IGNORED

Get Behind The Team 🔴⚪

James

There’s no hiding from it, the last 2 results away from home have been disappointing.

But OUR Manager and OUR Players have come out and owned that.

Those games are in the past now and the season is still young.

We’re back at home on Saturday. Back in OUR Church, with the players surrounded by OUR fans.

Nobody should need reminding of how the noise generated in AG can push OUR team on. We’ve seen it countless times over the years, both pre and post ‘redevelopment’.

The Millwall game earlier this season is a perfect recent example. From the 1st minute to the last, it was a constant wall of noise, and the players responded.

In English Football we've all witnessed the corporate sanitisation inside grounds, soulless bowls that cater more towards a tourist experience than that of the life and blood of every club - the fans.

And it’s important for us all, as fans, to remind ourselves that we are the heart of this club.

And as the heart, without us it’s nothing.

So, lets do OUR bit, starting with Saturday.

Leave the negativity at home, life is too short. And regardless of which part of the ground you’re in, let’s remind ourselves what a buzzing Ashton Gate can be like, on and off the pitch.

Whichever 11 players are out there wearing our beloved Red & White, lets get behind OUR team.

Who knows where it’ll take us..

COYR!

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 2

11 minutes ago, James said:

There’s no hiding from it, the last 2 results away from home have been disappointing.

Our current coach has owned nothing!

And that's one of the reasons for the antipathy towards him.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Your absolutely right about it being OUR church?................I rarely come to worship these days.......however I do constantly pray that one day Manning will play his mate "Twiney" in the Number 10 role, and stop constantly introducing subs at 60 minutes in every frigging match?   Hallelujah Brother!

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, James said:

And it’s important for us all, as fans, to remind ourselves that we are the heart of this club.

What a shame our owners never recognise this.  Would contribute to a big banner reminding them of the fact if you ever do one.  

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

I do agree with you but I have a bad feeling about Saturday. Feel like Oxford who are in good form are going to be right up for it. If we come out the blocks slowly and not up for it we could go 1 or 2 down first half and the atmosphere will be toxic. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong but I do have a bad feeling.

• Like 3

It’s really quite simple, if they play well and do anything with any sort of pace or ambition the crowd will be behind them.

If they come out and bore everyone rigid people will be sat there silent waiting to go home. 

Just like every other set of fans.

Over to the manager to send out a team that gives the crowd something to get behind.

Just a thought, maybe having a complete mood hoover as a manager doesn’t do a lot for atmosphere at the ground?

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, James said:

We’re back at home on Saturday. Back in OUR Church, with the players surrounded by OUR fans.

Nobody should need reminding of how the noise generated in AG can push OUR team on. We’ve seen it countless times over the years, both pre and post ‘redevelopment’.

The Millwall game earlier this season is a perfect recent example. From the 1st minute to the last, it was a constant wall of noise, and the players responded.

In English Football we've all witnessed the corporate sanitisation inside grounds, soulless bowls that cater more towards a tourist experience than that of the life and blood of every club - the fans.

Leave the negativity at home, life is too short. And regardless of which part of the ground you’re in, let’s remind ourselves what a buzzing Ashton Gate can be like, on and off the pitch.

Whichever 11 players are out there wearing our beloved Red & White, lets get behind OUR team.

COYR!

Sounds great 

please send your CV for the motivational speakers role to

L Manning 

Ashton Gate

Bristol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I agree with the sentiment in the OP, yet the optimism I'm struggling to see good grounds for.

Indeed. Read the room. It’s clear that Liam doesn’t feel like OUR Manager (sic) mainly because of the fact as has been said he refuses to accept any accountability for when he makes poor decisions that affect OUR club.

Nobodys going to knock you for cheering. Nobodys going to knock you for creating an atmosphere. But it wasn’t “a constant wall of noise” from minute one to 90 against Millwall - unless you count the booing at 3-2. And it definitely wasn’t from a fairly sparse ground including S82 just after half time

Get behind the team - yeah, absolutely. Make out we’ve got some kind of cauldron and a manager who takes accountability - nah.

God, I hope we win. But this is a well Intended but misguided rallying call.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, James said:

COYR!

I’m with you mate some of these miserable bastards can’t wait failure to pounce on someone,supporters my ass ,as you say let’s get behind the boys the past is the past 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, James said:

COYR!

Well said!

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I agree with the sentiment in the OP, yet the optimism I'm struggling to see good grounds for.

Just can't motivate myself for Saturday as is - been given a ticket by family who are on holiday and almost rather they would drag me with them but have overtime on Sunday.

When was the last time - out of interest, not seen it mentioned  - that we conceded 10 in 4? (as per current)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

I’m with you mate some of these miserable bastards can’t wait failure to pounce on someone,supporters my ass ,as you say let’s get behind the boys the past is the past 

Wasn't this you on Saturday?

On 14/09/2024 at 20:09, Topper 123 said:

This team has no fire / enthusiasm/character and no idea there are loads I could ask which include passion and balls 90% of this squad belong in division one and do they care do they **** as they know they’ll never get higher footy or wages as their getting , so there’s NO AMBITION 

On 14/09/2024 at 20:11, Topper 123 said:

You ******* are letting us down massively and are taking the money out of our children’s mouths as we follow you everywhere and what do you give back NOTHING 

• Haha 10
  • Flames 2

The O.P’s sentiment is great but sadly life doesn’t pan out that way. Our only win was a great fight back and entertaining until you realise we threw away a 2 goal lead and shipped 3 goals in that game. We have conceded 3 goals in our last 4 games, this isn’t the way to get the fans behind the team.

Our Head Coach does himself no favours with his time tabled subs or playing the most important signing (I believe that’s what he said) his number 10 out wide where he was totally ineffectual whilst on loan at Hull. Manning also needs to be able to respond when it’s clear plan A isn’t working. We spent quite big this summer but have we spent well? I’m yet to see that.

Asking the fans to cheer regardless won’t work and could, in fact, make things worse. Say the whole ground did get vocal and created the cauldron effect the O.P want and we then go and ship another 3 goals at home how many would be inclined to get behind them next time? Blind support isn’t what’s needed. If we get good football played on the front foot as promised by Jon Lansdown and Brian Tinnion the fan base will get behind the players and coach. We have to stop this playing by numbers we need to let the flair players loose from the start, LM needs to get us playing in a way that gets our bums off our seat. Do that and there will be no need to encourage our support, that support will come naturally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

It’s really quite simple, if they play well and do anything with any sort of pace or ambition the crowd will be behind them.

If they come out and bore everyone rigid people will be sat there silent waiting to go home. 

Just like every other set of fans.

Over to the manager to send out a team that gives the crowd something to get behind.

Just a thought, maybe having a complete mood hoover as a manager doesn’t do a lot for atmosphere at the ground?

I agree ive seen more life in a bottle of Tizer.

The good news is, the sentiment in the original post is very much aimed at the majority of commenters in this thread.

So I'm glad it's caught all of your attention 😁

In simple terms, control what you as an individual can control. If you want to have a positive impact on the club which you/we all clearly care about, you can (assuming your at the game on Saturday and/or or any game after that!). Be a positive factor! (although appreciate that will be easier said than done for some on here)!

If every single person in Ashton Gate on Saturday takes that positive approach. It will undoubtedly create an environment in which the players are far more likely (whilst admittedly not by any means guaranteed...!) to perform well.

Sadly though, I'm sure there are many who are much happier missing the point with deafening irony on here. But let's hope I'm wrong. Though it is of course, each to their own.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome on and off the pitch on Saturday afternoon all the same. 🔴⚪

Edited by James
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, numbeast said:

The O.P’s sentiment is great but sadly life doesn’t pan out that way. Our only win was a great fight back and entertaining until you realise we threw away a 2 goal lead and shipped 3 goals in that game. We have conceded 3 goals in our last 4 games, this isn’t the way to get the fans behind the team.

Our Head Coach does himself no favours with his time tabled subs or playing the most important signing (I believe that’s what he said) his number 10 out wide where he was totally ineffectual whilst on loan at Hull. Manning also needs to be able to respond when it’s clear plan A isn’t working. We spent quite big this summer but have we spent well? I’m yet to see that.

Asking the fans to cheer regardless won’t work and could, in fact, make things worse. Say the whole ground did get vocal and created the cauldron effect the O.P want and we then go and ship another 3 goals at home how many would be inclined to get behind them next time? Blind support isn’t what’s needed. If we get good football played on the front foot as promised by Jon Lansdown and Brian Tinnion the fan base will get behind the players and coach. We have to stop this playing by numbers we need to let the flair players loose from the start, LM needs to get us playing in a way that gets our bums off our seat. Do that and there will be no need to encourage our support, that support will come naturally.

Another game where 2-0 up we sing “bounce around” and it comes back to bite us on the arse.

I know I’m probably the only one who hates it when that song starts it, but it seems to have the “Shitas” touch on our players! 😉😉😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James said:

That is really big of them.

But let’s be honest, they had no alternative but to own it.

We don’t want mealy mouthed words of appeasement.

We want immediate remedial action and change with positive results and outcomes.

Nothing less is acceptable.

Edited by Bazooka Joe

3 hours ago, James said:

COYR!

League one. 

No thanks.