IGNORED

Toto Schillaci

Silvio Dante

My mother is Sicilian and that World cup was very special as not too many Sicilian footballers had graced the biggest stage at all- Toto was a strange one, played for Messina for 7 or 8 years, joined Juve in 89 and then got picked for Italy squad after just one cap- but he had a great World Cup in what was a great team that should have won it especially on home  soil.

Never really hit the heights of that thereafter, but was prolific in Japan and won J League from memory.

RIP TOTO- great memories

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

My mother is Sicilian and that World cup was very special as not too many Sicilian footballers had graced the biggest stage at all- Toto was a strange one, played for Messina for 7 or 8 years, joined Juve in 89 and then got picked for Italy squad after just one cap- but he had a great World Cup in what was a great team that should have won it especially on home  soil.

Never really hit the heights of that thereafter, but was prolific in Japan and won J League from memory.

RIP TOTO- great memories

Mate. As soon as I heard the news this morning my first thought was of you and your family and the chats we had years and years back about Toto and Italia 90.
Provided some great memories in what was one of the best World Cup tournaments. 

I hope you’re keeping well mate. 

RIP Toto 🇮🇹 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Mate. As soon as I heard the news this morning my first thought was of you and your family and the chats we had years and years back about Toto and Italia 90.
Provided some great memories in what was one of the best World Cup tournaments. 

I hope you’re keeping well mate. 

RIP Toto 🇮🇹 

Ah cheers mate- yeah we had some good nights chatting about the old world cups and Bats and Rats 😂.

Yeah I’m well mate be good to have a pre match beer if you fancy catching up soon?

Toto and Roger Milla were my top takeaway memories from Itailia 90, probably my fave WC tournament, atmosphere and vibes were just intoxicating to this 15 year old!

Everything from the music to Klinsmans double somersault with pike.

Will forever be envious of any England fan that made it out to that tournament.

Toto, thanks for the memories, may you transcend peacefully.