IGNORED

Arsenal - world class side

Shauntaylor85

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Simply sublime. No better side in Europe defensively. Arteta is top class. Winning the title this year no doubt. What do they do? Play it simple. Basically a 4.4.2! 

No doubt? Fancy a wager? Man City win it again with the freak up top. 

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

They defended well today granted but thought Spurs could have played all evening and not scored.

Are Spurs ever going to push on?  I look at that team and bar Son nothing to get excited about in the final third. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If Man City beat them next Sunday then with a 5 point gap it will be game over already. 

Only way Arsenal win the league is if City get found guilty. 

Credit where credit is due.....you are naive if you believe it is that simple?    Arsenal have the best   central defensive unit in the Prem/Europe?,  Saliba and Gabriel are outstanding..........to state that should Man City win next week,  that it is all over is just dumb IMO.  Arsenal can grind out results away from home, when even their top 2/3 players are absent, which indicates to me that this will go to the wire.   The best 2 sides in England will be neck and neck throughout the season..............and i am looking forward to Arsenal breaking the Man City Monopoly?

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Credit where credit is due.....you are naive if you believe it is that simple?    Arsenal have the best   central defensive unit in the Prem/Europe?,  Saliba and Gabriel are outstanding..........to state that should Man City win next week,  that it is all over is just dumb IMO.  Arsenal can grind out results away from home, when even their top 2/3 players are absent, which indicates to me that this will go to the wire.   The best 2 sides in England will be neck and neck throughout the season..............and i am looking forward to Arsenal breaking the Man City Monopoly?

Hardly would be neck and neck with a 5 point gap would it?

58 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was only today they tweaked it to a 442 as Rice and Odegaard were out. 

I watch them live a lot Kid, my wife is a season ticket holder. They do push up to a 4.4.2 quite regularly actually. 

3 hours ago, TDarwall said:

Fine till about March when they'll collapse as per usual.

They didn’t collapse. They had one freak result v Villa. This year they’ll win it. 

18 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I watch them live a lot Kid, my wife is a season ticket holder. They do push up to a 4.4.2 quite regularly actually. 

They didn’t collapse. They had one freak result v Villa. This year they’ll win it. 

What's your point? Its easy to play any formation when you have top quality players.

It was more of a narrow than a conventional 4-4-2 at best.

There is a reason why top Club and International sides don't play the traditional 4-4-2 IMO.

This by few metrics is a traditional 4-4-2..

Screenshot_20240916-144216_Chrome.thumb.jpg.58174510956d84f5b3fea486592bef34.jpg

White is a CB playing RB? Unsure what the first position of Timber is.

Trossard and Havertz are not typical strikers. In some ways it seems like a 4-4-2-0 or a 4-4-2-0.