IGNORED

Arsenal - world class side

Shauntaylor85

34 minutes ago, maxjak said:

"How many times have you seen a ref put it on the whistle indicate direct free kick?"     Me think's i get what u are attempting to communicate, in your own quaint way?     In the heat of a stressful high pressure match thing' s    happen.........but i do   not agree with pettiness ruining a great game of football?  How can an over the top tackle that could result in an injury be compared to kicking a ball away..yet they both get a yellow card.  The Man City v Arsenal game was reduced to a farce in the 2nd half, instead of what could have been a great occasion involving two excellent sides?  The punishment does not fit the crime IMO.  And your  comment calling Trossard a bellend is just sad,..............😜.                 

That wasn’t the question asked and you didnt answer it anwayso If a ref blows his whistle to stop the game (puts its on the whistle) players cant kick the ball away. The ref did that and indicated direct free kick and Trossard kicked the ball away theres offences there and delaying a restart is a mandatory yellow. Trossard the bellend chose to go yellow.

How can an over the top tackle that could result in an injury be compared to kicking a ball away.. Its isnt and serious (excessive dangerous endangering opponent) foul play is a red card. 

36 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I always believe that the referee should make every attempt to keep 22 players on the pitch if possible, but their hands are tied by the petty officialdom of rulemakers who never played the game at a high level. Obviously a terrible or dangerous tackle has to be punished, but to see a game ruined by petty rules pisses me off?

Tbf at first I thought the foul was worthy of a yellow but I dont think the ref would have gave it based on the reasons you state and he then kicks the ball away so gave the ref no option.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Super said:

We will see. They have taken 7 points from 3 difficult away games. They'll be happy.

Plus it's 3 unbeaten against city so they're certainly on the same level now. It's the games against lesser teams who can break them quickly on the counter that is sometimes a problem 

9 hours ago, 2015 said:

I am glad to see coaches are picking up on the fact you can tactically nullify Man City.

It's happened in Europe for years, that's why City only have won 1 Champions League. Coaches in Europe are clever enough to nullify them and play on the percentages (Inter last wednesday, Real Madrid in April).

Arsenal did similar yesterday and have got hammered for it. 10 MEN all of the second half, they'd of snatched your hand off for a point at half time, despite them conceding in the 98th minute. 

Man City were the ones rattled for the majority of the game yesterday i'm afraid. They hate it when teams don't let them just pass straight through them and score.

When watching it I was thinking arsenal could quite easily have been a Italian side from the 90s/00's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Man City rarely drop points. They go on ridiculous runs. They will drop points but no where near as many as Arsenal will so I'm not sure how a point suits Arsenal in that context.

Rodri likely out for the season could mean they drop points than usual 

6 hours ago, Mendip Broadwalk said:

That wasn’t the question asked and you didnt answer it anwayso If a ref blows his whistle to stop the game (puts its on the whistle) players cant kick the ball away. The ref did that and indicated direct free kick and Trossard kicked the ball away theres offences there and delaying a restart is a mandatory yellow. Trossard the bellend chose to go yellow.

How can an over the top tackle that could result in an injury be compared to kicking a ball away.. Its isnt and serious (excessive dangerous endangering opponent) foul play is a red card. 

I saw a player in the Arsenal v Brighton game kick the ball away and not get booked to just name one instance?

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

I get what you are saying but footballers are supposed to be professional. Some are paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a week to do a job on the pitch for a few hours a week.For those few hours they are expected to perform within the laws of the game.If they cannot manage to do that for ninety minutes, why is it the refs fault?It is the players that have let the club and the fans down with their petulance.Arsenal players should have been particularly aware of this after the Declan Rice sending off.When the rest of us go to work we have to toe the line for forty hours or whatever every week.

I am not blaming refs?  I am blaming the rule makers that introduce rules that do not allow refs to use any common sense, and they are often officials who have never played high level football, and so do not understand some aspects of way the game is played; I still do not understand how a toe nail constitutes offside..........Ha!

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

I am not blaming refs?  I am blaming the rule makers that introduce rules that do not allow refs to use any common sense, and they are often officials who have never played high level football, and so do not understand some aspects of way the game is played; I still do not understand how a toe nail constitutes offside..........Ha!

The bottom line is football is governed by a set of rules.Referees are employed to enforce those rules.Footballers are employed to play the game adhering to the rules that are laid out.I agree with you that there have been some annoying in my opinion unnecessary rule changes in recent years,however if footballers can't or won't play within the rules they are letting their clubs and supporters down.

8 hours ago, Fpcity said:

Plus it's 3 unbeaten against city so they're certainly on the same level now. It's the games against lesser teams who can break them quickly on the counter that is sometimes a problem 

I don't think it's possible to say Arsenal are at the same level until they win the Premier league and then do it over and over again. Because thats the level Man City are at. 

They are very close title rivals for sure. 

But on the same level? I'm not so sure. Man City go very deep every season in most competitions whilst also winning the Premier league. That's the level City are at. 

I'm not sure getting a point at the etihad compares to all of that. 

7 hours ago, maxjak said:

I saw a player in the Arsenal v Brighton game kick the ball away and not get booked to just name one instance?

different scenario and different restart where a ref isnt blowing the whistle ?? and isnt indicating direct free kick and then a player kicks the ball away. so where are these instances where a ref blows the whistle to stop the game indicates direct free kick and a player kicks the ball away and doesnt get booked??

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think it's possible to say Arsenal are at the same level until they win the Premier league and then do it over and over again and have  115 charges brought against them by the EPL. Because thats the level Man City are at. 

They are very close title rivals for sure. 

But on the same level? I'm not so sure. Man City go very deep every season in most competitions whilst also winning the Premier league. That's the level City are at. 

I'm not sure getting a point at the etihad compares to all of that. 

3 hours ago, Mendip Broadwalk said:

different scenario and different restart where a ref isnt blowing the whistle ?? and isnt indicating direct free kick and then a player kicks the ball away. so where are these instances where a ref blows the whistle to stop the game indicates direct free kick and a player kicks the ball away and doesnt get booked??

Howard Webb....Head of referee's stated that Pedro should have been booked, and that a mistake was made by the officials in charge....."kicking a ball away",,,,,,,,,is Surprisingly  ....... "delaying a restart by kicking a ball away"   Referee's are fallible you know.............as indicated by the numbers of letters of apology sent out (20) by the FA this season in just the Prem alone?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Howard Webb....Head of referee's stated that Pedro should have been booked, and that a mistake was made by the officials in charge....."kicking a ball away",,,,,,,,,is Surprisingly  ....... "delaying a restart by kicking a ball away"   Referee's are fallible you know.............as indicated by the numbers of letters of apology sent out (20) by the FA this season in just the Prem alone?

comparing this to a ball going off for a throw in no whistle blown to stop the game no signal for a direct free kick is apples and oranges. the two incidents are very different  sketches for DTR. 

Howard Webb wasnt the ref the actual ref looked at the incident of DTR re Pedro and the ref who officiated that chucked clear direct and impactful from refs guidance at what he saw at that time a ball off the pitch and a  throw in and decided for that particular incident no yellow.  

Thats your points answered but keep you swerving the question how many times is it have you seen a ref blow his whistle to stop the game and indicate a direct free kick (arm at 45) and a player kicks the ball away and the ref does not give a yellow card? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

comparing this to a ball going off for a throw in no whistle blown to stop the game no signal for a direct free kick is apples and oranges. the two incidents are very different  sketches for DTR. 

Howard Webb wasnt the ref the actual ref looked at the incident of DTR re Pedro and the ref who officiated that chucked clear direct and impactful from refs guidance at what he saw at that time a ball off the pitch and a  throw in and decided for that particular incident no yellow.  

Thats your points answered but keep you swerving the question how many times is it have you seen a ref blow his whistle to stop the game and indicate a direct free kick (arm at 45) and a player kicks the ball away and the ref does not give a yellow card? 

1 hour ago, Mendip Broadwalk said:

Yawn...........You have set your own agenda..........and.I no longer have any interest.               

Edited by maxjak

Just now, Mendip Broadwalk said:

no surprises there mind you didnt know the difference between delaying the restart and serious foul play. Give you a whistle to ref a game you would get it stuck in your ear.

OH!  Jesus on a surfboard!  You really are the ultimate pedant.........over and out. 😜

22 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Man City rarely drop points. They go on ridiculous runs. They will drop points but no where near as many as Arsenal will so I'm not sure how a point suits Arsenal in that context.

Because it’s Man City away? They haven’t lost at home in 2 years. Arsenal did City at home last year and could well do again so IMO it’s a better point for Arsenal - maybe more so before game than the way it actually played out

Given that Many City have two more points than Arsenal I would imagine they would be pretty happy drawing both home and away fixtures against them therefore maintaining their two point advantage over them and preventing Arsenal gaining any ground?

20 hours ago, Slacker said:

Given that Many City have two more points than Arsenal I would imagine they would be pretty happy drawing both home and away fixtures against them therefore maintaining their two point advantage over them and preventing Arsenal gaining any ground?

Yes but drawing at the Emirates isn't a given, especially considering they lost there last year.

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Yes but drawing at the Emirates isn't a given, especially considering they lost there last year.

Absolutely right,there are no guarantees. Just saying I imagine Man City would probably be the happier to have two draws if it does happen.