IGNORED

Tammy Abraham - The Greatest of them all?

cheddarwedlocker

Scored a goal at San Siro tonight for AC and its made me wonder. Has anyone ever actually hit these heights before, who used to wear our shirt?

Abrahams class, composure and his fight has got him to where he is now, from scrappy tap ins at Burton away, to being our top scorer and arguably the best young striker in the league (on two occasions) Champions League win with Chelsea, England caps and call ups, playing under Mourinho, playing for (imo) the biggest club in Italy.

It doesn’t get much better no?

• Like 1

• Admin
34 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Scored a goal at San Siro tonight for AC and its made me wonder. Has anyone ever actually hit these heights before, who used to wear our shirt?

Abrahams class, composure and his fight has got him to where he is now, from scrappy tap ins at Burton away, to being our top scorer and arguably the best young striker in the league (on two occasions) Champions League win with Chelsea, England caps and call ups, playing under Mourinho, playing for (imo) the biggest club in Italy.

Andy Cole would be my shout.

• Like 8

Only Andy Cole I reckon:

4th highest PL goalscorer in history 

Played 15 times for England 

British transfer record

PL golden boot

5 PL titles, 2 FA cup, 1 League cup and a Champions League

Someone's going to to have to go some way to beat that  

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Andy Cole without doubt, he won a treble.

7 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Andy Cole. Most talented striker to put on the shirt.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

John Atyeo, mate!

I'm going to commit an act of blasphemy here. I'm way too young to remember Atyeo and make a fair comparison but - whilst Atyeo is very possibly the best ever Bristol City striker - I'd argue Cole is the best striker to ever play for Bristol City at some point in his career. Atyeo didn't have much of a top flight career whereas Cole spent his career competing for top flight titles. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm going to commit an act of blasphemy here. I'm way too young to remember Atyeo and make a fair comparison but - whilst Atyeo is very possibly the best ever Bristol City striker - I'd argue Cole is the best striker to ever play for Bristol City at some point in his career. Atyeo didn't have much of a top flight career whereas Cole spent his career competing for top flight titles. 

Partly self inflicted though?

The committee that picked England squads stopped selecting Atyeo because he was part time.

Sure I read we turned down big (relative to the time) money offers from some big European clubs before too.

1 hour ago, Severn Beach Pigeon said:

Partly self inflicted though?

The committee that picked England squads stopped selecting Atyeo because he was part time.

Sure I read we turned down big (relative to the time) money offers from some big European clubs before too.

Probably because Atyeo didn't want to go. 

In those days, things like that mattered.

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

John Atyeo, mate!

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

Probably because Atyeo didn't want to go. 

In those days, things like that mattered.

You mean before agents?

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

By who?

Morons?

Anyone who has read what @Dredd has detailed above regarding his career & still thinks that knows absolutely nothing about football.

A lot of people under appreciate Cole. Not often he is mentioning in the PL forward greats. It’s all Henry, Rooney, Aguero, Drogba etc.

It’s basically the plastic fan base who don’t understand just how good Cole was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/09/2024 at 08:33, LoyalRed said:

Both Cole and Abraham played 41 games for BC, the most successful in that time at our club was Tammy with 23 goals, Cole had 20. 

Semenyo getting a lot of praise right now and rightly so, not sure he will ever fill his trophy cabinet like Cole but I’d expect him to be our highest ever sold on player. At least until scott makes his name a little more

1 minute ago, The Coach said:

A lot of people under appreciate Cole. Not often he is mentioning in the PL forward greats. It’s all Henry, Rooney, Aguero, Drogba etc.

It’s basically the plastic fan base who don’t understand just how good Cole was.

Was in the wrong era to make a bigger splash for England, I think had he got more caps he would be remembered more