.

Totally agree . Did you see the Plymouth players mobbing Wayne Rooney yesterday when they scored their winner . For all his short comings he appears to have created a togetherness that we used to have and have now lost . The players at least have his achievements in the game to look up to ( if not his personal issues ) to give him the credibility that earns respect . Manning has no such credibility , passion or fire and we now have it seems , a board aloof from the fans and a coaching team aloof from both fans and players . That’ll only end one way sadly 😥

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

Just watching MOTD. Oh just for some passion even anger, in the manner of Silva, Cooper etc

Still pointless speculating, we’ve invested in the scientific approach.

Scientific?! The chemistry is wrong, the physics are amiss and the maths doesn’t work because we add up to less than the sum of our parts. Just because Manning is a passionless football anorak doesn’t make him “scientific”…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Pay Moysey what he wants!

Flippant as this is, it's the avenue I would explore if I was in charge and a change was needed. I am aware that Moyes has a reputation far outreaching us and he'll be in a job in the Prem as soon as a team sacks their manager and needs someone to keep them up. 

However, I look at the way Moyes has been treated since leaving Everton and wonder whether he's tired of the merry-go-round. If we could sell him the dream of building something that is his with 3 years to go and do that. Backing in the market and overall control of everything football related. 

I'd give anything tbh. Pipe dream or otherwise. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really?

We have signed potential not proven. 2 strikers with absolutely no track record at this level, one of whom has played a decent amount of Championship football already with very, very few goals.

Hirakawa is the son of god on here now (wait until he actually plays 90 minutes) but isn’t even a full international & is definitely a punt.

McNally? Yet another CB (9 senior defenders) with a patchy record at this level.

McGuane? League One squad player.

This doesn’t strike me as our best summer transfer window ever..

Tinnion is responsible for all football operations, how does that work if the guy in charge of the first team doesn’t report to him?

I keep saying we've gone for quantity over quality. It makes us resilient to injuries but no more.

It looks like an expansive window compared to the barren recent years but in terms of proven ability at this level, there is very little.

Someone yesterday was saying Fally is a real gem, he has something about him & may turn out to be, but last Yr he was usually sub in the Austrian league & since LG game 2, his performances have been far more miss than hit.

• Flames 1