IGNORED

Schumacher gone at Stoke

BobBobBobbin

3 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

As per title. 

I've always quite liked him, tbh. Surprised it hasn't worked out there. 

Stoke are a bit like Sunderland were a few years ago where 4 or 5 very decent managers at this level have gone there and not been able to work. Schumacher, Alex Neil, Michael O'Neill and Gary Rowett are all decent managers and none of them have been able to make the job work. I think that probably says more about the club than it does about Schumacher. I hope he gets an opportunity elsewhere (and would have no objection at all to elsewhere being BS3).

• Like 11

He was one that was on my list as a coach I wouldn’t have minded here. To keep pace with Ipswich as he did at Plymouth took some doing and had we gone for him when Pearson went it would have made a degree of sense. I get the impression he walked into a bit of a shitshow at Stoke as well.

Put it this way, if we sacked LM tomorrow, it wouldn’t be an appointment that wasn’t worth looking at.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He was one that was on my list as a coach I wouldn’t have minded here. To keep pace with Ipswich as he did at Plymouth took some doing and had we gone for him when Pearson went it would have made a degree of sense. I get the impression he walked into a bit of a shitshow at Stoke as well.

Put it this way, if we sacked LM tomorrow, it wouldn’t be an appointment that wasn’t worth looking at.

I’m still in favour with Manning but he would’ve always been very high on the list. Not a real shock Plymouth have gone down hill since he left and he’s looked impressive at Stoke for the most part. Only think it’s worth sacking managers this early on if it gets disastrous and that’s certainly not the case with Stoke

36 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Do we really need to wait for tomorrow.....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Thought he was turning it around under a new structure, only a couple of weeks ago they hammered Middlesbrough 4-0 in their back yard in the cup. Very harsh in my eyes after 5 games 

I've looked at that game, statistically that was a weird anomaly. Both sides made varied changes too.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bit of an outlier of a result to say the least. Underlying numbers diverge massively from the end Result, Results have a tendency to be underpinned by Performance medium to long run.

Ahhh, lies, damned lies and statistics, 5-0 away at Boro' and you're knocking it? 

Maybe Stoke sat back a bit and let Boro' have as much of the ball as they liked knowing they could hit them on the break ? It was a perfect away performance. In fairness it was a cup game so chances are they were weakened teams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Ahhh, lies, damned lies and statistics, 5-0 away at Boro' and you're knocking it? 

Maybe Stoke sat back a bit and let Boro' have as much of the ball as they liked knowing they could hit them on the break ? It was a perfect away performance. In fairness it was a cup game so chances are they were weakened teams

Not knocking it, very good result but usually that ratio regresses to the norm over time.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Generally you don't score anything like 5 Goals from 12 Shots and of those 5 Shots on Target.

That game aside, seems a bit of a harsh sacking albeit Stoke are not known for their patience post Relegation.. 

Agreed, seems a bit hasty, must have someone set up to come in

• Like 1

I mean we did beat them 3-0 and they weren’t very good but this is the Championship where basically anything can happen each week .

They don’t seem to get any better no matter who the manager is or who signs.

Sounds like someone is being lined up which is what our lot do but as proven isn’t always the answer !

It’s not even as if their fans wanted him gone particularly which hasn’t always been the case with our managers .

Edited by Markthehorn
  • Like 1

Odd time to sack him. I presume they did it right now with 2 winnable home games coming up this week, including home to Fleetwood for a place in the 4th round of the league cup.

It would be difficult to sack him for a while if they won both of those. A bit like when Nige got the bullet, if they’ve made their minds up grab the first opportunity. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Why on earth would he come to Ashton Gate, just be walking into another shitshow !

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Really? They are above us in the table and we are an established Championship club!

Respectfully we’re 5 games in you can’t really say for certain a team is better than the other at this stage. If you look at last season they were never in any danger but the manager after him dragged them into that relegation battle