IGNORED

Leaders in the Camp

HengroveReds

Since losing James, King, Weimann - what players have we got whos ‘been there and got the t-short’ experience and can step up to keep the dressing room a float and keep it positive off the back of two 3 nil defeats. 

Wells? Naismith? Cornick even? All probably very frustrated not to be playing.

I feel this is something that we are lacking ‘real leaders’, a lot of our players are young with a lot of game experience but not necessarily leaders who can take the group by the scruff of there kneck. 

If it was me now, I’d go get a an experienced free agent number 2, who can be a massive part of the dressing room and guide Max on. 

Darren Randolph? Wayne Hennessy? 

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Since losing James, King, Weimann - what players have we got whos ‘been there and got the t-short’ experience and can step up to keep the dressing room a float and keep it positive off the back of two 3 nil defeats. 

I feel this is something that we are lacking ‘real leaders’, a lot of our players are young with a lot of game experience but not necessarily leaders who can take the group by the scruff of there kneck. 

If it was me now, I’d go get a an experienced free agent number 2, who can be a massive part of the dressing room and guide Max on. 

Thoughts?

wouldnt surprise me if they have been silenced, its their way or the highway now

• Like 3

The worry always was of this happening when Pearson went and the likes of King, Weimann and James followed.

I’ve said it before on here but nobody left at this club has any experience whatsoever of being successful at this level. We have a technical director who is a failed manager at the level below, a chairman with no record at all and a manager with a mixed record in League One. I sincerely hope they turn this around, but if we continue to struggle it will be no surprise to me.

• Like 2

My concern is whether we are losing the togetherness Nigel built up. Players beginning to argue with each other is not a good sign.

In fact leadership is precisely what Nigel brought. Indeed when Nigel was sacked Andi Weimann thanked him for teaching him so much about leadership.

Manning on the other hand comes across to me as an uninspiring technocrat. In any senior job technical skills are never enough on their own.

Not things the people running the club would really recognise, having no discernible leadership skills of their own.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why King wasn't offered a Coaching position also is hard to fathom in the context of early Summer 2024.

27 minutes ago, BITW said:

I was really surprised when we didn’t offer James a contact. Massive miss on and off the pitch. 

Oh I think we can guess 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why King wasn't offered a Coaching position also is hard to fathom in the context of early Summer 2024.

I expect because hes been there and done it, having a coach undermime the head coach the board identified would be a huge realisation they picked the wrong bloke

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HengroveReds said:

Thoughts?

That type, yes. Someone who can step in for a bit if Max is injured or starts passing to opposition centre forwards for fun but, more importantly, a wise old head in a dressing room of virtual ******* gutless pansies right now. I'm honestly not sure the Head Coach and his Assistant would welcome that though otherwise they would have made such an obvious acquisition weeks ago........wouldn't they? The Devils Advocate position with experience is that if experience works out that you don't know what you are doing then you are bang in trouble...................before you can blink everybody knows it.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1