IGNORED

Distribute tickets enquiry

Bernard Lerring

Am after some City website advice please...

I bought a number of tickets at once and want to send them to the individual owners before the game (to overcome different arrival times etc).

It looks the way to do this is the "distribute tickets" function. But that's greyed out, meaning I can't do it. 

Any advice as to why that is, or how I fix it?

I'm loathe to spend 45 mins on the phone to get the club to sort this out! Thanks

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Am after some City website advice please...

I bought a number of tickets at once and want to send them to the individual owners before the game (to overcome different arrival times etc).

It looks the way to do this is the "distribute tickets" function. But that's greyed out, meaning I can't do it. 

Any advice as to why that is, or how I fix it?

I'm loathe to spend 45 mins on the phone to get the club to sort this out! Thanks

If you contact Jerry he can arrange to have actual tickets emailed to you, you will then be able to forward each attachment

Otherwise as explained above, but all the people need to have Bristol Sport accounts

Personally the first option is the quickest and easiest for youj

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

If you contact Jerry he can arrange to have actual tickets emailed to you, you will then be able to forward each attachment

Otherwise as explained above, but all the people need to have Bristol Sport accounts

Personally the first option is the quickest and easiest for youj

Why do they not have this as an option when you buy them, what exactly have they gained by removing it?

• Admin
39 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Why do they not have this as an option when you buy them, what exactly have they gained by removing it?

That is not a question that I can answer, but assume that it is because tickets "should" be able to be forwarded to people on their Bristol Sport accounts

When you speak to Jerry ask him, and perhaps update us on here as to why?

• Admin
Just now, Benneythered said:

I feel the club have not fully got to grips with digital tickets yet, the whole system they have is full of issues and everyone seems to have to use work arounds all over the place to do simple tasks.

Not sure that is fare, the number of physical tickets requested dropped this summer and we are talking about over 23,000 people and maybe a very small handful at most with an issue.

Very often it is down to user error, but occasionally it is an IT issue

• Like 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

All sorted by Jerry, top man thanks

The lack of option to do this "self serve" is baffling and massively inefficient!

Whilst I do understand your predicament (I had the same problem / solution with ten England U21 tickets I bought), I understand it is a very low number that request this additional option, so kind of explains why it is not there anymore

The club like many others are trying to go ticketless so understand why this isn't an open option

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not sure that is fare, the number of physical tickets requested dropped this summer and we are talking about over 23,000 people and maybe a very small handful at most with an issue.

Very often it is down to user error, but occasionally it is an IT issue

Just going by my own experience using it all as a tech person and from what others have told me. For example the first game, nobodys ticket would scan so they were giving out paper ones, thats the system not the people with tickets, not having it functioning for the first game of a the season is pretty poor. I get every program has its problems and im not having a go, im just saying it like many things has lots of room to improve, if they want people to use it and buy into paperless tickets it has to work at the same level or better than paper tickets previously did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

That is not a question that I can answer, but assume that it is because tickets "should" be able to be forwarded to people on their Bristol Sport accounts

When you speak to Jerry ask him, and perhaps update us on here as to why?

Not sure if it was you (I think it was), who I previously spoke to about digital tickets, so apologies if it wasn't. My mate bought tickets that went into his phone wallet but taking a screenshot and forwarding on doesn't work as there was no QR code. There was no option whatsoever to print any tickets either. At the time as far as I knew he had to scan everyone in at the same time, so if you don't travel together it is just a bit daft. If you don't all travel together then you have to wait outside until everyone is there or hope you get a signal in the concourse, so if someone turned up at a different time to go out and meet them to scan them in. It is a pretty poor setup imo, assuming it is still the same as that.

Surely they can just have the option to print them at home, or forward an attachment? There shouldn't really be the need to contact the SLO to forward a ticket by email imo.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Benneythered said:

Just going by my own experience using it all as a tech person and from what others have told me. For example the first game, nobodys ticket would scan so they were giving out paper ones, thats the system not the people with tickets, not having it functioning for the first game of a the season is pretty poor. I get every program has its problems and im not having a go, im just saying it like many things has lots of room to improve, if they want people to use it and buy into paperless tickets it has to work at the same level or better than paper tickets previously did.

I certainly don't disagree with you on most of the above, but the actual numbers that needed reprints was very low compared to the actual numbers at the game,but agree it shouldn't happen. 

Villa for comparison had complete collapse of system and had massive issues at first home game - I'd assume it's the companies installing these products at fault. Believe me I'm the first to jump on anything our club does badly for supporters 

When I travel by train I still see people having problems with tickets, so if a national rail business can't get it sorted I'd guess we won't 

43 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Not sure if it was you (I think it was), who I previously spoke to about digital tickets, so apologies if it wasn't. My mate bought tickets that went into his phone wallet but taking a screenshot and forwarding on doesn't work as there was no QR code. There was no option whatsoever to print any tickets either. At the time as far as I knew he had to scan everyone in at the same time, so if you don't travel together it is just a bit daft. If you don't all travel together then you have to wait outside until everyone is there or hope you get a signal in the concourse, so if someone turned up at a different time to go out and meet them to scan them in. It is a pretty poor setup imo, assuming it is still the same as that.

Surely they can just have the option to print them at home, or forward an attachment? There shouldn't really be the need to contact the SLO to forward a ticket by email imo.

I honestly don't remember the above, but doesn't mean we've not spoken about it. 

I honestly don't know the answer why, I can certainly raise it with the club at a future meeting if you would like me to, but I'd guess it's to do with costs somewhere along the lines as its been removed as an option 

Thankfully we do have Jerry to fall back on for help as I hear from other clubs that there is no plan b

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I honestly don't know the answer why, I can certainly raise it with the club at a future meeting if you would like me to, but I'd guess it's to do with costs somewhere along the lines as its been removed as an option 

Thankfully we do have Jerry to fall back on for help as I hear from other clubs that there is no plan b

I'm no IT expert but surely once you purchase a ticket there cannot be hardly any cost for it to be converted to a PDF and sent as an attachment with the order confirmation. I understand it a bit more with a season card being paperless, but not for one off purchases when you are unable to forward them on as the system doesn't work that way.

Train tickets you can pay for a posted physical one, can collect them at a machine, print at home, or have on your phone, and just forward them via email or WhatsApp etc. 

It may not affect huge numbers but it just seems ab bit odd to me, especially when you used to have options but they removed them.

• Like 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I'm no IT expert but surely once you purchase a ticket there cannot be hardly any cost for it to be converted to a PDF and sent as an attachment with the order confirmation. I understand it a bit more with a season card being paperless, but not for one off purchases when you are unable to forward them on as the system doesn't work that way.

Train tickets you can pay for a posted physical one, can collect them at a machine, print at home, or have on your phone, and just forward them via email or WhatsApp etc. 

It may not affect huge numbers but it just seems ab bit odd to me, especially when you used to have options but they removed them.

Completely agree, I will ask the question. 

Come to think of it we change our ticket system during the summer possibly something as simple as not being in the package this new supplier uses. 

But I will ask the question and feedback, it'll be the second week in October 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why did BL not email the tickets to his mates to either print out or download the pdf onto their phones ?

You don't get the option to have them emailed, download them as a PDF, or have a print at home option anymore.

This was put in place at the end of last season, it was definitely the case for the Rotherham home game. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Completely agree, I will ask the question. 

Come to think of it we change our ticket system during the summer possibly something as simple as not being in the package this new supplier uses. 

But I will ask the question and feedback, it'll be the second week in October 

Thanks, appreciated.