IGNORED

The Inevitable Next Manager Thread

REDOXO

50 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really?

We have signed potential not proven. 2 strikers with absolutely no track record at this level, one of whom has played a decent amount of Championship football already with very, very few goals.

Hirakawa is the son of god on here now (wait until he actually plays 90 minutes) but isn’t even a full international & is definitely a punt.

McNally? Yet another CB (9 senior defenders) with a patchy record at this level.

McGuane? League One squad player.

This doesn’t strike me as our best summer transfer window ever..

Tinnion is responsible for all football operations, how does that work if the guy in charge of the first team doesn’t report to him?

I did not say it was the best summer transfer window ever. We got the marquee signing [Twine] LM was seemingly going to build the team around to add to Bird, no negatives on Earthy [who West Ham will recall in January I'm sure if he is not getting minutes], McNally was acquired due to injuries. Mayulu, Armstrong & Hirakawa are punts but fit the bill of physicality and wide player. As I said on FBC, we're shopping in the centre isle at Aldi not Waitrose so that being the case what's the alternative when the owner wants to run a sustainable operation? 

If we'd signed Asante instead of the two & kept Seb Palmer-Houlden there may have been fewer complaints in the wake of the past two results

10 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I did not say it was the best summer transfer window ever. We got the marquee signing [Twine] LM was seemingly going to build the team around to add to Bird, no negatives on Earthy [who West Ham will recall in January I'm sure if he is not getting minutes], McNally was acquired due to injuries. Mayulu, Armstrong & Hirakawa are punts but fit the bill of physicality and wide player. As I said on FBC, we're shopping in the centre isle at Aldi not Waitrose so that being the case what's the alternative when the owner wants to run a sustainable operation? 

If we'd signed Asante instead of the two & kept Seb Palmer-Houlden there may have been fewer complaints in the wake of the past two results

Except you were happy to give  a collective round of applause to Tinnion for a great summer window 4 weeks ago.

£4 million on a no.10 isn't shopping in Aldi btw

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Didn’t say you did.

Thomas-Asante is fantasy stuff, why on earth would he choose us over Cov?

Not sure he’s that good, BTW.

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

I keep saying we've gone for quantity over quality. It makes us resilient to injuries but no more.

It looks like an expansive window compared to the barren recent years but in terms of proven ability at this level, there is very little.

Someone yesterday was saying Fally is a real gem, he has something about him & may turn out to be, but last Yr he was usually sub in the Austrian league & since LG game 2, his performances have been far more miss than hit.

I think it was a good window, until it became an indulgent window.

Twine and Earthy.

McNally.

And started to question why we signed TGH at the end of January.

• Like 2

I'm done with LM and, as I put on this thread earlier or another I think I made a grave error of judgement with my comment "we have a premier league manager in waiting" a couple of weeks ago.

Just plucked this from the Bristol Live report - a classic example of verbal diarrhoea, ".....  that’s where you have to be brave and step up and respond as a group and as a collective. Why add the word collective just leave it as respond as a group ffs!!!