IGNORED

So…what were you predicting???

DaveInSA

This is a fun post.

I was predicting 15-18th this season.

Based on a massively risky transfer strategy, a shambolic football set up, losing key experienced professionals and an unproven manager.

The bizarre thing is, that literally 12 months ago this was all in place.

I stand by this prediction. Manning won’t be fired until well Xmas. And the new guy if it’s the right one, will have just enough time to save the season.

My prediction was the same as yours. I could see it coming. Too many summer signings, no apparent plan of how to use them ( chase a no.10 for 8 months, over pay for him, then play him out of position). A dull boring manager that saved himself from the sack last season by going against all his own principles.

Just watch the tippy tippy, sideways, backwards passing next week to beat Oxford 1-0

31 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

This is a fun post.

Based on a massively risky transfer strategy, a shambolic football set up, losing key experienced professionals and an unproven manager.

I stand by this prediction. Manning won’t be fired until well Xmas. And the new guy if it’s the right one, will have just enough time to save the season.

Way it is going expect a relegation battle. No leadership from top to bottom. Shambles all around. Can he release a book? ‘How not to run a football club’ 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Just watch the tippy tippy, sideways, backwards passing next week to beat Oxford 1-0

We’ll need to score two or probably three to beat Oxford SG.. No way we’ll be able to keep a clean sheet especially so as Oxford will be well up for this one. Hope Max has flushed the memory of that first goal yesterday as well, can’t afford any doubts creeping into his game.

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Honestly for the way we played in the first 3 games I thought we could match last seasons finish or slightly improve it…so top 10.

Top six for me. It’s a shame that nearly all on OTIB have already jumped to negative conclusions after a couple of disappointing results and OK LM is young but there are some posters that seem to have knocked him below the belt which is a bit poor. 

it’s still early days but 9 or 10 points out of the next four matches and maybe a draw with it we will all be back on track. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

16th-ish. No faith at all in the manager or the people that hire him. With the season underway, I think it’s possible a relegation battle is on the cards. The ownership have gone all in on Manning. Sacking him early would be another sign of their failure, and it could be too late by the time they do pull the trigger 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

And the new guy if it’s the right one, will have just enough time to save the season.

By the save the season do you mean...

*Pull us into a play-off tilt.

*Pull us up to midtable security.

*Top half.

*Avoid a relegation scrap.

*Keep us up verbatim?

Shouldn't even be thinking of 4 and 5, but...

2 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

This is a fun post.

14th. Based on absolutely nothing 

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Top six for me. It’s a shame that nearly all on OTIB have already jumped to negative conclusions after a couple of disappointing results and OK LM is young but there are some posters that seem to have knocked him below the belt which is a bit poor. 

it’s still early days but 9 or 10 points out of the next four matches and maybe a draw with it we will all be back on track. 

Not just the results though, performances as well. If we win all our remaining games we’ll have a great season, people are calling out that the signs are much more negative than positive currently. Doesn’t mean it can’t be turned around, but would be good to see some more signs of progress given we’re 40+ games into his tenure. Maybe something will click and we’ll be off to the races, but that’s very much ‘if, but, maybe’, whereas some dreadful performances are real. 

Edited by The Swan and Cemetery
  • Like 1

On 15/09/2024 at 11:10, Mr Popodopolous said:

By the save the season do you mean...

*Pull us into a play-off tilt.

*Pull us up to midtable security.

*Top half.

*Avoid a relegation scrap.

*Keep us up verbatim?

Shouldn't even be thinking of 4 and 5, but...

I’m thinking “get us to my prediction of 15-18”

I believe it’s that bad.

• Thanks 1

On 15/09/2024 at 10:05, City oz said:

The drugs are strong down under.

• Like 1