IGNORED

JET in trouble

MyBrotherErnie

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Who cares about how the people responsible exploit vulnerable people including children? who cares about how the funds gained from selling cannabis are used to finance other crimes such as people trafficking, arms smuggling and the production and distribution of harder drugs? who cares about money laundering? Who cares about violence and intimidation? Most normal decent people do!!!

If drugs were legalised and regulated, none of that happens. Puts drug dealers out of business - jobs a good un.

• Facepalm 1

While I have no problem with use of cannabis prescribed by a GP as an medical aid to prevent pain and suffering, I have a zero tolerance towards those who use unprescribed drugs for recreational use. Far too many who started by taking a little weed go on to experimenting with more harmful drugs and become addicted, not only ruining their lives but those around them too. I'm not surprised it's legalised in many US states as, along with their refusal to exercise proper gun control, it earns its status as the Land of the Nutters. They can do what they like, we don't want it here. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Riaz said:

i'm just against the totally pointless and costly war on drugs

Is it totally pointless? Are you aware of the public health crisis in North America because of drugs? 

What about the impact that has on communities? The strain that puts on services? 

You've not really thought this through. 

Having been a heavy user in my youth i can say from experience that it has its pros and cons. I suffered with terrible back pain and it helped massively but did make me lethargic and unmotivated. What would have helped was if it was legalised and I could have popped up the spar and bought a couple of spliffs without having to buy it from crack houses and back alley dealers. Everything in moderation but Alcohol is a far worse drug. You never saw stoners fighting out side Mickey Finns on a Saturday night. More likely to be sat round sharing a chicken meal than fighting cause someone pushed in the queue. All that argument aside - you start importing illicitly suitcases full of the stuff then it’s only going to end one way. Didn’t JET used to promote and sell a legal drug back in the day - am sure I saw him promote something but will need to fact check that. Not sure if anyone else can remember?

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Is it totally pointless? Are you aware of the public health crisis in North America because of drugs? 

What about the impact that has on communities? The strain that puts on services? 

That’s just the products being pushed by the pharmaceutical companies with all them opioids! 🤣

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ok enough about alcohol, what about the leaf? 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Riaz said:

If drugs were legalised and regulated, none of that happens. Puts drug dealers out of business - jobs a good un.

But your comments of defence on this thread have been in the context that it is currently illegal and it does currently fund organised crime, things like the small boats crossing the channel. 

I don't think I'd want to live in your utopia. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68716519.amp

28 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The allure of easy money, as ever with JET.

Although as recent sentencing for cannabis related crimes have been extremely light it could just be community services and a suspended sentence.

E.g.:

Two industrial units being used to grow cannabis, two men found with £70k worth of it:

Hawksworth was given a two-year suspended jail sentence with 200 hours of unpaid work and 25 rehabilitation-activity days.

Morgan received a 20-month suspended prison sentence and was ordered to complete a 20-day rehabilitation programme, a six-month alcohol-treatment course and 150 hours’ unpaid work.

https://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/news/crime/two-harrogate-businessmen-who-set-up-cannabis-farms-in-ripon-avoid-prison-4736777

Growing it and bringing through customs illegally will have different consequences. In my opinion he will serve some custodial 

• Like 1

Pretty sure it was Bill Hicks who once said :

”So, George Bush says we’re losing the war on drugs. Do you know what that implicates? That there is a war going on, and the people who are ON drugs are winning it” 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But your comments of defence on this thread have been in the context that it is currently illegal and it does currently fund organised crime, things like the small boats crossing the channel. 

I don't think I'd want to live in your utopia. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68716519.amp

It is already legalised for some and not for others

Cannabis was legalised here recently. I don't touch it and haven't come across anybody who has started smoking it as a result of its legalisation. The main difference from before, as far as I can see, is that those who do like a smoke are getting their supplies from well-lit shops rather than dodgy geezers in dark alleys.

• Like 3

Just now, Robbored said:

Why do suppose that cannabis is illegal in the UK Riaz?

Because it cures many medical ailments and the pharmaceutical industry couldnt let that cat out the bag, all those years ago.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You're aware that it doesn't stop at cannabis right? It funds organised crime such as illegal guns etc. Are you OK with that? 

It's linked to organised crime because it's illegal.  Coffee isn't really linked to organised crime because its movement and distribution is done above board.  

The period of prohibition in USA increased organised crime.  If you decriminalise cannabis, it becomes legitimate.  The stuff being smoked now is pretty horrible if you ask me.  If it became a proper market where people choose like they do with ales for example, it would reduce the consumption of the more harmful versions shipped over here by organised crime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Because it cures many medical ailments and the pharmaceutical industry couldnt let that cat out the bag, all those years ago.

In February 2015, a team of researchers at the Institute Of Psychiatry, King's College London, led by Dr. Marta Di Forti, found that use of high potency cannabis known as skunk increased the risk of psychosis by three times, compared to non-use. The study of 780 people also found the risk of psychosis was five times higher for those who used cannabis every day.

I saw three patients in my career that had heavily used cannabis for years and developed into a psychosis akin to schizophrenia - all three were hospitalised.

2018 cannabis was permitted for medical conditions prescribed by a doctor.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Which is ironic given cannabis is completely legal in Thailand. 

Not completely, although nobody seems to be too sure what exactly is or isn't allowed. I'd certainly advise against sparking up on the street in front of a policeman without having the wherewithal to fork out a big contribution to the police benevolent fund. 

14 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

Having been a heavy user in my youth i can say from experience that it has its pros and cons. I suffered with terrible back pain and it helped massively but did make me lethargic and unmotivated.

Hmmm....

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2008–2011 Arsenal 1 (0)
2009 Blackpool (loan) 11 (1)
2010 Doncaster Rovers (loan) 14 (5)
2011 Cardiff City (loan) 14 (2)
2011–2013 Ipswich Town 71 (8)
2013–2015 Bristol City 82 (24)
2015–2018 Queens Park Rangers 12 (3)
2016 Milton Keynes Dons (loan) 4 (0)
2016–2017 Gillingham (loan) 28 (7)
2019 PTT Rayong 11 (1)
2020–2021 Livingston 24 (5)
2021–2022 Aberdeen 15 (0)
2022–2023 Jamshedpur 17 (2)
2024 Kidderminster Harriers 9 (0)
2024– Greenock Morton 1 (0)
International career
2007–2008 England U17 5 (0)
2008–2009 England U19 2 (0)

11 minutes ago, Bannerman said:

Growing it and bringing through customs illegally will have different consequences. In my opinion he will serve some custodial 

Maybe so, but the sentencing for growing and selling it has been incredibly light these last few years.

4 minutes ago, Riaz said:

You are allowed to use cannabis but in small quantities, Case law had already been applied. Please don’t ask me to look for it 🤣It is illegal to grow and sell, it is also illegal to bring through customs as we’re all aware.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Hmmm....

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2008–2011 Arsenal 1 (0)
2009 Blackpool (loan) 11 (1)
2010 Doncaster Rovers (loan) 14 (5)
2011 Cardiff City (loan) 14 (2)
2011–2013 Ipswich Town 71 (8)
2013–2015 Bristol City 82 (24)
2015–2018 Queens Park Rangers 12 (3)
2016 Milton Keynes Dons (loan) 4 (0)
2016–2017 Gillingham (loan) 28 (7)
2019 PTT Rayong 11 (1)
2020–2021 Livingston 24 (5)
2021–2022 Aberdeen 15 (0)
2022–2023 Jamshedpur 17 (2)
2024 Kidderminster Harriers 9 (0)
2024– Greenock Morton 1 (0)
International career
2007–2008 England U17 5 (0)
2008–2009 England U19 2 (0)

Maybe so, but the sentencing for growing and selling it has been incredibly light these last few years.

I agree but that’s not what this topic is about, it’s bringing it through customs illegally and certainly not declaring which has a totally different implication on him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

”So, George Bush says we’re losing the war on drugs. Do you know what that implicates? That there is a war going on, and the people who are ON drugs are winning it” 

"The Beatles were so high they even let Ringo sing a few tunes"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Not completely, although nobody seems to be too sure what exactly is or isn't allowed. I'd certainly advise against sparking up on the street in front of a policeman without having the wherewithal to fork out a big contribution to the police benevolent fund. 

I was in Bangkok and Koh Samui in May and it was absolutely everywhere. In Chaweng every other shop is a weed shop. The smokers I was with took some care where they smoked it. Our resort on the beach was fine for it though. 

I don't know what the situation was pre-lifting of the ban but class A drugs were also easy to come by, despite the fact they carry severe punishments for possession. Brits (of course) and locals dealing. 

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

I dont smoke it - i'm just against the totally pointless and costly war on drugs - especially for a drug that will one day be totally legal.

Obviously, you seem to be posting such nonsense like you've been on the crack pipe not a bit of weed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In February 2015, a team of researchers at the Institute Of Psychiatry, King's College London, led by Dr. Marta Di Forti, found that use of high potency cannabis known as skunk increased the risk of psychosis by three times, compared to non-use. The study of 780 people also found the risk of psychosis was five times higher for those who used cannabis every day.

I saw three patients in my career that had heavily used cannabis for years and developed into a psychosis akin to schizophrenia - all three were hospitalised.

2018 cannabis was permitted for medical conditions prescribed by a doctor.

I can immediately think of 3 people who I know who suffered extreme mental health problems because of cannabis. Mind you they would never accept it was the weed that caused it. 

One of them was absolutely convinced he was being abducted by aliens every night. 

Another was convinced that God was telling him what to do which led to him attacking a vicar and another has been in a mental health institute for a number of years and now he doesn't even remember his own name. 

I think from my own experiences in life, if someone has an existing mental health problem then smoking cannabis will intensify those problems. 

I've rarely come accross any one who smokes it where it has no impact upon them and their daily life. 

I ended a relationship with an ex partner because she used weed to Numb the pain from a broken back. And I could understand why she'd want to Numb the pain but the cannabis use changed her as a person. She became demotivated, lazy, spaced out, void of emotions, lacked any drive and became a shadow of her former self. It also stopped her having any dreams when she slept and then there was the conspiracy theories. 

When it was clear she had no desire to quit then my decision was made easy as I didn't want to be in an environment with someone under rhe influence of an addiction. 

It's really really sad because what cannabis does is convince the user that it's a miracle drug. That God created it. That It's the solution to all of the problems in the world. That smoking it opens up their minds to critical thinking and spiritual awareness and all that stuff. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can immediately think of 3 people who I know who suffered extreme mental health problems because of cannabis. Mind you they would never accept it was the weed that caused it. 

One of them was absolutely convinced he was being abducted by aliens every night. 

Another was convinced that God was telling him what to do which led to him attacking a vicar and another has been in a mental health institute for a number of years and now he doesn't even remember his own name. 

I think from my own experiences in life, if someone has an existing mental health problem then smoking cannabis will intensify those problems. 

I've rarely come accross any one who smokes it where it has no impact upon them and their daily life. 

I ended a relationship with an ex partner because she used weed to Numb the pain from a broken back. And I could understand why she'd want to Numb the pain but the cannabis use changed her as a person. She became demotivated, lazy, spaced out, void of emotions, lacked any drive and became a shadow of her former self. It also stopped her having any dreams when she slept and then there was the conspiracy theories. 

When it was clear she had no desire to quit then my decision was made easy as I didn't want to be in an environment with someone under rhe influence of an addiction. 

It's really really sad because what cannabis does is convince the user that it's a miracle drug. That God created it. That It's the solution to all of the problems in the world. That smoking it opens up their minds to critical thinking and spiritual awareness and all that stuff. 

Totally, I can't stand the stuff or people who use it regularly.

Though I don't regard my not liking something as a sufficient reason for it to be made illegal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colemanballs said:

Something doesn't sound right about those numbers. Those would need to be some big suitcases. And if they were indeed each containing 30 kg of cannabis, I can't see how they'd have got anything else in them, so no attempt being made to conceal the drugs.

They didn't say it was a sophisticated attempt.

I remember that when he was at City he was fully on the Herbalife MLM train.

Anyway, I'll try to remember the good times!

not through cannabis though, that's the least of their concerns regarding illegal substances.  I am not pro cannabis just to let you know.

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The 33-year-old - who plays for Scottish Championship side Greenock Morton - is expected to appear before Carlisle Magistrates on Thursday, accused of importing class B drugs.

Around 60 kilos of cannabis was found in two suitcases that arrived from Bangkok last month, with two women also charged before being released on bail.

Quite a lot

Which would put him over the 20kg Ryanair limit.   Bet thats how he was busted

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Though I don't regard my not liking something as a sufficient reason for it to be made illegal.

It’s illegal because of the damage it can cause. However cannabis is legal if medically prescribed in the treatment of various conditions, particularly degenerative illnesses.

As a student back in the 70s weed was commonplace and easily accessible but risky given my profession.

Later in my career working in addiction some dependent drinkers began using cannabis once they’d stopped drinking. What they couldn’t see at the time was that cannabis became a substitute for alcohol as it still acted as artificial mood change which was a huge no no when searching for sobriety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was in Bangkok and Koh Samui in May and it was absolutely everywhere. In Chaweng every other shop is a weed shop. The smokers I was with took some care where they smoked it. Our resort on the beach was fine for it though. 

I don't know what the situation was pre-lifting of the ban but class A drugs were also easy to come by, despite the fact they carry severe punishments for possession. Brits (of course) and locals dealing. 

I've been going to Thailand most winters since 2012. It was unbelievable when I went just after they legalised it. From potential death penalty or time in a horrible jail there for being caught with to it being everywhere overnight. I saw a place in Chiang Mai which was 400bht for all you could smoke 🤣. There is talk of reversing the decision and just making it legal for medical uses but as usual with the Thai government nothing is ever clear. 

3 hours ago, OJ009 said:

It has serious negative effects on the brain. There's a reason it's illegal.

Everyone's an expert?  How much had you toked before posting this?.................and in many places it is no longer illegal?

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

Its fine for anyone over 25. And its a plant. Which is now legal in may parts of the world. We really need to catch up

Drug smuggling on the other hand isn't

Synthetic opioids are causing that crisis, not marijuana. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Absolutely loved Bill Hicks. Can't believe it's been 30 years since his passing.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Who cares about how the people responsible exploit vulnerable people including children? who cares about how the funds gained from selling cannabis are used to finance other crimes such as people trafficking, arms smuggling and the production and distribution of harder drugs? who cares about money laundering? Who cares about violence and intimidation? Most normal decent people do!!!

Isn't it about time you got off your soapbox?  You are tending to repeat yourself?  Though i guess smokin weed CAN lead to short term memory loss?  😋

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

According to Sky news, he orchestrated the deal and used two woman as mules. 

How the hell do you orchestrate such a deal, without being involved with some right dodgy people. 

Lots of planning would have been involved. 

You are a dodgy person if you do this. It's like those mothers who say "our Billy just got involved with the wrong crowd." No, your Billy was the wrong g crowd!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not the best quality over there mind... or so I heard 👀. Even pre-legalisation some of the other islands and in particular places like Railay cannabis was everywhere.

We definitely need a different perspective as a nation on drugs - some posters in here lumping them all together under the same category when there are huge differences and impacts across different substances. Moderate use of even some Class A's are fine, fun and can even be pretty damn beneficial, but let's not pretend that what JET was doing was in any way 'moderate'.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

Looks like quite a lot of 'cargo' to try and fit into the overhead locker...

Give manning some of that might make him less boring 😂 £600k worth does make you wonder how long jets been doing this for and how did they think that would get through is beyond me.

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The War on Drugs never had anything really to do with combating drugs. It was all about regime change in certain South and Central American states. Providing a pretext to remove certain people basically.  

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

The War on Drugs never had anything really to do with combating drugs. It was all about regime change in certain South and Central American states. Providing a pretext to remove certain people basically.  

Great band though

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, spudski said:

According to Sky news, he orchestrated the deal and used two woman as mules. 

How the hell do you orchestrate such a deal, without being involved with some right dodgy people. 

Lots of planning would have been involved. 

sounds a bit of a set up.

reminds me of those other cases prior with those two girls, and Sandra Locke?

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

As in Jet set the two girls up? 

no, someone probably set JET up. The fact there was no attempt to hide the drugs in the suitcases, suggests it is a diversion from other shipments etc. 

Edited by exAtyeoMax

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

BBC reporting that one of the girls was his partner and Jet had been involved in the flight planning via Dubai

Seems an incredibly stupid thing to do, knowingly book a flight for someone carrying 60kg of cannabis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Which is ironic given cannabis is completely legal in Thailand. 

That's exactly why people are being sent through customs with zero attempt at concealment, same as from the States to an extent.

There's such a massive oversupply in legalised countries that the runners can afford to lose multiple large amounts so don't even bother hiding it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

That's exactly why people are being sent through customs with zero attempt at concealment, same as from the States to an extent.

There's such a massive oversupply in legalised countries that the runners can afford to lose multiple large amounts so don't even bother hiding it.

is it legal in Dubai?

1 hour ago, Isawjonshaw said:

not through cannabis though, that's the least of their concerns regarding illegal substances.  I am not pro cannabis just to let you know.

48 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Synthetic opioids are causing that crisis, not marijuana. 

I was replying to Riaz who said "i'm just against the totally pointless and costly war on drugs"