IGNORED

Selling well for Saturday- Family Day

Mr Popodopolous

Been looking at Home Areas and I dunno whether there is a glitch in the system but it seemed to show a handful of tickets available in N40?? (Atyeo of course).

Anyway...

Dolman- 353 Seats Left

South Stand- 297 Seats Left

N40- For some weird reason it states 6 Seats available??

We know the Lansdown can release in batches at times but for the record as per the site..

662 Seats listed. The usual caveat on releasing in batches possibly?

In respect of tickets sold, surely our highest of the Season so far?

• Admin
12 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Expecting 24k on Saturday - we know what normally happens when we have such a big crowd - the team don’t turn up!

Lets hope the players do this Saturday as we and Manning need a result!

22k sold, Take out the 3400 sold by Oxford, have we sold that many additional tickets than normal?

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems to suggest at the Oxford end 3,500 at least.weirdly.

353, 297 in the Dolman and South left.. 

How do they release tickets in the Lansdown? As in what %..I know that can be a bit different.

Oxford end.

I know the Police are treating this game as a higher level of threat, so maybe additional police allows for a higher allocation?

Odd though that nobody seems to get more than 3401 normally

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

I know the Police are treating this game as a higher level of threat, so maybe additional police allows for a higher allocation?

Maybe Oxford have misposted, all a bit odd- the oddest bit though is that I'm sure I saw yesterday several tickets in N40 on our ticket site.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe Oxford have misposted, all a bit odd- the oddest bit though is that I'm sure I saw yesterday several tickets in N40 on our ticket site.

I know it was only Willem, but the same thing happened for a short time for that game

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phantom said:

I know we have no recent history with Oxford ( usually different divisions ) but as far as I’m aware they cause quite significant problems when they play our friends north of the river , with playing them and local station is parkway there not really in and around town but when you play city and arrive at temple meads your straight into the heart of the town or Bemmy much easier to cause problems 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, redkev said:

I know we have no recent history with Oxford ( usually different divisions ) but as far as I’m aware they cause quite significant problems when they play our friends north of the river , with playing them and local station is parkway there not really in and around town but when you play city and arrive at temple meads your straight into the heart of the town or Bemmy much easier to cause problems 

My thoughts too, they have caused problems with Rovers home and away over the past few seasons.

My memory of going to their old ground for a 0-0 was around the chaos around the ground before and after the game, sadly I have a feeling there could be scenes of disorder outside of the ground 

Just now, phantom said:

My thoughts too, they have caused problems with Rovers home and away over the past few seasons.

My memory of going to their old ground for a 0-0 was around the chaos around the ground before and after the game, sadly I have a feeling there could be scenes of disorder outside of the ground 

This is there biggest game of the season ( fans wise in my eyes ) add the manning factor who there not happy with Saturday could be lively 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, redkev said:

Their history with the inbreds stretches back to before when I lived in Oxford (1993-97) - don't know what drove it, but there was no love. Don't think there's any real 'beef' with us, though? The friend of mine enemy, and all that...

PS: don't be fooled by dreaming spires and all that, having been in with the home fans at the old Manor, Oxford fans can be as...committed as anyone else...🤨

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Their history with the inbreds stretches back to before when I lived in Oxford (1993-97) - don't know what drove it, but there was no love. Don't think there's any real 'beef' with us, though? The friend of mine enemy, and all that...

PS: don't be fooled by dreaming spires and all that, having been in with the home fans at the old Manor, Oxford fans can be as...committed as anyone else...🤨

I remember them being on the EE in the early 70s,

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Occasional Oxford poster here - I go to pretty much every away game and in recent years there has been a negligible amount of trouble and that includes at Rovers. For some reason Thames Valley Police have forced into us the odd lunchtime kick-off but most fans don't understand why. While our ground is obviously lacking in certain elements (ie 4 stands!) and deserves some criticism, absolutely nothing matches the terrible view from Rovers away terrace while at the same time being abused from the stand above. There's always some edge, but nothing to write home about,

Obviously Saturday will have it's own unique atmosphere given the nature of Manning's departure last year but that should be pretty much be a terrace thing, I'd be surprised at anything else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Manor Born said:

Obviously Saturday will have it's own unique atmosphere given the nature of Manning's departure last year but that should be pretty much be a terrace thing, I'd be surprised at anything else. 

Saturday could yet turn into a unique occasion of all four stands shouting abuse at him

What is the general feeling towards him, I always assumed he did well for Oxford and just left for the bigger opportunity that often happens in football - much to fans angst

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Saturday could yet turn into a unique occasion of all four stands shouting abuse at him

What is the general feeling towards him, I always assumed he did well for Oxford and just left for the bigger opportunity that often happens in football - much to fans angst

When we were at QPR last year , just after he was appointed , me and a mate were on an early train and there were a few young scrotes from Oxford ( I think they were in London that day) . They had some less than favourable chants about him then. I'd say he is not popular through their fan base .  

4 hours ago, phantom said:

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

When we were at QPR last year , just after he was appointed , me and a mate were on an early train and there were a few young scrotes from Oxford ( I think they were in London that day) . They had some less than favourable chants about him then. I'd say he is not popular through their fan base .  

From the little bits I've read on the Oxford forum, some of their fans really don't like LM.