IGNORED

Oxford Forum

BCFCGav

8 pages on their pre-match thread, containing lots of choice words about Manning, a few OTIB screenshots and I even stumbled across what must be my evil twin, 'OUFCGav'Ā šŸ¤£

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. Definitely has some extra spice to it. They're confident. Many of us are confident. Something has to give!

They'll be loud and proud, we need to match them. Get behind the boys and LM for the duration of the game and lets show those tossers why they won't be a Championship club for long.

Yu RedsĀ šŸ”“āšŖ

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

8 pages on their pre-match thread, containing lots of choice words about Manning, a few OTIB screenshots and I even stumbled across what must be my evil twin, 'OUFCGav'Ā šŸ¤£

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. Definitely has some extra spice to it. They're confident. Many of us are confident. Something has to give!

They'll be loud and proud, we need to match them. Get behind the boys and LM for the duration of the game and lets show those tossers why they won't be a Championship club for long.

Yu RedsĀ šŸ”“āšŖ

Mm, there's at least one quote in there that I can't agree with!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

ā€œMany of us are confidentā€

????

Speak for yourself Gav!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

šŸ¤£Ā I wasn't going to say 'we're confident' but downgraded it! Maybe I should have gone further.

I think we'll be better. Strong gut feeling about Saturday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Mm, there's at least one quote in there that I can't agree with!

Oh come on guysĀ šŸ¤£Ā even if you're not confident, fake it til we make it! Let's put some confidence back in the team.Ā 

• Haha 2

Oxford are in for a right shock. Whenever we have a big home crowd the team always turns up and absolutely annihilates whoever is unfortunate enough to be playing us. Chuck in our far superior manager and 3 points is a given.Ā 

• Haha 13
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Negan said:

Oxford are in for a right shock. Whenever we have a big home crowd the team always turns up and absolutely annihilates whoever is unfortunate enough to be playing us. Chuck in our far superior manager and 3 points is a given.Ā 

You been smoking some of what JET has allegedly been importing? šŸ™‚Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I canā€™t see anything other than an away win here unless manning makes some big changes to approach. Last two games says a lot about us and I think with them riding the wave of momentum we are set for another defeat (first at home) with a toxic atmosphere.Ā 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

Always hate matchday when you know a win will still leave the team in a rubbish league position. Still, we need to start somewhere.

You must have hated the last 10 years following City then... can't remember the last time a win but us anywhere but a rubbish league position!

A convincing 3 or 4 nil win with fast, free flowing football that gives us all hope would be nice. Will give Tinnion to talk about in December when we are going through another bad patch.

A 1-0 win off the back of another mediocre performance will do us no favours long term. Will ease the pressure on BT and LM with no real progress being made.

Feels like results mean nothing nowadays.

• Like 1

• Admin
32 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

A 1-0 win off the back of another mediocre performance will do us no favours long term. Will ease the pressure on BT and LM with no real progress being made.

Unless it is the first of a decent unbeaten run

4 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Family day with an attendance of 23k roughlyĀ 

3500 Oxford United Fans

Manningā€™s former club

Manningā€™s City in poor form

City Fans wanting Manning goneĀ 

Ā 

What could possibly go wrong?

Add to that, Oxford themselves started the sesson quite well albeit all 3 wins came at Home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Honestly, it was probably that Wolves game on New Years about 7 years ago.

Remember it well. Watched it in a bar in Phnom Penh and a Preston fan was goading me the whole match... Strange chap.

17 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

We could winšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Depends on the nature of it imo.

If its like Millwall (in the aspect of us being very shakey defensively) then it won't be very confidence inspiring off the back of how bad we've been at the back compared to last season.

Edited by Fuber

Maybe a repeat of the Stoke situation.

Schumacher went to his old club Plymouth and won, a couple of games later heā€™s gone.

I have a feeling weā€™ll win this, as for whether we can halt the slump in form and make it a convincing win, dunno!Ā 

27 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Hello Oxford. Weā€™re going to beat you 3-0 and your ā€œladsā€ will spend all day hiding. Ā Feel free to quote meĀ 

I donā€™t think theyā€™ll be hiding but I think they smash a toilet cubicle, a few may hop the advertising board when they inevitably score and thereā€™s a possibility their proper lot may run the gauntlet of stupidly finding themselves in the park after the game (we know how that works out, donā€™t we). THIS IS NOT THE GAS.

• Like 1

I have never minded Oxford. They hate Swindon. They dislike Bristol Rovers. In my books that makes them fairly likeable.Ā 

Got a bad feeling they'll beat us, but regardless I wish them well for the rest of the season.Ā 

6 hours ago, The Coach said:

Family day with an attendance of 23k roughlyĀ 

3500 Oxford United Fans

Manningā€™s former club

Manningā€™s City in poor form

City Fans wanting Manning goneĀ 

Ā 

What could possibly go wrong?

We could win by a decent score line that'll just paper over the bloody big cracks

It should be quite a spectacle on Saturday, with a sold out away end. They are in form & we are out of sorts. It should make for a good match. I only hope that we turn up.

I think it's fair to say to all Oxford fans good luck for the rest of the season and you can take your old coach back with you after the match.

Oxford will pack the midfield and aim to keep it tight. This is exactly the kind of game where we struggle to break a team down and then concede a goal from some hapless defending.

We have the players to beat Oxford. The problem is we have no idea whether we have the manager too.Ā