IGNORED

JET in trouble

MyBrotherErnie

12 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Arrested for having cannabis - what a joke

I'm actually pretty liberal on the legalisation of weed viewpoint

However come off it. If this is true it's 600k worth of weed being smuggled internationally? That's a whole different discussion and much more serious.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Riaz said:

The 33-year-old - who plays for Scottish Championship side Greenock Morton - is expected to appear before Carlisle Magistrates on Thursday, accused of importing class B drugs.

Around 60 kilos of cannabis was found in two suitcases that arrived from Bangkok last month, with two women also charged before being released on bail.

Quite a lot

23 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

You’d have it given out with milk for free in school I assume? 

Its fine for anyone over 25. And its a plant. Which is now legal in may parts of the world. We really need to catch up

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 7

11 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Its fine for anyone over 25. And its a plant. Which is now legal in may parts of the world. We really need to catch up

It has serious negative effects on the brain. There's a reason it's illegal.

• Like 11
  • Hmmm 1

41 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Nope, not arrested for "having" it at all. 

The actual truth:  "A man has been arrested by National Crime Agency officers on suspicion of orchestrating the attempted importation of cannabis worth £600,000 through Stansted Airport.... It follows the arrest of two women aged 28 and 32 at Stansted on 2 September, after Border Force officers detected around 60 kilos of the drug in two suitcases which had arrived on a flight from Bangkok."

• Like 2

Just now, WarksRobin said:

There are many medical studies concluding that long term or heavy cannabis use impairs cognitive function, but I guess you know better than all those scientists and doctors

Heavy use? yeah. Like everything. In moderation its harmless. And has been shown to have it uses medically. (CBD)

Its far less harmful that alcohol or cigarettes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Can understand use of cannabis for medical purposes.

Other than that. People I know who use weed are lazy buggers and do next to nothing with their life. So I’d like to think it does impact their brain function and motivational ability.

• Like 2

Assuming it is only the cannabis that they have him on & there are no ties they can pinpoint to a further crime organisation, how long would he be looking at? Cannabis is a class B (which i agree is mental & should be looking towards legalisation, as the dealing side of it is what leads to the violence more than the actual people who consume it). 

I assume they will be trying to get him to “co-operate” as there are bound to be bigger fish at play based on the size of the import, he may potentially get a lenient sentence if he does help their investigation.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You're aware that it doesn't stop at cannabis right? It funds organised crime such as illegal guns etc. Are you OK with that? 

Not when its legalised. In fact it makes alot tax for some states in america.

Alcohol in my opinion is far worse than cannabis and is legal. However that has no bearing on this case. The legality/effects of cannabis conversation is just not valid in any way. Firstly due to the fact it's illegal currently in this country whether there's a larger discussion to be had or not. Same reason you'd think twice about showing public displays of affection in middle eastern countries whilst unmarried. You might not agree with it but you respect and comply with the law.

Secondly it's the amount, the fact it's being trafficked internationally and the quantity. Even in countries where it's legal i.e Holland. There would still be charges. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

In this case it is illegal in the UK. You criticised his arrest for importing drugs into the UK despite knowing that illegal drugs fund organised crime and has a big impact on UK society. Knife crime, gangs, kids involved in county lines etc. 

It's shocking that anyone would criticise this arrest. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Yeah but the US also legalise guns...not sure we should be following all there laws. Although the selling of guns does generate a lot of tax so it's all good 👍 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

What about if someone smokes weed from say the age of 15-25? What does that do to their brain development? 

And is it really fine for anyone over 25? I have known many many people suffer severe mental health problems because of 'the wonder plant' 

59 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Maybe, but not here. Must show respect to existing laws no different if you drank or brought cases of alcohol into countries that has outlawed it. Do we imply that they need to catch up?

why did he/they bring it through customs illegally because It’s all about money greed and not for the purpose of helping for health reasons

• Like 1

Something doesn't sound right about those numbers. Those would need to be some big suitcases. And if they were indeed each containing 30 kg of cannabis, I can't see how they'd have got anything else in them, so no attempt being made to conceal the drugs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So we seem to have the the nucleus of a new team "Lags 11"

McIndoe, Llewellyn, Partridge , Aizlewood and Jet- I'm sure there's some others I've missed.

Mind you, there are a few who should definitely have done time for stealing a living or or fraudulently impersonating a football player.

Didn’t Brooker and Orr get banged up with Partridge ? 

2 minutes ago, Bannerman said:

Maybe, but not here. Must show respect to existing laws no different if you drank or brought cases of alcohol into countries that has outlawed it. Do we imply that they need to catch up?

why did he/they bring it through customs illegally because It’s all about money greed and not for the purpose of helping for health reasons

Smoking is bad for you regardless. Cannabis has it good uses in right environment and has helped enormously to people with health issues.

am I correct to say that Theresa May and her Husband runs a farm growing the plant, so called legally ?  

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

It's not as if it's little bit for personal use is it? Jesus what a stupid post

So what? who cares?

Alcohol and cigarettes is far worse and sold in about a millions shops nationwide.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4

47 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Heavy use? yeah. Like everything. In moderation its harmless. And has been shown to have it uses medically. (CBD)

Its far less harmful that alcohol or cigarettes.

Smoking is bad for you regardless. Cannabis has it good uses in right environment and has helped enormously to people with health issues.

am I correct to say that Theresa May and her Husband runs a farm growing the plant, so called legally ?  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Other than that. People I know who use weed are lazy buggers and do next to nothing with their life. So I’d like to think it does impact their brain function and motivational ability.

You can definitely tell if someone has been on it a while just by the way they look and act. Not such an innocent drug that many like to claim. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

If found guilty he's looking at serious time in the joint. Real shame, I remember him skinning players and threading passes through defences like a hot knife through butter. Top draw on his day

Maximum sentence is 14 years apparently.

13 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Something doesn't sound right about those numbers. Those would need to be some big suitcases. And if they were indeed each containing 30 kg of cannabis, I can't see how they'd have got anything else in them, so no attempt being made to conceal the drugs.

well over the weight limit :fear:

43 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Bit of a generalisation there. One of the most heavy smokers of the old doobage I know runs an international IT consultancy business*. Another is a police inspector :cool2::shutup:

Riaz is right that controlled use is the way to go and saves the state wasting resources on a fight it cannot win and one that creates gangsterism - just as alcohol prohibition led to the rise of organised crime in America.

However, that's a different question. In terms of Jay's involvement, he knows what the law is now and what a silly boy if he has got himself mixed up in all this. He'll have made decent money in his career and sensible investment would've meant he had no need to ever involve himself in criminality.

* Not me, I hasten to say. My lungs cannot even take a Silk Cut extra mild, let alone anything heavier....

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Alcohol in my opinion is far worse than cannabis and is legal. However that has no bearing on this case. The legality/effects of cannabis conversation is just not valid in any way. Firstly due to the fact it's illegal currently in this country whether there's a larger discussion to be had or not. Same reason you'd think twice about showing public displays of affection in middle eastern countries whilst unmarried. You might not agree with it but you respect and comply with the law.

Secondly it's the amount, the fact it's being trafficked internationally and the quantity. Even in countries where it's legal i.e Holland. There would still be charges. 

Alcohol worse?

If like me you watch City in and out every week of your life you become an alcoholic  

It helps deaden the pain 

Edited by Dolman Block B
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bit of a generalisation there. One of the most heavy smokers of the old doobage I know runs an international IT consultancy business*. Another is a police inspector :cool2::shutup:

Riaz is right that controlled use is the way to go and saves the state wasting resources on a fight it cannot win and one that creates gangsterism - just as alcohol prohibition led to the rise of organised crime in America.

However, that's a different question. In terms of Jay's involvement, he knows what the law is now and what a silly boy if he has got himself mixed up in all this. He'll have made decent money in his career and sensible investment would've meant he had no need to ever involve himself in criminality.

* Not me, I hasten to say. My lungs cannot even take a Silk Cut extra mild, let alone anything heavier....

No problem with controlled use. Fully support that. But I do stand by my statement.

Like you, my lungs struggle with a vape. Let alone anything heavier!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

You can definitely tell if someone has been on it a while just by the way they look and act. Not such an innocent drug that many like to claim. 

No, but still safer than alcohol which is legal. 

I think a distinction needs to be made between normal cannabis and synthetic cannabis, the latter being much stronger and less safe. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Didn’t Brooker and Orr get banged up with Partridge ? 

Yes- I believe they got 28 days. So that's 3 short of a starting 11.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

No need to inhale- worked for Cameron and President Clinton

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

well over the weight limit :fear:

said every Manager he ever played for

• Haha 2

The allure of easy money, as ever with JET.

Although as recent sentencing for cannabis related crimes have been extremely light it could just be community services and a suspended sentence.

E.g.:

Two industrial units being used to grow cannabis, two men found with £70k worth of it:

Hawksworth was given a two-year suspended jail sentence with 200 hours of unpaid work and 25 rehabilitation-activity days.

Morgan received a 20-month suspended prison sentence and was ordered to complete a 20-day rehabilitation programme, a six-month alcohol-treatment course and 150 hours’ unpaid work.

https://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/news/crime/two-harrogate-businessmen-who-set-up-cannabis-farms-in-ripon-avoid-prison-4736777

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Exhibit A

I dont smoke it - i'm just against the totally pointless and costly war on drugs - especially for a drug that will one day be totally legal.

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

The pics from the National Crime Agency don't suggest any concealment was attempted.

18 minutes ago, Riaz said:

So what? who cares?

Who cares about how the people responsible exploit vulnerable people including children? who cares about how the funds gained from selling cannabis are used to finance other crimes such as people trafficking, arms smuggling and the production and distribution of harder drugs? who cares about money laundering? Who cares about violence and intimidation? Most normal decent people do!!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I dont smoke it - i'm just against the totally pointless and costly war on drugs - especially for a drug that will one day be totally legal.

That.

I can't stand the stuff and steer clear of anyone who uses it because they are usually incredibly dull, but I don't see why it should be illegal to grow a plant at home and then dry it and smoke it.

Treat it like homebrew - anyone can brew and drink it at home, but it is illegal to sell it unless you have a proper licence and pay the duty and VAT.

• Like 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Who cares about how the people responsible exploit vulnerable people including children? who cares about how the funds gained from selling cannabis are used to finance other crimes such as people trafficking, arms smuggling and the production and distribution of harder drugs? who cares about money laundering? Who cares about violence and intimidation? Most normal decent people do!!!

So, as @Riaz says, you make it legal and then you have cut out the pwoper nawty people from the equation.

• Like 2