IGNORED

U21 v Bromly

frenchred

What an enjoyable watch that was last night

Played a 3-4-1-2 formation that everyone looked comfortable with,  became a 5 when Bromley attacked

Some good football, 2 great goals and plenty of attacking intent

Think I'll go to these instead of the borefest served up trying to play manning ball!

PXL_20240916_174419205.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Played a 3-4-1-2 formation that everyone looked comfortable with,  became a 5 when Bromley attacked

Think I'll go to these instead of the borefest served up trying to play manning ball!

3-4-1-2…. I thought we were supposed to be playing the same way from top to bottom of the club…. Maybe there’s some hope for Saturday? 
Do you know whether LM attended the game? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

3-4-1-2…. I thought we were supposed to be playing the same way from top to bottom of the club…. Maybe there’s some hope for Saturday? 

Didn't see him but that's not to say he wasn't there

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Think the club are inconsistent by what they mean by “playing the same way”.  I’ve heard “same formation”, but also “same style”.

For me, we shouldn’t be ingraining formation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

That’s the one. I’m concerned the U21s aren’t following the example set by the first team 😂

How about the u21's play on Saturday and the first team see what they've been doing wrong or we could just swap the coaches!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes they did.

Did they actually forget it or did the ref deem too much of a colour clash. Thought it bizarre at the weekend when Arsenal wore their away kit at Spurs because the ref deemed their Red/White against Spurs White/Navy Blue too much if a clash. Looked to me that there was more of a clash with their away kit. The Spurs defence certainly couldn't see Gabriel as he headed in from 4 yards. 

24 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Did they actually forget it or did the ref deem too much of a colour clash. Thought it bizarre at the weekend when Arsenal wore their away kit at Spurs because the ref deemed their Red/White against Spurs White/Navy Blue too much if a clash. Looked to me that there was more of a clash with their away kit. The Spurs defence certainly couldn't see Gabriel as he headed in from 4 yards. 

Yep, they forgot it.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Antman said:

should have made them play skins

Jumpers for goalposts, next goal wins ( even if you're 7-0 down) and the game is over when the lad, who's ball it is, has to go home for his tea! 🙂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, frenchred said:

What's the situation with access to the HPC?...

is it season ticket holders only??

2 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Thanks - sorry to grill you! - what's the parking situation??

I think they were allowing you to park in the training ground on Monday, although I parked in the school next door. There is always plenty of parking around there, school next door, school opposite, cricket club, on road round the corner

• Thanks 1