IGNORED

JET in trouble

MyBrotherErnie

4 hours ago, OJ009 said:

It has serious negative effects on the brain. There's a reason it's illegal.

As someone who doesn't smoke and never has I can assure you that if you do your history on cannibis you'll find the real reason why it was made illegal. You'll also see if used correctly it can help with epilepsy, pain, chemotherapy treatments, migraines, IBS, Arthritis, cancer treatments, PTSD, Anxiety, Glaucoma, MS, endometriosis and a whole range more. 
I mean comparing weed and alcohol, alcohol's negative side-effects can last days whilst weed's side-effects are pretty much gone within 24 hours and we've all seen how many people are hospitalised from actions caused when drunk. Obviously, there is far more to the debate but as someone who despises the smell of weed being smoked I have seen people who struggled to get by day to day due to severe illnesses have their lives changed by smoking or microdosing with gummies and it improves their quality of life massively.
We could discuss this at length and barely touch the surface of the effects on the brain, you say it's negative take this man for an example:

Can weed be abused? of course, as can so many legal drugs, but that doesn't mean they should be illegal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- I believe they got 28 days. So that's 3 short of a starting 11.

Gerard Lavin?

...and Scott Brown was caught up and got Community Service for Affray

...Guy Madjo has been a naughty boy too!

Edited by GingerClyde
Adding Scott Brown & Guy Madjo

6 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

There are many medical studies concluding that long term or heavy cannabis use impairs cognitive function, but I guess you know better than all those scientists and doctors

If cannabis is/was legalised then it would come with heavy legislation and  taxation, revenue from taxes alone would/could be used to conduct more medical studies into how the plant effects the brain/body both negatively and positively.

I don’t smoke or drink but I’d to see us go down the same path as Portugal and decriminalise all drugs. The fact that we haven’t is far more down to corruption than health, look at the stats and read a few papers on Portuguese drug policy, very interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerClyde said:

Gerard Lavin?

...and Scott Brown was caught up and got Community Service for Affray

...Guy Madjo has been a naughty boy too!

We have a team! 

The one overriding factor is that they all played during the Lansdown family ownership.

Steve the 'Godfather Lansdown' and his Sopranos as we like to say in BS3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

BBC reporting that one of the girls was his partner and Jet had been involved in the flight planning via Dubai

Via Dubai? That's insane, I believe they have the death penalty for drug smuggling? If not that, very harsh sentencing. Potentially, selling your life for a few grand. Bloody idiots!

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

The War on Drugs never had anything really to do with combating drugs. It was all about regime change in certain South and Central American states. Providing a pretext to remove certain people basically.  

Not just that mate, let’s not forget that the biggest smuggling cartel was actually the American government themselves. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Riaz said:

If drugs were legalised and regulated, none of that happens. Puts drug dealers out of business - jobs a good un.

I've thought long and hard about this and my thoughts are, whilst the government regulated drugs may be safer and go through all sorts of checks the black market will just make theirs better and cheaper, because who wants to take 5 pills when you can just take one? #90sraving😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can immediately think of 3 people who I know who suffered extreme mental health problems because of cannabis. Mind you they would never accept it was the weed that caused it. 

One of them was absolutely convinced he was being abducted by aliens every night. 

Another was convinced that God was telling him what to do which led to him attacking a vicar and another has been in a mental health institute for a number of years and now he doesn't even remember his own name. 

I think from my own experiences in life, if someone has an existing mental health problem then smoking cannabis will intensify those problems. 

I've rarely come accross any one who smokes it where it has no impact upon them and their daily life. 

I ended a relationship with an ex partner because she used weed to Numb the pain from a broken back. And I could understand why she'd want to Numb the pain but the cannabis use changed her as a person. She became demotivated, lazy, spaced out, void of emotions, lacked any drive and became a shadow of her former self. It also stopped her having any dreams when she slept and then there was the conspiracy theories. 

When it was clear she had no desire to quit then my decision was made easy as I didn't want to be in an environment with someone under rhe influence of an addiction. 

It's really really sad because what cannabis does is convince the user that it's a miracle drug. That God created it. That It's the solution to all of the problems in the world. That smoking it opens up their minds to critical thinking and spiritual awareness and all that stuff. 

I can’t only assume all these 3 started before they turned 25? Silly really as after 25 it’s game on apparently…

16 minutes ago, 2015 said:

One of my favourite City players aswell. He's really ****** his career for the talent he was.

To be fair. We (Bristol City) had by far the best of JET’s career by far. 

6 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

I can’t only assume all these 3 started before they turned 25? Silly really as after 25 it’s game on apparently…

To be fair. We (Bristol City) had by far the best of JET’s career by far. 

Was really bizarre that only really SOD got the absolute best out of JET. He was ok under Cotterill but was unstoppable with SOD in charge.

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Hmmm....

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2008–2011 Arsenal 1 (0)
2009 Blackpool (loan) 11 (1)
2010 Doncaster Rovers (loan) 14 (5)
2011 Cardiff City (loan) 14 (2)
2011–2013 Ipswich Town 71 (8)
2013–2015 Bristol City 82 (24)
2015–2018 Queens Park Rangers 12 (3)
2016 Milton Keynes Dons (loan) 4 (0)
2016–2017 Gillingham (loan) 28 (7)
2019 PTT Rayong 11 (1)
2020–2021 Livingston 24 (5)
2021–2022 Aberdeen 15 (0)
2022–2023 Jamshedpur 17 (2)
2024 Kidderminster Harriers 9 (0)
2024– Greenock Morton 1 (0)
International career
2007–2008 England U17 5 (0)
2008–2009 England U19 2 (0)

Maybe so, but the sentencing for growing and selling it has been incredibly light these last few years.

I didn’t play in any of those games though?? He wasn’t necessarily using it ??

4 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

I’m amazed at the Amount of blokes who drive whilst smoking the stuff at 5 in the morning when I’m starting work! 
    Can smell and see the smoke wafting out the car window, must set them up for a stunning day in the workplace 😂

That would be because with a weed addiction people think like they can't function normally unless they've had a spliff. Of course we know that's the drug talking. 

You should call 999 if you ever come accross a drug driver as no different to a drink driver. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Riaz said:

Its fine for anyone over 25. And its a plant. Which is now legal in may parts of the world. We really need to catch up

Certainly is here in Canada, the Government owned shops make a ton of money in taxes off of it, all the products are of the highest grade and although I don't smoke the stuff I do use the zero THC CBD oil to help me sleep, it was a bloody life changer for me actually being able to sleep after 40 odd years of pain

• Like 3

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That would be because with a weed addiction people think like they can't function normally unless they've had a spliff. Of course we know that's the drug talking. 

You should call 999 if you ever come accross a drug driver as no different to a drink driver. 

Seriously, I’d never get to work, it seems the norm in parts of the city 

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

Was really bizarre that only really SOD got the absolute best out of JET. He was ok under Cotterill but was unstoppable with SOD in charge.

Yep, remember the game at the gate for Doncaster with SOD in charge for them, JET destroyed us that day..

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, Riaz said:

Because it cures many medical ailments and the pharmaceutical industry couldnt let that cat out the bag, all those years ago.

Whereas i agree with the pharmaceutical side of this......before just bellowing out 'legalise it'. Do some research on Oxycontin - a legal drug.

Then go on to look at the opioid epidemic that has ravaged cities like detroit for years

• Hmmm 1

18 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What about if someone smokes weed from say the age of 15-25? What does that do to their brain development? 

And is it really fine for anyone over 25? I have known many many people suffer severe mental health problems because of 'the wonder plant' 

In fairness I'm 45 now and when I was that age I smoked a lot of weed as did most of my mates, and we are all doing pretty well now, all have successful careers etc etc yeh we don't smoke it anymore, but in moderation I don't see much of an issue with it and I think they should legalise it, mostly so it stops funding going to criminal gangs, gives the police time to go and catch real crooks, and also allows quality control so you know what strength you are buying etc etc

We bury our head in the sand with weed and try and enforce it as being illegal but it's so widespread it's a pointless prohibition and wastes money and resource trying to keep it illegal.

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Certainly is here in Canada, the Government owned shops make a ton of money in taxes off of it, all the products are of the highest grade and although I don't smoke the stuff I do use the zero THC CBD oil to help me sleep, it was a bloody life changer for me actually being able to sleep after 40 odd years of pain

Anyone that has suffered serious pain issues should give that a try, I did for a while until suitable surgery was available & it truly was remarkable. My only problem with it was I'm old school & I felt guilty using it even though it was a prescription drug.

1 hour ago, BeggyBlaggers said:

So do guns. Lets get them legalised and make some moonnnnnnneeeeyyyy

Guns can only be destructive and harm. Why is that similar to cannabis? That can cure alot of things?

56 minutes ago, BeggyBlaggers said:

Whereas i agree with the pharmaceutical side of this......before just bellowing out 'legalise it'. Do some research on Oxycontin - a legal drug.

Then go on to look at the opioid epidemic that has ravaged cities like detroit for years

Again, what does Oxycontin have to do with it?

In Portugal, it hasnt ravaged anything.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

So in Colorado you could have a shop selling weed next to a gun shop! I don't think that would be a great idea in east street!

Not an aggression maker though, is it, cannabis?  I've never encountered loud aggressive blokes in city centres who've just been smoking puff. No, they've all been drinking alcohol - and often snorting coke. Stoners tend to stay in. 

A gun shop next to a pub would be more worrying. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

So in Colorado you could have a shop selling weed next to a gun shop! I don't think that would be a great idea in east street!

Guns no. Never.

But Cannabis? No one ever smoked a spliff and then killed anyone. Dont get me wrong, there are some negative aspects - but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

34 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not an aggression maker though, is it, cannabis?  I've never encountered loud aggressive blokes in city centres who've just been smoking puff. No, they've all been drinking alcohol - and often snorting coke. Stoners tend to stay in. 

A gun shop next to a pub would be more worrying. 

Quite agree, but a city centre now you will see as many puff users as drunk's take a walk around castle park! And from the sales pitch i wouldn't describe them as peaceful! The problem is so bad they have to shut the council offices windows because of the smell!

2 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Quite agree, but a city centre now you will see as many puff users as drunk's take a walk around castle park! And from the sales pitch i wouldn't describe them as peaceful! The problem is so bad they have to shut the council offices windows because of the smell!

You need to distinguish those who smoke weed and drink from those who only smoke weed.

Cannabis's disassociating effects do not cause aggression, whereas with booze causes something called "alcohol myopia" which is where people are disinhibited and less able to process information or see the wider implications of their actions - meaning misunderstandings or mild slights can lead to fights, the consequences of which the sober person would have considered and refrained from.

As @Kid in the Riot notes, some Castle Park smokers will be using synthetic cannaboid drugs, which do have an association with potential aggression. An old-fashioned joint however, never leads to a punch-up in my experience. 

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Guns can only be destructive and harm. Why is that similar to cannabis? That can cure alot of things?

Again, what does Oxycontin have to do with it?

In Portugal, it hasnt ravaged anything.

Portugal decriminalised the use of drugs, offering treatment and therapy. This was done to stop the rise of HIV and aids, that was coming from injecting drugs.

Our country isnt geared up for that because our NHS is buggered and strained through mismanagement as it is.

Just now, BeggyBlaggers said:

Portugal decriminalised the use of drugs, offering treatment and therapy. This was done to stop the rise of HIV and aids, that was coming from injecting drugs.

Our country isnt geared up for that because our NHS is buggered and strained through mismanagement as it is.

Thats fine - but why punish people for a durg, that has many postive effects and few negative?

26 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Quite agree, but a city centre now you will see as many puff users as drunk's take a walk around castle park! A

Yeah the area by the top of Union St has become pretty intimidating recently. Groups  of youths smoking shit and hassling people going about their day. No sign of the police ever and a thick cloud of rancid smelling smoke from whatever the fcku it is they’re smoking. Proper anti social. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spike said:

As someone who doesn't smoke and never has I can assure you that if you do your history on cannibis you'll find the real reason why it was made illegal. You'll also see if used correctly it can help with epilepsy, pain, chemotherapy treatments, migraines, IBS, Arthritis, cancer treatments, PTSD, Anxiety, Glaucoma, MS, endometriosis and a whole range more. 
I mean comparing weed and alcohol, alcohol's negative side-effects can last days whilst weed's side-effects are pretty much gone within 24 hours and we've all seen how many people are hospitalised from actions caused when drunk. Obviously, there is far more to the debate but as someone who despises the smell of weed being smoked I have seen people who struggled to get by day to day due to severe illnesses have their lives changed by smoking or microdosing with gummies and it improves their quality of life massively.
We could discuss this at length and barely touch the surface of the effects on the brain, you say it's negative take this man for an example:

Can weed be abused? of course, as can so many legal drugs, but that doesn't mean they should be illegal.

I believe Queen Victoria was prescribed cannabis in some form by her physician,,to ease extreme period pain....

33 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You need to distinguish those who smoke weed and drink from those who only smoke weed.

Cannabis's disassociating effects do not cause aggression, whereas with booze causes something called "alcohol myopia" which is where people are disinhibited and less able to process information or see the wider implications of their actions - meaning misunderstandings or mild slights can lead to fights, the consequences of which the sober person would have considered and refrained from.

As @Kid in the Riot notes, some Castle Park smokers will be using synthetic cannaboid drugs, which do have an association with potential aggression. An old-fashioned joint however, never leads to a punch-up in my experience. 

34 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

How can you distinguish whos had a few joints with a few pints! Im afraid the cannabis game has changed its not peaceful stoners anymore! Its a dangerous game now,

• Hmmm 1

35 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

I believe Queen Victoria was prescribed cannabis in some form by her physician,,to ease extreme period pain....

It was even better than that!  To be fair at the time a lot of this stuff was viewed as medicinal drugs rather than recreational ones.

Victoria’s preference was to have laudanum (a tonic that contained opium dissolved in alcohol) Victoria had the best doctors’ money could buy and maybe it was easier to have a high as a kite queen rather than one that was not amused. If the opium was not working its magic and Victoria needed a pick me up, she has sweets laced with cocaine, Victoria was very enthusiastic about this product and even shared some with a young Winston Churchill when he and his family came to stay with her at Balmoral. Marijuana was used when Victoria was experiencing cramps, Victoria was pregnant for many years of her life and at times the pain was unbearable, so what better way to fix it than get high!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952xdq8y4aow3lw7ev09ov

https://www.thehistorycorner.org/articles-by-the-team/queen-victoria-drug-addiction-sexual-scandal-and-despiser-of-children

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bpexile said:

Anyone that has suffered serious pain issues should give that a try, I did for a while until suitable surgery was available & it truly was remarkable. My only problem with it was I'm old school & I felt guilty using it even though it was a prescription drug.

CBD is unreal ... a lot of boxers use it.  Some of their stories about how it deals with pain is unbelievable 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Again, and?

Would you punish some for loads of food? or anything else people use?

Christs sake 🤣🤣🤣

Im actually with you on the legalise cannabis for personal use. But its a bit naive and dim to think that once legalised, drug dealers are going to think 'oh eck, best get a job now'

Just now, BeggyBlaggers said:

Christs sake 🤣🤣🤣

Im actually with you on the legalise cannabis for personal use. But its a bit naive and dim to think that once legalised, drug dealers are going to think 'oh eck, best get a job now'

I dont think they will.

But the people buying it arent going to go to a drug dealer, when they can get it legally - safe in the knowledge its a safer product. The dealers will go out of business.