IGNORED

5,600 Blackburn fans heading to Preston

Never to the dark side

Years ago I went out with a girl fro Accrington and the one thing I noticed when up there was the amount of lads who actually went to games which was du to the sheer amount of teams in the region 

that is something that is never going to happen in the south west unfortunately 

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Off the top of my head..

Blackburn, Preston

Bolton, Wigan

Accrington

Tranmere?

There must be more but that's EFL alone, there are more? I remember we all remember Bury and their sad demise.

Stockport, Rochdale, Burnley, Oldham (still a well supported club), Fleetwood. So many clubs in a region, it’s impressive how well some of these clubs are supported despite the size of the towns and the fact they also have huge Prem clubs in the area.

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We as a region, are not a football hotbed and it's reflected in a lot of our journeys.

Hotbed of football or not, Preston and Blackburn aren’t taking thousands to Ipswich on a Tuesday night either.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Wrexham very close too

Wrexham is 35 miles from Manchester.

Wrexham once won a place in European competition by winning Welsh Cup. It is UEFA ruling that the away team must spend the night before a match in the country of the opposition which meant that Wrexham who were drawn against Man U, had to stay in a hotel about five miles from their home ground to comply with the rules.

Farcical !

Edited by cidered abroad

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Stockport, Rochdale, Burnley, Oldham (still a well supported club), Fleetwood. So many clubs in a region, it’s impressive how well some of these clubs are supported despite the size of the towns and the fact they also have huge Prem clubs in the area.

Hotbed of football or not, Preston and Blackburn aren’t taking thousands to Ipswich on a Tuesday night either.  

Don't disagree both about the sides and thousands to Ipswich. Albeit it makes it easier for then..I think Rochdale maybe Non League now but Stockport did the reverse journey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1